Photo

What are your favourite 3 MO 3.0 units (or infantry)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Projects:arson
  •  memer

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:20 PM

Because the forum is silent, it's like there's a finger stealing cat stealing the forum's fingers and now no one can type.

Mine are

1)Thor gunship

2)Sentinel

3)Prism tank

Please reply so I don't feel lonely.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2222.PNG

It's a spicy meme

#2 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  •  LET ME SELL YOU A GOOD GUN, EY?

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:51 PM

i mostly play soviets so i think i'm kinda bias but oh well

1: the centurion why? i remember playing the mo 2.0 mission rage against the machine and how it made the centurion out to be this unkillable force, and you  had to stop it, and i feel mo 3.0 pulls off its "unkillable force" vibe a lot better

2: wolfhound, no clue why i just really freaking love this unit, maybe just the overall theme? oh well

3: abrams, maybe living in the us makes me bias here, but i mean how is this unit not awesome? IT HAS FREAKING LASER BEAMS!

(and yes, someone with yunru in the name didn't pick yunru :p)

#3 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:16 PM

#1: The Hailstorm

What I like to refer to as the Heroes Bane, is the Hailstorm. They can rain Icy doom from afar in safety with a whopping range of 20, killing high priority targets, such as heroes and structures with ease. And unlike the SCUD Launcher, they will most likely always hit their target, be it moving or not. When amassed, no infantry is safe, and say goodbye to light vehicles. 

#2: The Sentinel

Because I hate all aerial assaults, especially wolfhound spams, plus they're great for defending high priority targets, such as super weapons or your Centurion, that could easily be sniped with Bombers/Jets. I recall quite a few matches where they've saved me, and do I ever love watching their $16000 assault fall in a single second, especially when they''re desperate. Hehehe.

#3: The Engineer

The inexpensive and highly underrated Engineers can repair units when combined with IFV-like units, making your forces last much longer, and can cripple your opponent with just one rush by stealing their structures for yourself. They also play an important role in capturing tech structures, such as Oil Derricks, giving you an economical advantage early on.

Some players like to cap a structure, then build a War factory, followed by a Kirov or something, right in the middle of their base. I'd like to see that done with the MAD MAN.

Edited by BlackAbsence, 23 November 2016 - 09:42 PM.

Infinitive absence.

#4 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  Robot In Grease, BURRRAH

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:36 AM

1. Master Mind - Technically used when I'm playing PsiCorps. Which in case of enemy spams on the ground, that vehicle puts people's minds against them. One of the weakness of course, it might to start to overload if more than three units were mind controlled.
  2. Prism Tank - Of course there is a portable anti-infantry and siege European vehicle that supports the Prism weaponry. RA3's spectrum tech sucks but I don't wanna talk about it. There is a consequence if the enemy got hit by a Comet: FRAGMENTS.
  3. Nuwa Cannon - The most powerful tank in the Chinese arsenal. One hit on that Conscript and u died, just kidding. Maybe they probably destroy a unit in just a few seconds, but it leaves a small radiation upon hit. These are stronger than Battle Fortresses but I don't talk about that vehicle for Pacific.

#5 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:53 AM

1. Catastrophe Tank, imo much more fun than IFV types. I sometimes combine them with Desolator, Tesla Trooper, or Pyro. Sometimes I put Adepts/Elites on them. Ever tried Mind Controlling a Catastrophe that mind controls another Catastrophe that mind controls yet another Catastrophe?

2. Centurion, I guess I like those Battle Fortress-esque vehicles. But did you know that if you try to Force Attack higher elevation, the shell would not only miss the actual spot, but actually travels farther than its' maximum range? I've mindfucked a friend while playing against him by shooting at his forces on a plateau within the range which none of his units/buildings can reach.

Spoiler

3. Nuwa Cannon, blows away most stuff, only wish they can respond to attacks and stops faster when they move. But hey, that's Nuwa for you.

Edited by Handepsilon, 24 November 2016 - 02:56 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#6 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:41 AM

Yes! I breathed life into the forums!

