Photo

Zero Hour Unable to Connect

Best Answer TheTwilightTwat, 13 December 2016 - 07:01 AM

After applying the origin repair option to undo the recent launcher updates and following your advice my problem has been solved. Thank you so much for the speedy response and for helping to keep this game alive for those who love it. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheTwilightTwat

TheTwilightTwat
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:33 AM

Using c&c Ultimate collection (purchased through origin) on windows 10 with fully updated gentool and successfully set up revora name and password. IP address starting with 192, firewall down, using updated launchers, and deleted gamespy IP line from options.ini. Fully uninstalled c&c online before installing gentool and rebooted after. Working great with RA3 and regular generals but zero hour is giving me the “unable to connect to zero hour servers” message. Message pops up after I’ve clicked the multiplayer/online option, but before login screen is provided. Last attempt to log in was 12/13/2016 at 12:29am EST.

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Zero Hour
Zero Hour Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CnCGenerals\ZeroHour\
Started game with: "generals.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Zero Hour. Detaching...
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:44 AM

That's an easy one.   You don't need to use the launcher to launch Generals or Zero Hour if you have gentools installed and you shouldn't use it because it causes problems just like the ones you're experiencing.   

Just start those games from their normal short cut. 

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 TheTwilightTwat

TheTwilightTwat
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:01 AM   Best Answer

After applying the origin repair option to undo the recent launcher updates and following your advice my problem has been solved. Thank you so much for the speedy response and for helping to keep this game alive for those who love it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users