15 replies to this topic

#1 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Projects:arson
  •  memer

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:39 PM

So like the forums are quite so I will make a thread that's some fun for me and hopefully for you too.

Mental omega has a lot of references so can you help me find them all (I think you can edit threads so if you find one I will put it on the list and give you credit k thx bye)

ALLIES:

Blizzard tank

-"The ice tank cometh" is a reference is "The icemen cometh" from batman and robin 1997

-"Winter is coming" is a reference to game of thrones

(Allied list is shit because I don't play allies)

Tsurgi

-"You have 10 seconds to comply" is a reference to robocop

Siege cadre

-"Prism power!" Thanks Damfoos!

Basswave

-"All your base are belong to us!" Another stale meme

SOVIET:

Cyborg prototybe

-There is no real law of war etc. etc whatever. Death_kitty proved that I am infact a lobotomy victim and I have an IQ of 2.3 and I can't remember 2nd grade history lessons.

-"I never asked for this!" is a reference to dues ex's character named adam who at one point of the game says 'I never asked for this" and just like the cyborg he is referring to his cybernetic augmentations

Colonel morales

-"Me gusta!" is a really fucking stale meme that's in this mod for some reason

-"Stop drop and roll! (insert latin word that I can't comprehend here)" I think he says that because he sets troops on fire and like they say that when they're on fire.

-Apparently, colonel morales is a reference to a character named morales from a show as well. they both behave like maniacs. Thanks to Black/Brunez  and Martinoz for pointing that one out.

Borillo

-"Through the fire and flames!" is a tribute to dragonforce

Epsilon:

Arial fortress iralaka:

-"This is the end of the world as they know it" It's a song reference, I think. I don't know.

Malver:

-"Nothing lasts forever" Tears for fears song. Or something. Thanks to Schottkey 7th path for these epsilon references.

Oxidizer:

-"Dizer!" I think that this is a reference to grandizer?? I am not sure. But given that the oxidizer sounds depressed 98.69% of the time I think that it is rather weird that he would be excited about anything. So yeah. Grandizer. My favourite show back when I was 5. That was about 15 years ago. And I still remember it.

I, the great blimp make this entire section in dedication to the man who helped me fill this archive more than I have : asdfghjk, Great name by the way.

Dunerider

-"I'm afraid of spiders" Is a reference to spiderman or that boogy person
Malver and Rahn

-A lot of bane memery references

Seawolf:

-"Follow that human crane" Apparently it's a reference but we don't know.

Hijacker

-"Oh I swear officer I, I! Oh.. It's you"

Basswave:

-"I'll play you the song of my people"

Buratino

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning"/"Smells like victory" - Apocalypse Now

Cavalier

-"This'll leave more than a flesh wound" - presumably Monty Python's Black Knight

Stormchild/Gyrocopter:

"Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening"/"I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike" - Queen. Obviously.

Siege Cadre

-"Taste the rainbow!" - Free Skittles advertising

Cyborg Prototype

Colossus

-Basically entirely Meshuggah lyrics/references

I had to edit this because my "tribute" to asdfghjk felt very unhearted and un-genuine so I had to edit it to feel like an average person.

That's all. sorry. I will play with every faction and spam the fuck out of every unit and do every possible action with them to find more references. kthxbye

Edited by thegreatblimp, 13 October 2016 - 03:24 PM.

It's a spicy meme

#2 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:42 PM

I think there's still a link floating around the internet to the old voice lines document somewhere, there you can check all the references. Probably in some old news archive.

#3 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:18 PM

I think there's still a link floating around the internet to the old voice lines document somewhere, there you can check all the references. Probably in some old news archi

Which unit says that?

My asshole sarcasm aside which I truly apologize for, I will begin searching for that at this moment. I may even venture to the deepest darkest unexplored hell of the internet.

The second page of google.

It's a spicy meme

#4 asdfghjk

asdfghjk
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

Spreadsheet

Outdated, but useful anyway. Even points some of them out for you.