Thanks for your opinions. This helps shorten the wait for 3.3

It's a spicy meme

#7 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

Yes! I breathed life into the forums!

Thanks for your opinions. This helps shorten the wait for 3.3

its fine, i do wonder what everyones favorite hero is :p

(ps happy thanksgiving)

#8 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:25 PM

Mine is the Zeitgeist boiiii

Siegfried, my boi

It's a spicy meme

#9 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:09 PM

Everyone wants to protect Yunru.

#10 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:14 PM

protect the smol war child

though if i was to pick a fav hero, it would be libra, i enjoy the idea of crazy war people and she hits the mark, plus red eyes are cool

#11 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:57 AM

protect the smol war child

though if i was to pick a fav hero, it would be libra, i enjoy the idea of crazy war people and she hits the mark, plus red eyes are cool

Evil red eyes

Eeeeeeviiiiiil

Her voice can be cute sometimes though.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#12 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:57 AM

Out of all heroes I'll probably choose Rahn, because of free Brutes :p Though Tanya and Volkov are cool too.

As for units, hard to say, but I think it'd be Cavalier tank (no idea why, I just like it), Catastrophe (muh fireports) and Abrams (FREEEEDOM!!!! ...and also speed, firepower and laz0rz).

Edited by Damfoos, 25 November 2016 - 07:58 AM.

#13 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:12 AM

Evil red eyes

Eeeeeeviiiiiil

Her voice can be cute sometimes though.

yes, ever so cute, though i do realize, all the female heros are to some level crazy, yunru and libra are clearly off the deep end at times (more so for libra) and tanya, is... crazy for freedom to say the least, i wonder what the female foehn hero will being to the table :p

#14 Chrono Stormer

Chrono Stormer
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Projects:Modding for fun and writing on occasion
  •  Revolutionary Commander

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:24 PM

Maybe Foehn's heroine is just clinically insane? We already have the crazy American, mood-swingy Yunru, and Libra is, well, still herself. (All three versions, lel multiple personalities)

Anyhow, favorite units? I'll say now the Lionheart Bomber looks super fun and I'll probably use it a ton, even if it requires stealing tech.

Borillos are also really great, early rushing with Borillos filled with Pyros is an interesting tactic to take out a conyard and other stuff.

With the Epsilon, Colossus is king. Gotta love HQ, and it makes a perfect offense and defense weapon.

And from what we've seen regarding Foehn, I'm really excited to try the MADMAN. I guess I just really like destruction and combining with the Great Tempest sounds like the beautiful mix of desolation

#15 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:24 PM

Maybe Foehn's heroine is just clinically insane? We already have the crazy American, mood-swingy Yunru, and Libra is, well, still herself. (All three versions, lel multiple personalities)

Anyhow, favorite units? I'll say now the Lionheart Bomber looks super fun and I'll probably use it a ton, even if it requires stealing tech.

Borillos are also really great, early rushing with Borillos filled with Pyros is an interesting tactic to take out a conyard and other stuff.

With the Epsilon, Colossus is king. Gotta love HQ, and it makes a perfect offense and defense weapon.

And from what we've seen regarding Foehn, I'm really excited to try the MADMAN. I guess I just really like destruction and combining with the Great Tempest sounds like the beautiful mix of desolation

but the lionheart is a 3.3 unit and this is for 3.0 units

#16 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:03 PM

Shame on you.

It's a spicy meme

#17 Chrono Stormer

Chrono Stormer
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Projects:Modding for fun and writing on occasion
  •  Revolutionary Commander

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:40 AM

@ Yunru whoops, I should probably read a little more. For that I'll go with the Thor, cause it's basically a mobile weather controller.

@ thegreatblimp I only do that when I'm bored and if the AI lets me. It is still fun to watch the enemy's world burn, though.

#18 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:17 AM

tanya, is... crazy for freedom to say the least

More like for action, I think?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#19 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:47 AM

@chrono i guess op spams are a good way to pass the time

@handepsilon more she shouldn't of been given a gun works, after all just wearing some red could make her shoot :p

#20 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:13 PM

A while ago I made a video with my personal Top 10 units in MO 3.0

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic