2298 replies to this topic

#1381 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:43 AM

Assuming that Warranty Void is indeed the first cameo appearance of Libra in the campaign (it's more of a hidden secret), does that mean Libra may have originated from China?

I swear there was this crackpot theory that Libra and Yunru are sisters. But there's no real way to confirm this. It's just suspicious that Yuri abducted a Chinese girl of all people to be his daughter, while we know a different Chinese girl is a commando in the story.

Edited by Tathmesh, 20 December 2017 - 01:44 AM.

#1382 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:27 AM

EDIT: me not checking wiki again.

It's hard to say about that though.

Edited by Flandre, 20 December 2017 - 02:31 AM.

3qPyjQ8.png

#1383 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:46 AM

There was once an early, pre-Act2 theory that Yunru was Libra. :V

#1384 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

Assuming that Warranty Void is indeed the first cameo appearance of Libra in the campaign (it's more of a hidden secret), does that mean Libra may have originated from China?

I swear there was this crackpot theory that Libra and Yunru are sisters. But there's no real way to confirm this. It's just suspicious that Yuri abducted a Chinese girl of all people to be his daughter, while we know a different Chinese girl is a commando in the story.

What if Libra and Yunru ARE sisters?! :o That would be insane for sure, each sister fighting for the opposite side.

#1385 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

There was once an early, pre-Act2 theory that Yunru was Libra. :V

That was Loval's idea as well

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1386 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

What if libra is just another one of Yuri's experiments?

#1387 jimyouming

jimyouming
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

On the Allied Act two mission Relentless, I think it need to adjust about the initial paratroop force route, it is too close to the right side Eplison air defense. Those air defense will shoot down the transport plane before it drop the paratroop force. 

#1388 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:29 PM

How about a single-player challenge (or coop) mode which grants one player MCVs from two factions?

More and more guys on the battlenet are trying to beat superweapon challenge on hard without any special strategy.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1389 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

4_plus_1.jpg

so on the Mental Omega website there are 4 Foehn Origin missions listed but speeder also teased a 5th mission called blood rage on twitter, is the site not updated or the 5th won't be in the next patch like the rest ?

Edited by StolenTech, 11 January 2018 - 11:48 PM.

#1390 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

Probably not updated the site yet.

Edit: Look at the other box. It's an Epsilon Covert Ops.

Edited by Solais, 11 January 2018 - 11:55 PM.

#1391 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:01 AM

OH wow.

#1392 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

Ah. Guess we should have expected not having a base with 4 Iron Guards, since they would have made a defense fairly easy. And on the other points, Yuri had to learn somewhere about the proto-Foehn research center in Kashmir.

Other question then: If the name is anything to go by, who here think that mission could introduce the Rage Inductor?

#1393 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:39 AM

we already had it in Divergence,dance of BLOOD, and Obsidian sands.

but I'm having a feeling it will be a scorpion cell mission, perhaps going deeper with Rashidi's treachery.

#1394 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:43 AM

Ah. Guess we should have expected not having a base with 4 Iron Guards, since they would have made a defense fairly easy. And on the other points, Yuri had to learn somewhere about the proto-Foehn research center in Kashmir.

Other question then: If the name is anything to go by, who here think that mission could introduce the Rage Inductor?

That would be before Divergence then

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1395 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

Dang, sorry for that, I guess I don't remember Epsilon campaign half as good as I thought. Guess it means doing it again. The idea that would be Scorpion Cell would probably mean collaboration with this proto-Foehn base, so I'm not sure it will happen that way. That said, deeper digging in this direction is something that I find interesting, but will it happen there?

#1396 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

Hmm. Did I just cause Volkov to get kidnapped?

