MO3.3 SUPPORT // Game or Client Crashes & Launch Issues Megathread

• Please log in to reply
1425 replies to this topic

#1221 CidSilverwing

CidSilverwing
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:59 PM

I had to recently reinstall my Origin copies of RA2/Yuri's and Mental Omega because gamemd.exe didn't exist and even when I renamed both the Yuri .exe's Syringe kept giving me a parameter error of sorts.

Now I get these errors when I run the .exes:

clientdx.exe:

Fullscreens, error says: Mental Omega Client has crashed. Error message:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II\Resources\clienticon.ico

If I run clientogl.exe:

No application, error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index.

If I run clientxna.exe:

No application, error: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game,Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Solved, user error.

Edited by CidSilverwing, 27 June 2019 - 07:17 PM.

#1222 Orklord123

Orklord123
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 05:50 AM

Does anyone know how to fix my problem?

#1223 Rozieeeee

Rozieeeee
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:33 PM

Hello. I have this problem that whenever i press esc to access buttons like abort mission,save game,etc.  The display is still at the game, it is like it freezes the game interface  BUT you can hear the buttons whenever you click on their supposed position AND they respond to their according function.

#1224 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:09 PM

Change your game's renderer in the client's option. Common newer windows' bug

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1225 Azaz3l

Azaz3l
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:57 PM

Hello, I'm unable to start any of the Skirmish or Campaign games, whenever I start the game I get a "Yuri's revenge has encountered a fatal error" and the game seems to crash with the same log every time -

About to call gethostbyname
gethostbyname failed! Error code 11001

I tried setting compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 and running as administrator but no luck.

Here's the full log:
Spoiler

Edited by Azaz3l, 19 August 2019 - 10:58 PM.

#1226 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:39 PM

It's not a crash, or anything, my PC just simply died, and I have to collect everything again. Could somebody send me a download link to the game (torrent perhaps), which is running on W10? I had problems with the previous version too, but it ran on my PC...now it doesn't even finish the installing process...

#1227 SirMark9

SirMark9
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:57 AM

I have the Retail CDs, am trying to install on Windows 10, and have been following instructions for installation from the following links...
https://cncnz.com/fe...er-red-alert-2/

https://cncnz.com/fe...-yuris-revenge/

http://mentalomega.c...hp?page=install

However, it seems like I'm completely screwed for Mental Omega as I cannot use the XWIS workaround as it is incompatible with ARES. Specifically, I don't have the right gamemd.exe file as I have the gamemd-spawn.exe version.

As for the error itself, when attempting to launch a Skirmish or a Campaign Map, the standard error message will say "Could not load executable. // The system could not find the file specified." //  Attempting to simply rename the file results in a different error saying something along the lines to simply reinstall Yuri's Revenge. This is expected because the file itself was already incompatible.

- - - - - - - - - -

I can play Yuri's Revenge with the CnCNet client just fine, and can also play Yuri's Revenge single-player just fine (after moving the single-player files from the disks over). As an aside, I have two separate copies of Yuri's Revenge, one for CnCNet and one for Mental Omega. They are both identical, save the Mental Omega variant having all the MO stuff in it.

So, is there any solution to this or I just simply can't play MO with my old Retail CDs and modern operating system?

Edited by SirMark9, 13 September 2019 - 01:01 AM.

#1228 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:04 AM

SirMark9 gamemd-spawn.exe makes it sound like you have some ancient CnCNet version that still did the file renaming and thus has replaced you original gamemd.exe with the one that made multiplayer spawns possible. Reinstall, get that original file back, patch it to 1.001 and you should be fine. It says it couldn't load the executable because there's probably no file named gamemd.exe in the directory and even if it's there, it's the wrong version.

And just in case, don't install MO where your YR with its own CnCNet files is.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#1229 meganadz

meganadz
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:27 AM

Can anyone, help me with this problem?

Mental-Pmega.jpg

#1230 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:30 AM

meganadz Try getting the patch files manually: https://www.moddb.co...h-manual-update

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#1231 meganadz

meganadz
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:35 AM

Thank you boss, After i download it what will i do next?

meganadz Try getting the patch files manually: https://www.moddb.co...h-manual-updateou 

#1232 SirMark9

SirMark9
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

SirMark9 gamemd-spawn.exe makes it sound like you have some ancient CnCNet version that still did the file renaming and thus has replaced you original gamemd.exe with the one that made multiplayer spawns possible. Reinstall, get that original file back, patch it to 1.001 and you should be fine. It says it couldn't load the executable because there's probably no file named gamemd.exe in the directory and even if it's there, it's the wrong version.

