MO3.3 SUPPORT // Game or Client Crashes & Launch Issues Megathread

• Please log in to reply
1425 replies to this topic

#1241 Bobbo

Bobbo
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:15 PM

When I hit "Launch Game" in Skirmish, the game executable pops up and gives the following error message: "This version of Yuri's Revenge only supports online play using CnCNet 5 (www.cncnet.org)"

This error did not occur before and I am not aware of any changes that were made to the system.

What should I do?

Edited by Bobbo, 23 December 2019 - 05:17 PM.

#1242 justadudeman1213

justadudeman1213
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:20 PM

I recently installed RA2/YR, and mental omega on my modern mid spec (GTX1060 and i5 7600K) with win10 OS

The game is playable but having menu UI graphic glitch,especially when using in-game pause menu which only three button shown

All i tried known solution were

Font size 100%,using compatibility on XP version, and used every renderer possible in client options

How could i fix these?

I could be sure this is mainly RA2/YR issue for some pc as well cos this were really uncommon issue and that i running out of option to fix this.

#1243 lazybagel

lazybagel
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:45 PM

Guys can anyone help me with the map editor? all the units and buildings from foehn and epsilon are missing??? I have no idea what to do but apparently you can make use of the map editor

#1244 caio2211

caio2211
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:24 PM

Hi there.

Game opens and runs properly, but, I can't have the soundtracks during the game. I downloaded Thememo.mix file and copied it into the Mental Omega directory. Playlist is empty.

Any ideas about this problem?

#1245 givemeEXP

givemeEXP
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:00 AM

i cant play any of the campaign after i tried some allied campaign(that time it works), when i proceed to psycorps campaign this error occur(could not run executabe.the requested operation requires elevation) occur. then i tried to open any other campaign the same things happen.

problem solved, im an idiot for not realizing the problem

Edited by givemeEXP, 08 February 2020 - 04:03 PM.

#1246 new conscripts

new conscripts
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:38 PM

hi, my client work fine but when i start a skirmish ( offline) there is no HUD display, i also try to use ESC but that just black screen the game ( yuri program, the client work 100% fine)

gamemd, MO client, and syringe is all in admin mode.

use 3.3.0

Annotation 2020-02-12 203607.png

#1247 Youffie

Youffie
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:09 AM

Hey there, does anyone know what is happening to me.
Everytime I want to play LAN with my friend, he connect to my game and after locking the game, when I press start game I get this message and it doesn't let me play.

"Unable to launch game player "name" hasn't been verified !

#1248 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:30 AM

hi, my client work fine but when i start a skirmish ( offline) there is no HUD display, i also try to use ESC but that just black screen the game ( yuri program, the client work 100% fine)

gamemd, MO client, and syringe is all in admin mode

it seems your resolution (or its' aspect ratio isn't supported. Might want to lower it down. As for the black screen, try using DDrawCompat renderer in the client settings

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1249 lance_Westwood

lance_Westwood
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:29 AM

Having issues with playing campaign/skirmish, this is my syringe log.

Whenever I try to start a campaign mission, all I get is a black screen before being booted back to the Main Menu. No error prompts as well.

I used to be able to play this game but it started lagging. Went to restart my com and the next thing I know, I've been facing this error since.

Yes, I am using the origin version of the base game (latest version - 1.0.0.1) and I've set the program to run in administrator mode. 

Spoiler

Edited by Speeder, 03 April 2020 - 05:57 AM.

#1250 TDM

TDM
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 04:22 PM

Hi there,

I've been playing mental omega without problems for months but right after a windows update today it doesn't seem to launch anymore. Menu works fine but when starting a game i end up in the menu again without a message or anything. After looking at Syringe.log i googled the error codes and it seemed connected to using screen capture software. I'm not using anything like that (that i know of). What could be wrong here? Contents of the log were added below.

Running this on windows 10 Home.

Spoiler

Edit: for reasons unclear it seems to have worked itself out, game works again!

Edited by TDM, 01 March 2020 - 07:12 PM.

#1251 thewaywardgeek88

thewaywardgeek88
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 08:08 AM

To anyone who is having an issue with Renderers, especially on Win10 v1803 64-bit, found a solution! Used CnC DDraw from here:

https://github.com/C...-ddraw/releases

And replaced any renderers under Resources, in my case, I replaced TS-DDraw-2 , which is ddraw2.dll and ddraw2.ini respectively, under Resources Folder inside RA2YR Installation Folder.