Dunerider: "I'm afraid of spiders" - is this a Green Goblin/Spiderman thing?
Malver and Rahn - ton of Bane memery between them. Libra doesn't complete the trifecta, sadly.
Seawolf: "Follow that human crane!" - this is so bizarre it has to be in reference to something but I don't know what
Hijacker: "Problem officer?"
Basswave also has "I'll play you the song of my people"
Buratino: "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"/"Smells like victory" - Apocalypse Now
Cavalier: "This'll leave more than a flesh wound" - presumably Monty Python's Black Knight

Stormchild/Gyrocopter: "Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening"/"I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike" - Queen. Obviously.
Siege Cadre: "Taste the rainbow!" - Free Skittles advertising
Cyborg: Some Fear Factory lyrics/references
Colossus: Basically entirely Meshuggah lyrics/references

#5 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:58 PM

Cadre's "Prism Power!" is a reference too

#6 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:44 PM

and its not the law of war. its the art of war.

#7 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:31 PM

FUCK. Thanks for pointing out my mistakes. All new references will be added.

It's a spicy meme

#8 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

@thegreatblimp: MESHUGGAH IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

#9 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega APYR Wiki
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:48 PM

For me, I think that Libra is quite similar to the Wretched Egg from the anime/manga Deadman Wonderland; both have powerful unnatural abilities and have a vicious, sadistic persona.

#10 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:04 PM

For me, I think that Libra is quite similar to the Wretched Egg from the anime/manga Deadman Wonderland; both have powerful unnatural abilities and have a vicious, sadistic persona.

That's cool.. I guess. But it's not an exact reference, for all we know this could be a coincidence, this is a shitty thread any way so making mistakes won't matter.

It's a spicy meme

#11 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:19 AM

Fun fact: Morales is a reference

#12 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:50 AM

Well, Malver is a big guy, so you will need his permission to die. also i keep thinking the "nothing lasts forever" would be a reference to a Tears for Fears song. Which i assume since the Irkalla also says "It's the end of the world as they know it." another song reference

There are the Maps that are named after each story arc in JoJo's Bizarre adventure manga that Speeder has tweeted and in some Moddb news updates. Phantom Blood (pt1.), Diamond is Unbreakable (pt4), Vento Aureo (pt 5) and Steel Ball Run (pt7) are ones i can confirm. though that leaves Battle Tendency (pt2) and Stardust Crusaders (pt3) and Stone Ocean (pt6) and possibly Jojolion (pt8). but likely they are already done

>>>>>>>> Unoffical compliation of upcoming features for the next MO Release https://forums.revor...-see/?p=1033314 <<<<<<<<

#13 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:10 PM

S

Well, Malver is a big guy, so you will need his permission to die. also i keep thinking the "nothing lasts forever" would be a reference to a Tears for Fears song. Which i assume since the Irkalla also says "It's the end of the world as they know it." another song reference

There are the Maps that are named after each story arc in JoJo's Bizarre adventure manga that Speeder has tweeted and in some Moddb news updates. Phantom Blood (pt1.), Diamond is Unbreakable (pt4), Vento Aureo (pt 5) and Steel Ball Run (pt7) are ones i can confirm. though that leaves Battle Tendency (pt2) and Stardust Crusaders (pt3) and Stone Ocean (pt6) and possibly Jojolion (pt8). but likely they are already done

Sorry man, I can't put map references because just about every single map has a name which is either a joke or reference.

It's a spicy meme

#14 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:59 PM

7fqd2Qz.png

#15 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:42 PM

^ Even scene in hero spotlight is a reference

giphy.gif

#16 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:31 PM

^ Even scene in hero spotlight is a reference

giphy.gif

Oh shit man, that's funny as fuck, given that I wasted more than 2 minutes of time watching that part of a latin movie.

Nice attention to detail man.

It's a spicy meme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users