Photo

More connection issues. Sorry guys.

Best Answer ICT, 03 October 2016 - 08:36 AM

For Zero Hour do only use gentool, not the launcher.

From http://www.gamerepla...ool&tab=8280900 :

If the game exists with a "Technical Difficulties" error, then install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86). If you use Origin, then disable Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game > Enable Origin In Game. If the game quits with a"DirectX 8.1" or "File corruped" error, then remove software that messes with debugging features, such as BitDefender, AVG AntiVirus and similar software, or add an exception/exclusion command in the Anti Virus for the game install directory. On Windows Vista and higher you can also try to lower the User Account Control (UAC) setting.
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stroke

Stroke
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

Hi all.

Apologies for bringing a topic up that most of you have seen enough of, but I'm really struggling here.

I've done the sign up, followed the guide, put my details in and all the rest of it, but I'm getting nowhere. Every time i try to log on I keep getting the same problem. I get a pop-up message that says I'm unable to connect to C&C Generals Zero Hour online.

The game copy I have is v1.04 and was bought from the origin site.

C&C series remains one of my all time favourites. I greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

#2 Stroke

Stroke
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

Anyone able to help? Someone must have some idea.

On another note. I downloaded gentool, but every time I try and start the game I get a pop-up saying the game files are corrupt / infected and i can't launch the game until I uninstall gentool.

Thanks.

Edited by Stroke, 02 October 2016 - 07:27 PM.

#3 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:36 AM   Best Answer

For Zero Hour do only use gentool, not the launcher.

From http://www.gamerepla...ool&tab=8280900 :

If the game exists with a "Technical Difficulties" error, then install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86). If you use Origin, then disable Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game > Enable Origin In Game. If the game quits with a"DirectX 8.1" or "File corruped" error, then remove software that messes with debugging features, such as BitDefender, AVG AntiVirus and similar software, or add an exception/exclusion command in the Anti Virus for the game install directory. On Windows Vista and higher you can also try to lower the User Account Control (UAC) setting.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#4 Stroke

Stroke
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:49 PM

Thanks ICT.

I'm now online.

:thumbsupxd:

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:28 PM

Fine, have fun!

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users