Photo

Trump has made history! (now vs the world)

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#41 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

Sam Harris basically said the same thing yesterday.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#42 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:42 PM

Is there anyone in the media not complaining about Trump?  I don't know why people are so surprised, really.  This is the same country that has been grieving the death of a gorilla for the past 6 months  I would be surprised if they didn't vote for a clown, really.

#43 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,197 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:54 PM

And recently Trump is getting a few lawsuits against his university. Who knows if Trump will get impeached one day?

#44 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:08 PM

Is there anyone in the media not complaining about Trump?  I don't know why people are so surprised, really.  This is the same country that has been grieving the death of a gorilla for the past 6 months  I would be surprised if they didn't vote for a clown, really.

Both Duke's and my link were people complaining about the regressive left - no small part of the reason the most powerful country on earth is now led by an orange trainwreck, in case you were referring to what we posted.

The Democratic party had plenty of opportunities to put forward a proper answer to Trump's deceitful demagoguery while acknowledging and providing real answers to people's fears, and failed spectacularly. They refused to address the very real antipathy a lot of Americans have towards the establishment, and chose to put forth an embodiment of exactly that establishment: Hillary Clinton - a corporate elitist with all the charisma and likability of a particularly grey rock. Yes, she was qualified, but also clearly not the sort of leader people were looking for.

Should've been Sanders. Character, spirit, policies aiming for real change, and, like Trump, an outsider, but with decades of experience. And now the whole world gets to reap the benefits.

EDIT: Regarding impeachment, yeah, who knows. He'll be on trial for fraud and racketeering, which from what I've gathered are 'impeachable acts'. But then Mike fucking Pence would take office - a guy with political experience and views that are arguably worse than Trump's.

#45 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:17 PM

Oh, it was just a general observation.  I was looking at my grandma's news paper and it was all "who the heck does this Trump guy THINK HE IS??"  Yea, I get it.  Heard it before.  Thanks, general news.

#46 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:23 PM

But then Mike fucking Pence would take office - a guy with political experience and views that are arguably worse than Trump's.

If you are referring to what I think you are referring to, the gay conversion therapy thing is grossly exagerrated.

http://www.snopes.co...ersion-therapy/

That said he is a more run-of-the-mill conservative.

#47 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:49 PM

The unexaggerated version is still staggering. And the rest of the bullets on his list of inanities might be run-of-the-mill conservatism to you, but not to a Dutchman such as myself. We don't get those kinds of politicians here, thankfully.

He's preferable to Trump only because I've seen no evidence of him being particularly thin-skinned or vengeful. So I guess in the interest of international security (the thing most able to affect me in the short term), Trump getting impeached would be dandy.

#48 Casen

Casen

title available

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:10 PM

He's preferable to Trump only because I've seen no evidence of him being particularly thin-skinned or vengeful. So I guess in the interest of international security (the thing most able to affect me in the short term), Trump getting impeached would be dandy.

He was basically unknown outside of Indiana. Whether he's better than Trump totally depends on how he feels about neoconservatism. In addition Trump is really a Centrist who talks like an idiot. He has entertained single-payer healthcare. Whilst I've not looked into it, Pence being a run-of-the-mill conservative probably means he's against it. Weigh all the pluses and minuses. Don't jump to the conclusion Pence is better than Trump solely due to experience and behavior. I prioritize based solely on policy.

#49 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:23 PM

I don't live in the US and already benefit from socialized healthcare, so I prefer whomever is less of a loose cannon/all up in Putin's ass.

Also you're doing the same thing you did in the Trump vs. Clinton thread. He talks and acts like an idiot, yet somehow we're supposed to believe he's not really that much of an idiot. You're implying Trump isn't really the person he appears to be despite there being no evidence to the contrary. He's a centrist that only talks like an idiot? Judging from the people he's allegedly picking to fill important positions, he's following up his dumb words with dumb actions (like he has all his life). Sarah Palin? Newt Gingrich?

I sure hope the rumor of him appointing Myron Ebell (a climate change denier) as the next head of the Environmental Protection Agency turns out to be false. Though it probably won't. That's another major reason I think I'd rather have Mike Pence: he's been quite uneasy and reluctant to fall in line with Trump on his dangerous denial of climate change. As a citizen of a country that's 2/3rds below sea level, this sort of thing matters to me, and it's the main reason I wanted Clinton to win.

#50 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:11 AM

@Plokite: Okay then, so you are lazy. You didn't read it still. Thanks for admitting it, that's the first step. You haven't acknowledged her with Benghazi, you haven't acknowledged her being secretary of state and breaching national security ten fold, you haven't acknowledged the Clinton foundation being caught doing bribes... you've done nothing. So you've actually done less than me. I give a summary of her political career and past life, things that are widely assessable for anybody to find, and I even offer to get in depth and trace it down for your lazy ass. Where as you do nothing.

