Photo

Mental omega 3.3 voice over showcase release date?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Projects:arson
  •  memer

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:49 AM

I want to know. because you know.. some of the voice actors *COUGH COUGH* *WOLFHOUND* *COUGH* were kind of.. cringy. Like that is not a real russian accent. You got a fucking legend like colonel morales and the thor gunship with amazing voice actors.

I want to know how good the voice actors are in 3.3

I sure hope speeder does a unit other than the tyrant.

Edited by thegreatblimp, 24 October 2016 - 06:50 AM.

It's a spicy meme

#2 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:42 AM

With a limited amount of amateur voice actors you use what you have, and you won't scrap one voiceover after another until you'll get a 100% true Russian accent. Tsivil didn't sound Russian either. There are voiceovers which I like a lot (Mantis, Barracuda, Irkalla, Deviator, Cavalier, Shadow, Nuwa, some other voiceovers which I can't recall right now) and which I don't like because they either sound weird or goofy or they don't have enough passion. I would be glad if some units got a better VO: Infiltrator (sounds like a gay), Suppressor (too quiet, too goofy), Buratino (too quiet, and overall I'd prefer something like ROTR Buratino voiceover by Comrade Crimson), and some other voices. But with limited amount of people available I don't think those will be remade, there are other priorities after all.

A voiceovers showcase video would be nice however, so far only voiceovers of 4 Soviet units were revealed and that's only because Crimson posted them on his soundcloud. Looks like the release won't happen soon, so it'd be nice to hear MOre in advance while we are waiting.

#3 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:53 AM

With a limited amount of amateur voice actors you use what you have, and you won't scrap one voiceover after another until you'll get a 100% true Russian accent. Tsivil didn't sound Russian either. There are voiceovers which I like a lot (Mantis, Barracuda, Irkalla, Deviator, Cavalier, Shadow, Nuwa, some other voiceovers which I can't recall right now) and which I don't like because they either sound weird or goofy or they don't have enough passion. I would be glad if some units got a better VO: Infiltrator (sounds like a gay), Suppressor (too quiet, too goofy), Buratino (too quiet, and overall I'd prefer something like ROTR Buratino voiceover by Comrade Crimson), and some other voices. But with limited amount of people available I don't think those will be remade, there are other priorities after all.

A voiceovers showcase video would be nice however, so far only voiceovers of 4 Soviet units were revealed and that's only because Crimson posted them on his soundcloud. Looks like the release won't happen soon, so it'd be nice to hear MOre in advance while we are waiting.

While I don't like irkalla's voice actor because I can't hear anything when it speaks, I can certainly agree with your statement, given that they said that mental omega WILL arrive in 2016 (in their youtube about page) I believe that the voice over showcase won't be so far.

It's a spicy meme

#4 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:53 PM

Irkalla is one of the best voice overs that 3.0 has to offer

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#5 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:51 PM

Irkalla is one of the best voice overs that 3.0 has to offer

While I really like the charon tank's voice actor, you can have your opinion and I can have mine, but this has nothing to do with the 3.3 showcase, I understand that you have to tell me your opinion but, some clearance on the 3.3 showcase would have been great, I certainly hope you have a more than great day.

It's a spicy meme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users