Minas Morgul Wall glitch

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Snaksolid

Snaksolid
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:49 PM

I'm working on a mod for bfme that same of you may have heard of called kings of the west. by that I mean I'm modifying the mod. Anyway, the main problem with the game is that Mordor now gets minas morgul walls. Which would be fine except that they are built on defensive structure foundations. That means you have to knock down every single section of wall before the castle will go down. Needless to say this is unacceptable.

My question? Is there a way to give the bad guys castle walls that work on the same behavior as the good guys. E.G. if you take out every single building inside the good guys castle, you knock the whole castle down without having to take out all the walls/arrow towers. When you are the bad guys however, you have to knock down all of the little arrow tower defensive structures as well as the main buildings.

I just want all castles to behave in the manner of the good guys. Knock down all the buildings and take the castle down.

#2 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:29 PM

You have to change the .bse files. Every faction has bases which you can find in bases.big, and once you export them you should be able to open those in worldbuilder. :)

26285.png

#3 Snaksolid

Snaksolid
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:33 PM

Well I tried to change the perimeter and the game crashed. Any ideas?

#4 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:46 PM

Which perimeter did you change? Changing base files should not result in crashes. :|

26285.png

#5 Snaksolid

Snaksolid
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:15 AM

Sorry for the late reply. My grandpa died and I had to go to his funeral. Well I modified what was called perimeter one and I guess it was the main perimeter of the castle. Some background info though. I could only use the worldbuilder from rise of the witchking. The one for bfme1 won't even open at all. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

#6 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

Sorry to hear about your grandpa.. all the best to you and your family.

I don't think you can use RotWK worldbuilder for BFME 1. What I mean is that you'd have to open the bases in worldbuilder and manually place the wall segment objects as you want them to be placed (look at the Gondor base for reference). Make sure to back up your bases before you attempt to change them. 

26285.png

#7 Snaksolid

Snaksolid
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:15 AM

Thank you very much for your condolences.

Well that's a pickle because the BFME 1 world builder doesn't even load for me :/

Would you happen to know any fixes for that?

#8 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:27 PM

What happens when you double-click it? Nothing? Crash? If it crashes, you might have to run it as Admin and change the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP 2 or 3.

26285.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users