-KyRGyz- and Ghost17410 - Point Pushing - Confirmed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Peralva

Peralva
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:41 AM

A point pushing accusation against -KyRGyz- and Ghost17410 was made here. I will give them 3 clear days to explain his actions here or at Gamereplays. If we don't see a good explanation a penalty might be imposed.

#2 -TerMiNaToR^

-TerMiNaToR^
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:33 PM

What is point pushing?

#3 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:15 AM

Point Pushing PP
Point Pushing is playing non-competitive matches with a view to manipulating artificially the ladder ranking of a player or team. If the conduct is sufficiently significant, it may result in a points adjustment, reset or other enforcement.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#4 Renegade12345

Renegade12345
  • Project Team
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:36 PM

No explanation was given. Confirmed.

#5 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

I have dealt with three recent reports of point pushing here because they are all connected to some extent (for links to the reports, see the gamereplays Fair Play forum here; -KyRGyz- - Point Pushing - Confirmed).

The parties involved or implicated (although not necessarily complicit) in the point pushing exercise between these Zero Hour players are:

||KG|HeRo^ belonging to the Revora member Eleman
-KyRGyz- belonging to the Revora member -El, which I have established is a duplicate Revora account of Eleman
Ghost17410 belonging to the Revora member Ghost17410
Ghost_ another account belonging to Ghost17410
Bomberman30 belonging to the Revora member -Bomberman-

Earlier in the December season it was noticed that -KyRGyz- had reached the top of the Zero Hour 1vs1 ladder on the strength of 26 games (many of which were consecutive) played against Ghost17410 where Ghost17410 was the loser. Those games had many of the characteristics of Point Push games (and in particular, there did not appear to be any real gaming or effort between the players). To protect the integrity of the ladder, on 16 December 2016 I reset -Kyrgyz-'s ladder points while we sought an explanation from him. No explanation was forthcoming.

Less apparent at the time was that || KG Hero^| belonging to the duplicate Revora account of -KyRGyz-, had pushed Ghost_, another account of Ghost17410 with 14 non competitive games. From that, there appears to be some reciprocal arrangement between -KyRGyz- and Ghost17410.

I should add here that there were also 8 consecutive games between Bomberman30 and || KG Hero^| at around that time. Bomberman30 has played very many competitive games during the season and I am prepared to treat those games of something of an aberration. He should take a warning from this though, that if he plays games like that in future, he may very well be accused of point push. As it is, he does not play any other part in this story and therefore any accusation against him arising out of this episode is dismissed.

As regards penalties and the way the other offences should be treated, I have no option but to ban the -El account as a duplicate. Duplicates are not allowed on Revora. If Eleman wants to recover any of the nick names and stats on that account, he should contact me and I will most likely do that for him on this occasion, although I will reset any ladder stats first.

In addition, Eleman will be ladder banned for this month and for the month of January 2017. He should apply to me at the end of that time to have the ban lifted.

For his lesser part in this episode, I have reset Ghost17410's ladder stats.

I should add that, I will not be treating these incidents as the kind of incident that give rise to a cheat conviction on Gamereplays. However, if there are further incidents involving these players, the penalties will be much more severe and they will most likely be treated as cheating for that purpose.

-El Banned as a duplicate account.
Eleman Ladder banned until the end of the January 2017 season.
Ghost17410 Ghost_ account ladder reset.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users