In any case hopefully @Speeder integrates this renderer to later patches for better compatibility IMO.

Edited by thewaywardgeek88, 14 March 2020 - 08:09 AM.

#1252 silentshocker

silentshocker
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 12:22 AM

Hello!

I have an old PC, runs windows XP, and it is our most stable CPU for Mental Omega. At least, until today.

It is a DELL Dimension DIME521 AMD. Just today, I started up the client. I got as far as the beautiful loading page of Libra staring down the Thor Gunship, when everything spontaneously closed, and I got the following error message:

Mental omega has crashed. Error message:

Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: WindowsGameForm.

If this error is repeatable, contact the MO staff at mentalomega.com/forum.

Hopefully, this is something we can diagnose. This game is a favorite in my family, and we look forward to being able to play together when able to fix the issue.

Thanks!

#1253 silentshocker

silentshocker
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 11:38 PM

Oops... Follow-up. I found the error log file, but I wasn't able to decipher it. Here it is. Hopefully, you can figure out what is going on.

Spoiler

Edited by silentshocker, 21 March 2020 - 11:42 PM.

#1254 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:24 AM

Admin rights maybe?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1255 egmeek

egmeek
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:22 AM

I can't start a skirmish or campaign from the MO client. Whenever I try, it takes me back to the MO client immediately.

I can find the following errors in syringe.log,

[18:16:41] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::Run("-SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN");

[18:16:41] SyringeDebugger::Run: Running process to debug. cmd = "gamemd.exe -SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN"
[18:16:41] SyringeDebugger::Run: Allocating 0x584 bytes...
[18:16:41] SyringeDebugger::Run: pAlloc = 0x00340000
[18:16:41] SyringeDebugger::Run: Writing DLL loader & caller code...
[18:16:41] SyringeDebugger::Run: pcLoadLibrary = 0x00340000
[18:16:41] SyringeDebugger::Run: Entering debug loop...
[18:16:41] SyringeDebugger::HandleException: Exception (Code: 0xC0000005 at 0x94F9A0DF)!
[18:16:41]     The process tried to write to 0x00D781B8.

[18:16:41] Registers:
[18:16:41]     EAX = 0x006BC0DC    ECX = 0x00000005    EDX = 0x00397008
[18:16:41]     EBX = 0x00000000    ESP = 0x0033F91C    EBP = 0x0033FA68
[18:16:41]     ESI = 0x00390000    EDI = 0x0033FA38    EIP = 0x94F9A0DF

Any ideas what that might be about? Although I know it's about an access violation, I've got no idea about what might be wrong from the address 0x94F9A0DF.

#1256 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Projects:Ares, Arda, ...
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:55 PM

Can you post the full syringe.log in spoiler tags? I have a hunch, but I'd like to confirm.

#1257 MCFLYYY

MCFLYYY
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:57 PM

I have never had this game crash in the months I've played it. I pretty much only play online skirmish against the AI with a buddy.

We started playing through the Challenge Hard missions a week ago - I've had the game crash after an hour plus in back-to-back attempts when trying to beat the Firestorm Challenge. Only time the game has ever crashed for me. Is there anything specific about this mission, or why it would cause my game to crash?

#1258 egmeek

egmeek
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 01:41 AM

Can you post the full syringe.log in spoiler tags? I have a hunch, but I'd like to confirm.

OK, here is the full contents of syringe.log. The time in this log is different since I tried another time after the last post, but the log contents are pretty the same.

Spoiler

#1259 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:47 AM

I have never had this game crash in the months I've played it. I pretty much only play online skirmish against the AI with a buddy.

We started playing through the Challenge Hard missions a week ago - I've had the game crash after an hour plus in back-to-back attempts when trying to beat the Firestorm Challenge. Only time the game has ever crashed for me. Is there anything specific about this mission, or why it would cause my game to crash?

Yeah, actually I've also got crashes in Firestorm a few times, usually after I've finished 1 or 2 AI opponents.

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 03 April 2020 - 05:48 AM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#1260 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Projects:Ares, Arda, ...
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:09 PM

OK, here is the full contents of syringe.log. The time in this log is different since I tried another time after the last post, but the log contents are pretty the same.

Alas, that seems to be the CnCNet dll issue again. I haven't followed development, but I don't think there is a fix at the moment. Sorry :/

Yeah, actually I've also got crashes in Firestorm a few times, usually after I've finished 1 or 2 AI opponents.

If you do have an except.txt in your debug folder (and a subfolder named after the time of the crash), I could take a look.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users