#1 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:39 PM

I saw this movie yesterday, and I must say it's a pretty good Star Wars movie. Of course, there are a few heavily used tropes getting in the way and I wasn't a big fan of Tarkin's CGI replacement, but the final part was intense and it hit the right notes.

To me a second or third place Star Wars movie, new hope and empire strikes back above that, not sure in which order. Big plus to the scale representation in star destroyers above cities, in front of death stars, and the scale of the devastation aforementioned death star is capable of doing with a few drops of power.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:02 PM

I've heard it mostly shines in terms of impressive visuals and shots. Going to see if I can't catch it on the silver screen here soon.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:04 PM

I wouldn't see this crap in a billion light years, but I wonder how well it would hold up without the nostalgia factor.  I reckon it's just stock laser and explosion sounds from the Lucas time capsule and a war story that has less of an emphasis on "story."  Yes, that would be better than every other Star Wars movie since the worst parts of them are the dialogues.  A little less conversation, a little more... you know.

#4 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:45 PM

The ratings from critics weren't highly positive on the story though in Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, but still it's a pretty great solid movie nonetheless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users