And just in case, don't install MO where your YR with its own CnCNet files is.

The main issue with my installation is that I cannot install with my Retail CDs, as the installer does not work with Windows 10. So, I had to download the XWIS multiplayer files (from here) and then manually copy over from files from the disks. I would dust off my old 2004 Dell PC that has Windows XP to try and install there and just copy the files over, but that computer is missing a monitor cable...

I have already read that the XWIS Multiplayer version is not compatible with MO 3.3, so I'm trying to find a workaround. From my point of view, it seems like I'm just missing the proper gamemd.exe file as I have everything else.

I have tried a new installation without CnCNet, and now I simply do not have a gamemd.exe file at all. If one wants an image of the "clean XWIS installation" without CnCNet or Mental Omega, it is below for convenience.

Since I don't have access to a "proper clean install," I'm guessing I won't be able to play the mod.

Vxfhoji.png

EDIT: I have received assistance elsewhere and am now running Mental Omega. My issue is now closed. Thanks for the assistance!

Edited by SirMark9, 13 September 2019 - 08:37 PM.

#1233 Verlock

Verlock
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:41 AM

hey i don't know what causes this problem but when i press start game from a lobby ( skirmish or multiplayer ) and mental omega minimize to open Yuri's revenge it takes too long to open the game client. my brother and i downloaded it together but he doesn't have this problem. i take too long that sometimes if he loads too fast early the game kicks me out. 

Edit: now i take a very long time that i cant join anything !!!!!!  PLZ help !!!

off topic: is there a way to launch mental omega without cnc.net ? like we open the normal red alert games ? i downloaded mental omega on the Yuri's revenge copy that i installed the cnc.net client in. so im asking if i can open the game without the online client.

Edited by Verlock, 19 September 2019 - 12:10 PM.

#1234 Foxtrot731

Foxtrot731
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

I'm getting an error stating i had too many retries on downloaading expandmo99.mix even though I just barely even started updating the client. How can I solve this?

#1235 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:27 PM

@Foxtrot731

meganadz Try getting the patch files manually: https://www.moddb.co...h-manual-update

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#1236 Vaultaire

Vaultaire
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:11 PM

Hey y'all. So I got this on my laptop (Win 10) and the game is laggy as hell, doesn't even open the pause menu. I've read that I need to change renderer, but I've tried them all and only the TS-DDRAW helped a bit, but it is still not really responsive as on the pause menu I can't click some buttons at all and same goes for quite many buildings and units because idk. Diagnose me pls.

#1237 flack

flack
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:29 PM

Hey y'all. So I got this on my laptop (Win 10) and the game is laggy as hell, doesn't even open the pause menu. I've read that I need to change renderer, but I've tried them all and only the TS-DDRAW helped a bit, but it is still not really responsive as on the pause menu I can't click some buttons at all and same goes for quite many buildings and units because idk. Diagnose me pls.

What laptop are you using? I used a gaming laptop before and I turned xbox recording off it worked out fine. Maybe some program is running in the background when your game is running.

#1238 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:55 PM

It's not a crash, or anything, my PC just simply died, and I have to collect everything again. Could somebody send me a download link to the game (torrent perhaps), which is running on W10? I had problems with the previous version too, but it ran on my PC...now it doesn't even finish the installing process...

Thanks for the replying. Oh wait....

#1239 Zoombek

Zoombek
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:05 AM

i made a linux iso wich allows you to play mental omega, just boot and play, no install needed. anyone wants to test?

Can you send me a link please?

#1240 Vaultaire

Vaultaire
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:18 PM

What laptop are you using? I used a gaming laptop before and I turned xbox recording off it worked out fine. Maybe some program is running in the background when your game is running.

Erm... It's not a gaming laptop, but I can assure programs are not stalling the game.

Also, tried turning on the back buffer, which helped, but the speed does not compare to my old win 7 PC where the game runs perfectly (minus the frequent exit to desktop or the occasional game crash(heeeeey, anybody got a fix for that? :D ))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users