Well so be it, you lost.... this the main reason I wanted Trump to win. To CRUSH you smug neo conservative dogs. Did you hear? Hillary Clinton and her campaign crew, they had champaign all ready to be drank the night of the election, waiting for their landslide victory..... and... they got crushed. LOL! Hillary was reported to have been crying for 6 hours straight after the news hit her and her crew. It took her a while to re compose herself, and finally give a speech. Thats right... cry me a river, bitch.

Oh yeah, and I also heard that Trump actually did steal the election! There are a reported 10 million votes missing! The plan was for Trump to announce he wouldn’t accept election results, to charge democrats with rigging the election.  He already knew the fix was in and in saying what he said, nobody could make the same charges, though true.  This is taught in every law school.  Ten million democratic votes simply disappeared and the predicted landslide victory of Hillary Clinton was stolen courtesy of the Mossad of Israel.

Hell yeeeeah! Thats how you do it! You Rape and pillage!

And now theres riots happening in the States. Soon there could be shootouts! And more public groping too! This is a sexy party! We got two months of hilarity! OH THE HILARITY! This is awesome! Yes, he has made history! THIS IS THE FUNNIEST FUCKING SHIT EVER!

@Mathijiss: Pfft. Climate change? What the fuck are you gonna do about climate change, huh? What, are you just gonna lower the temperature somehow, cowboy?

Look its not just the Earth's temperature rising. Its all the planets in this solar system, and its because our sun is actually heating up. Theres some crazy fucking solar energy building up and shooting out of our Sun, shit worthy for another topic. I show you some websites if you want. But I think your busy drinking wine, and I can relate.

So what are you gonna do? Fix the sun? You seriously wanted Clinton to win so that she could fix climate change? Now thats fucking silly.

Embrace the chaos mathijis! You said so yourself, thats what its all bout! You can't control it! HAHAA! Ohh man, I need a drink.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 12 November 2016 - 02:17 AM.

#51 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:58 AM

He was basically unknown outside of Indiana. 

I live in Indiana, and I didn't even know who he was until this election.

#52 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:22 AM

Dominant_Hunter, I think you need an extended leave from the Internet, just for your idiotic rampaging about things you only think you understand and parading with your twisted opinions like an angry gorilla, let alone for your disrespectful rhetoric.

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#53 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:29 AM

He's now suspended for 90 days.

#54 ChildrenofBodom

ChildrenofBodom
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Projects:RiseofTheIronCrownMod

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:42 AM

Trump>Clinton. Honestly, Hillary(Or Hitlery) as president is the true nightmare. Granted, Trump  isn't the president until late January, so we do not know yet what he will actually do. 

Edited by ChildrenofBodom, 12 November 2016 - 10:43 AM.

TricLogoRevora.Jpeg

#55 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

Yeah okay buddy.

#56 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:06 PM

Every time I see one of Dominant_Hunter's posts, it just makes me picture this 14 year old kid snorting coke and rage smashing his keyboard, trying his damndest to offend someone, anyone. We all have caps lock and exclamation marks. And nobody is going to be impressed by some profanity on the internet. It's just sad really.

On the topic at hand, I think I preferred Hillary. And I've always thought Trump was a joke. For a long time I was just waiting for him to drop out of the race and quit with the charade/publicity stunt. But now that we've got him, I guess we'll just have to see where it goes. Hopefully his business experience will at least count for something. And he should just let Mike handle the foreign affairs.

#57 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:00 PM

Heh, seems Obama has got a job keeping the ship afloat behind the scenes :p

http://secondnexus.c...a-to-help-coach

Obama To Help Coach Trump, Who Was Surprised By Scope of Job

President-elect Donald Trump plans to spend more time with President Barack Obama learning how to assimilate into his new role after winning the most volatile election in decades.

So yeah, he's got two-and-a-half months to hire 6000 to run his government. Might be handy to have some sane democrats saving whatever scraps they can. Maybe Trump promised to stay off Obamacare until next period for the help :p

Edit: Also, Christoph Waltz certainly deserves a share for the look of absolute despair at the topic of Trump getting a grace period.

Edited by duke_Qa, 15 November 2016 - 12:16 AM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#58 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:18 AM

Trump has now named a white nationalist as his senior advisor. Seems Axis 2.0 is coming...

http://www.cnn.com/2...hiat/index.html

#59 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:50 PM

We got better media coverage today, along with stronger governance, and the gridlock in the US system isn't just going to disappear overnight, so I'm not immediately worried they'll try and make a fourth reich as that would cause enough trouble at home.

I'm more worried for the safekeeping of human rights around the world, as Trump starts "making great deals" with Russia, China, North Korea. Most of those deals would probably include attacks on human rights, and most of the time the West would not stand for such concessions. Trump though, doesn't care that much about what happens elsewhere in the world, so he'll think they're selling themselves cheap and be happy about making "great deals".

Before you know it, half the world has pretty much been handed over to their elites to be slaves. That's my biggest concern with a Trump/republican presidency right now.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#60 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,197 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:12 AM

Trump has secured victory officially today by the electoral college: https://www.washingt...m=.c799fd6d42b8

I guess the opponents who wanted the electors to change their votes to Clinton certainly did not work out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users