This_is_how_Volkov_got_capured.png

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#1397 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

Challenge about the Heavy Object, i tried it as Pacific Front on easy with Russian hard AI as comrade. I found two odd things

1) Friendly AI cease to build units past 2 hour mark (Yes, the battle took me 3 hours) so the last hour was just me fighting everyone on the map with barracuda spam and rocketeer blobs

WOLQJb1.png

Can AI... run out resources ? I dont recall that happening like ever in actual skirmish, but i might not see it since the time i siege their base, they usually have +100k resources in stocks if i get a spy in their eco support building, so the game doesn't last long enough for them to run dry.

It build some flak troopers, few tigers and engineers but no attack force, it had resources for repairs though, but if they can run out of resources, they had only one oil derrick and one miner who i had to protect with rocketeers.

I also kinda felt shitty that i capped all the oil derricks for myself except one i forgot.

So i was running the show while AI atleast was a good bait for those annoying offensive support powers.

By the time AI ceased to help me, i already demolished Last Bastion's base so the boidmachine was out of action.

2) Death blob

Once i smashed Bastions and US base, they sold their bases and moved all their units to a circle in their main fortress. I didnt noticed it until it was like 100-200 units strong blob and the framerate has gone to shit when they started to move.

I was like: " Game over man ! "

They have destroyed 2 bases along their way, one where one Bastion HQ stood (I used that one to make mass barracudas, which won the match for me) that had solid defences and alot of units. Then they demolished my foward outpost at the right, bottom where's a tech expansion. That had some units and defences too.

Then, the remaining units moved to our main base

wxCUXGV.png

Ramwagons, Archelons, Seitaads, Knightframes, Lancers, GI's, Siegfried. Destroyed half of my base and took 50% HP of my MCV before, their ignorance to base defences was their undoing. 

I had no units since everyone died in the fight beforehand, but i was building Guardian GI's, Kappas and defences as much as i could since... 206 327 credits in reserve. So i did replenished and manned my base before i rebuild everything.

I won the map after that, i reclaimed the Bastion's base, build atleast 30 barracudas and then just tore the base apart. Since i blow up their nuclear reactors already, Epsilon's base was out of juice and only gattling tanks, archers and one grumble remained as a threat.

Ground combat was out of question since tech defences seems to be capable of firing even if power is out. So i just used Barracudas to bomb everything. Then enemies sold everything, unloaded every bunker and gathered everything, smashed through my forward base the second time (But this time i atleast saved some of my units by ordering them to retreat) and they raced to my main base but they failed as i had bolstered my defences and AI build alot of defences at the entrance as well

I cannot imagine this challenge on normal or hard jesus christ ! But i must say someone had to put alot of effort in this one   :thumbsupcool: .

#1398 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

Challenge about the Heavy Object, i tried it as Pacific Front on easy with Russian hard AI as comrade. I found two odd things

1) Friendly AI cease to build units past 2 hour mark (Yes, the battle took me 3 hours) so the last hour was just me fighting everyone on the map with barracuda spam and rocketeer blobs

WOLQJb1.png

Can AI... run out resources ? I dont recall that happening like ever in actual skirmish, but i might not see it since the time i siege their base, they usually have +100k resources in stocks if i get a spy in their eco support building, so the game doesn't last long enough for them to run dry.

It build some flak troopers, few tigers and engineers but no attack force, it had resources for repairs though, but if they can run out of resources, they had only one oil derrick and one miner who i had to protect with rocketeers.

I also kinda felt shitty that i capped all the oil derricks for myself except one i forgot.

So i was running the show while AI atleast was a good bait for those annoying offensive support powers.

By the time AI ceased to help me, i already demolished Last Bastion's base so the boidmachine was out of action.

2) Death blob

Once i smashed Bastions and US base, they sold their bases and moved all their units to a circle in their main fortress. I didnt noticed it until it was like 100-200 units strong blob and the framerate has gone to shit when they started to move.

I was like: " Game over man ! "

They have destroyed 2 bases along their way, one where one Bastion HQ stood (I used that one to make mass barracudas, which won the match for me) that had solid defences and alot of units. Then they demolished my foward outpost at the right, bottom where's a tech expansion. That had some units and defences too.

