Photo

Zero Hour - Getting Stuck in Online Lobby

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 iMMaFieNd

iMMaFieNd
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:31 PM

Hello,

I am able to run Zero Hour with no issues and am connecting fine to other players. However, I randomly get stuck in the lobby. When I create a game or switch lobbies it just doesn't do anything and I have to alt+ctrl+del to exit. I have attached my computers specs. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and perhaps it's just a server issue? Any feedback or possible solutions is appreciated.

Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 Alpine_16

Alpine_16

title available

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:15 PM

How you know you can conect to other people when Zero Hour get stuck in the lobby after trying to create games?

Edited by Alpine_16, 03 October 2016 - 07:15 PM.

image.png

#3 iMMaFieNd

iMMaFieNd
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:27 AM

I don't always get stuck in the lobby I said I "randomly" get stuck in the lobby. I am able to create and join games most of the time. However, many times I experience this issue and it's quite a frequent occurrence and when it happens even when I restart the issue will not resolve. I usually have to wait 30 minutes and it may correct itself.

#4 Alpine_16

Alpine_16

title available

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:21 AM

... Very interesting case. I have that too, but it only lasts for a couple of seconds. 

Is this definition of your case correct. All the Text dissapear and you just see the Shellmap / the Units moving in the backround.

image.png

#5 iMMaFieNd

iMMaFieNd
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:02 AM

Yes, that is correct. I am stilled connected to the internet however because I am still able to chat in communicator but most of the time it will show that the person I am talking to is offline. So that rules out the case of my ISP disconnecting. The text disappears and the background is still moving. I can even click on different lobbies but it will not say that I joined; the previous lobby will remain highlighted. If you figure out the solution or have suggestions for testing please let me know, thanks.

#6 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:14 AM

Please, next time this happens write down the exact time (if possible with seconds) so we can have a look at the server log.

I'm moving this to the online support forum.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#7 Alpine_16

Alpine_16

title available

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

Well. Tbh im not quite sure what can cause this behaviour.  You could try to run it without compabilty mode for win xp, and see what happens. Also make sure the game has all rights to communicate with the Servers, be it the firewall, the modem, or the wlan router.#Portforwarding 

post-10016-1243353841.jpg

TCP: 80; 6667; 28910; 29900; 29920.

UDP: 4321; 27900.

Make sure to apply the settings to the game and to tell the game where is the hole to connect.

Best regards - the cnc online team -

image.png

#8 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:21 PM

You could try logging in with a different nick name. In some circumstances, a nick name will remain in one part of the system (until it is automatically expunged a while latter) even though the user has otherwise logged out. If you log in with a new nick name, you should not suffer from the effects of that.

In any case, next time you get stuck in the lobby, I would be grateful if you could try that (i.e. make sure you're logged out and then log in with a different name) then come back here and tell us what happened. That will help us fix that issue for other users.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#9 iMMaFieNd

iMMaFieNd
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:40 AM

Okay thanks for all the feedback guys. I will try everything out and let you know how it goes. Also, just to clarify: did you want me to try out a separate Revora account/ or same Revora account just different screen name?

Thank you,

Edited by iMMaFieNd, 07 October 2016 - 05:42 AM.

#10 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:42 AM

Having multiple Revora accounts is against our rules, so please just use a different nick name.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#11 iMMaFieNd

iMMaFieNd
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:24 AM

I recorded some times of the occurrence ( I haven't been playing much the issue usually occurs at a higher frequency):

TIME ZONE (California) - (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

October 5th - 12:28 AM - 00:28 hrs

October 7th - 5:07:20 PM - 17:07 hrs - at this occurrence I was booted from ZH and received a message stating I had been disconnected. Once I logged in I was able to see players and games in the lobby but when I would try and join, switch lobbies, or create a game I would get stuck and be unable to exit the Zero Hour program.

October 7th - 6:16 PM - 18:16 hrs

Attempts to Resolve

Switched screen name and logged in - FAILED

All appropriate ports are open, firewall port override: 29900, and send delay is checked.

Serviced Resumed at 5:20 PM (17:20). At this time I was able to login and join games/switch lobbies. The time-frame typical varies from 15-30 minutes on average where service is down.

Edited by iMMaFieNd, 08 October 2016 - 01:30 AM.

#12 iMMaFieNd

iMMaFieNd
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:01 AM

Any issues with servers at those times? Or connection issues solely from my end?

#13 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

Alright, I can see from the log that this is not quite the fault I had envisaged. It looks like you are failing to log in properly in the first place and I am not sure why at the moment. Is this still happening?

#14 iMMaFieNd

iMMaFieNd
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:04 AM

Yeah it has been. I have tried something and I think it may have corrected the issue. I switched from static to dynamic IP Address. I need more time to confirm it worked though. I will let you guys know if this solves the problem.

Thanks for all the help.

#15 iMMaFieNd

iMMaFieNd
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:09 AM

Okay so that fixed the problem. If you have a static IP just switch to obtain automatically if you are having the same issue and that should do it. 

NEVERMIND: False Alarm, still happening. It does feel like it improved a bit though. I'm thinking they're maybe an issue with conflicting IP addresses.

Edited by iMMaFieNd, 14 October 2016 - 02:59 AM.

#16 Alpine_16

Alpine_16

title available

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:46 AM

If your Ip is dinamic then the portforward dont work. Portforward need to know for with ip to open the ports. If the ip change all the time, its not good.

image.png

#17 iMMaFieNd

iMMaFieNd
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:08 AM

Not necessarily. I can select by device rather than IP and the ports still open properly.

#18 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:03 AM

This is not a Player to Player connection problem though. This is a problem with the "connection" between you and the server and it doesn't look like a networking problem at all. I am still looking at it.

#19 iMMaFieNd

iMMaFieNd
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 06:45 PM

Is it possible there was an issue when I created my Revora account? Should I attempt to create a new one? However, if I recall correctly sometimes I had this issue even when the GameSpy servers were still working.

#20 iMMaFieNd

iMMaFieNd
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:03 AM

I had something new happen with me. I got kicked from the server (disconnected) and then when I tried to connect it said "The Buddy Connection Was Refused". Any ideas?