account not found bfme1 account setup not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DogHouse

DogHouse
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

Hi.  I originally posted this a couple of days ago in the BFME2 equivalent, though I expect the account works the same in both - I'm trying to sort BFME1 first so have re-posted in a BFME1 thread

I am running WIndows 10 64 bit pro

I uninstalled my BFME1 and downloaded and installed the T3A version and it all works fine on single player (as does BFME2 which I'll try once BFME1 is working) and indeed as did the original games before I uninstalled them to be able to play over the network again.

I created T3A, revora forum and server accounts starting from the official site link when you first run bFME1 and get the T3A online screen with the launch, official site and update buttons

I went to BFME1 and could not log in using either the forum or server account details (tried the server ones having read various threads as some responses seemed to say I should use the server ones?)

I tried changing the password on my account in case that was it, as in the BFME1 online screen it did not appear to be putting in a character when I typed the non alphanumeric in my password - so I changed to a password without one. I then also found both my T3A and revora forum passwords had been changed so I guess my decision to use the same for both (though different for the servers) was good!

Tried again and still "The specified account or sub account name was not found".

​I've been through all the threads that appear relevant and can find nothing to assist.  I have no special characters in username (DogHouse) or password, which have been accepted as valid.

There is no Gamespy line in my options.ini if that could be it but I cannot find any instructions telling me what the gamespy line should read anyway (even after a forums search).

As per the instructions I have NOT tried to create a new account from the BFME1 network screen to see if that solves the problem, though it was tempting!

Any assistance much appreciated

Attached File  BFME1 - account not found.pdf   242.87KB   154 downloads

#2 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:42 PM

It's correct that you only need to use your server account to login with the game. You must have created it via t3aonline.net

Can you login on this website?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#3 DogHouse

DogHouse
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:01 AM

Hi ICT

Well problem solved, but I don't know how, given how many times I tried last weekend - all I can think is that maybe I selected a nickname in use by somebody else when I tried the server details login, unless there was some delay in my account registering through (only someone who knows how the system works would know that) but anyway, it has now let me log in 2 times out of 3 this evening, so whatever it was it is fixed. 

Thank you for taking the time to reply and giving me the confidence to try again whilst trying to work out what you meant by logging in on this website - I could always get to here and when I listed my account details it showed my server login if that is what you meant?

To emphasise to anybody else reading this thread (though I did try this last week!) AFTER YOU CREATE YOUR T3A and REVORA ACCOUNT THEN CREATE YOUR SERVER ACCOUNT IT IS THE SERVER ACCOUNT DETAILS YOU ENTER INTO BFME1 WHEN TRYING TO LOG IN TO NETWORK PLAY

To be fair, the majority of my attempts last Sunday and Monday were with the T3A and forum username and password, only about 3 with the server ones as I thought from the forums there would be another log in to the server after I used my T3A login in the game - which was incorrect interpretation on my part

Now I just need to get the rest of the family set up with accounts so that we can play online again for the first time in 10 years plus!

Thanks again

#4 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:07 AM

Glad to hear that. Yes, the forum and the game server accounts are separate credentials.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users