Then, the remaining units moved to our main base

wxCUXGV.png

Ramwagons, Archelons, Seitaads, Knightframes, Lancers, GI's, Siegfried. Destroyed half of my base and took 50% HP of my MCV before, their ignorance to base defences was their undoing. 

I had no units since everyone died in the fight beforehand, but i was building Guardian GI's, Kappas and defences as much as i could since... 206 327 credits in reserve. So i did replenished and manned my base before i rebuild everything.

I won the map after that, i reclaimed the Bastion's base, build atleast 30 barracudas and then just tore the base apart. Since i blow up their nuclear reactors already, Epsilon's base was out of juice and only gattling tanks, archers and one grumble remained as a threat.

Ground combat was out of question since tech defences seems to be capable of firing even if power is out. So i just used Barracudas to bomb everything. Then enemies sold everything, unloaded every bunker and gathered everything, smashed through my forward base the second time (But this time i atleast saved some of my units by ordering them to retreat) and they raced to my main base but they failed as i had bolstered my defences and AI build alot of defences at the entrance as well

I cannot imagine this challenge on normal or hard jesus christ ! But i must say someone had to put alot of effort in this one   :thumbsupcool: .

First of all congratulations for choosing one of the hardest factions for this challenge. :D

For beginners I recommend RU for this challenge. Wolfhounds are excellent area-denial weapons which can block almost all kinds of attacks. Pick out the turrets and Grumbles one by one with a squad of Scud Launchers, then storm the hostile bases with whatever you like. Since there's a foehn enemy, funds is no longer a limit, and you get Iron Dragons fairly easily

Other good options are SC and HQ for their basilisk spam after removing Grumbles with drillers, or doing it the hard way with salamanders (which can withstand 3-4 Grumble missiles).

For fun, pick Haihead. Finalize siblings can tank the Eiffel Tower and two Steinstech Towers AT THE SAME TIME.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1399 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

H..h.hardest ? 

And i thought the long range firepower of PF will be good in this scenario. Guess that explains alot, they kinda have crappy tanks and it explains the massive losses when i fought the death blob

But hey, atleast i learned alot about its units. It was like the most brutal tutorial i had to go through.

I shall try it again with Scorpion or USSR . Thanks for the tips.

Edit post experience:

So, its way easier as Russia, i think i managed to almost complete it around 2 hours and i believe i could do it even more quickly if i wouldnt mess around.

q45u0lS.png

I captured Foehns base and their tech and i could build Iron Dragons, and oh boy.... something doesnt feel right about this unit. 4 of them can pretty much insta kill entire squad of apocalypse tanks, any infantry except Cyborg commando 

Almost is the main word, i play without the short game on, so mopped the entire map off enemy forces and yet two factions were still in play, i couldnt find any unit that prevented their defeat. And it seems that all of their units charged my base once i demolished their main

AI could still use its annoying offensive support powers (Despite having no tech structures capable of that) spawning bloat ticks to my infantry squads and instakilling them, paratroops, random Iron Dragoon spawning, sometimes also Future tanks spawn out of nowhere. Also for some reason the US base had access to power despite i couldnt find even a single powerplant. This all started to smell funky since i remember as Pacific their powers ceased one by one and US base could be blackouted eventually.

So i decided to stop wasting my time, i won... practically.

Edited by mrvecz, 14 January 2018 - 02:45 PM.

#1400 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

Two factions that works best in the combination on this map are China and... Scorpion Cell. Reasons?
1. EMP Tech. Useful for stopping most of enemy attack waves.
2. Iron Dragon tech steal makes defense/attack even easier
3. Hijackers can capture most of stolen techs on the field, esspecialy those that come in attack waves to you.
4. Salamander tech steal because they are godlike and can deal with msot of units on their own (just watch out for grumbles)
5. Tyrants can go all the way to the top right to destroy the Nuke Reactors, which can put some of AIs on low power - also removes other boons.
6. Iron Curtained Enraged Tyrants. Because normal way of killing bases is just too boring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users