2298 replies to this topic

#1461 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:59 PM

This is one of the most elaborate MO missions I've seen.

Yunru screwing around with the minimap adds an interesting bit of immersion.

The multiple stages and paradrops attacks gives the sense of pushing towards an objective against a superior enemy.

For a second there, I thought Libra's repressed psychic power was going to MIDAS everything at the end. 

One question, I thought this mission showed Rashidi's ties to Foehn. I don't think I saw anything though. Maybe it was in the Foehn base somewhere, hidden in one of the corners. 

#1462 Nicholas Chau

Nicholas Chau
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:23 AM

This is one of the most elaborate MO missions I've seen.

Yunru screwing around with the minimap adds an interesting bit of immersion.

The multiple stages and paradrops attacks gives the sense of pushing towards an objective against a superior enemy.

For a second there, I thought Libra's repressed psychic power was going to MIDAS everything at the end. 

One question, I thought this mission showed Rashidi's ties to Foehn. I don't think I saw anything though. Maybe it was in the Foehn base somewhere, hidden in one of the corners. 

Lol i also thought the same thing when libra's restraining bolt went haywire and libra suddenly had a meltdown literally.

But just to be 100 percent sure though, does machinehead  take place before obsidian sands or is it the other way around?

#1463 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:27 AM

It's before Obsidian Sands

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1464 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:34 AM

Yunru LIVES!- *coughs*

Okay, how many people were praying that she faked that? I do for some reason as those Tunnels weren't just there for a reason.

And lastly that final scene lol

3qPyjQ8.png

#1465 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:54 AM

The final scene reminds me of Lovalmidas' early art

Spoiler

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1466 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega APYR Wiki
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:20 AM

What a surprise in the end of Machinehead. To think that Libra can be defeated with a simple Immobilizer.

I believe that Yunru's Immobilizer tampers with Libra's Cerebral Amplifier/Suppressor, causing the latter's powers to go out of control and what we saw is the result.

#1467 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:25 AM

One thing to add on the last scene is a view from outerspace of Earth exploding or something all-dramatic

#1468 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:38 AM

What a surprise in the end of Machinehead. To think that Libra can be defeated with a simple Immobilizer.

I believe that Yunru's Immobilizer tampers with Libra's Cerebral Amplifier/Suppressor, causing the latter's powers to go out of control and what we saw is the result.

I do consider she did it that. 

3qPyjQ8.png

#1469 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:27 AM

I think everyone knew that Yunru survived ToD, but Machinehead was sure a surprise, I was afraid that she might not survive it, that it was set after -that-, but fortunately it was set before that.

#1470 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:45 AM

I suppose Nobody Home takes place immediately after Machinehead.

#1471 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:41 PM

Seems like we never get to see proto-Mastodons and Gharials in action. IIRC in Machinehead's playthrough they were just siting ducks waiting to be destroyed.

#1472 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

Speeder only likes them to be on display case :(

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1473 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:31 PM

That's a bit dissapointing that that mighty Centurion never actually had a chance to fully display its capabilities. Epic unit, which didn't impact war significantly, built only to be destroyed. :p

#1474 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:33 PM

When Libra got EMP'd at the end of Machinehead, I seriously expected some MIDAS-tier destruction. Not only it didn't happen, but the Proto-Knightframes that walked into the literal shitstorm she created didn't even vaporize. That begs the question tho, how she avoided capture?

Also, imagine if Libra did that every time she got EMP'd in skirmish matches.

I also love how the music stopped in the moment she got EMP'd, all it was missing is this sound effect 

(jk).

Edited by Divine, 09 March 2018 - 03:40 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#1475 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

Libra's safety locks must be of crappy construction.

If random dragonfly (Or even EMP logicically should do that) hits her at any point she should go full mental.

At this point, i would suggest Yuri to train his Proselyte in combat psychic abilities, since he/she wont melt down and kill everybody around him.

I am pretty sure that Proselytes posses basic psychic abilities so it shouldnt be that hard for Yuri.

And to analyze Libra's weakness, i am really, really surprised that Yunru didnt zapped her in middle of the Chinese base, let her have a meltdown and kill her.

But on other hand, i think Yunru knows her weakness and she wanted to piss Yuri off as much as she could and such she zapped her at the last moment and then she escaped, laughing along the way.

Libra's is a liability, she could have snipped Yunru first and then kill the conscripts who were...standing still for no reason.

How the hell did Libra survived ? She should have been gunned down by those Knightsframes... or the rest of the Chinese military that were still on their way. Epsilon must have teleportation tech or something

Edited by mrvecz, 09 March 2018 - 05:22 PM.

#1476 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:35 PM

Maybe the Blood Rage mission explains all that.

#1477 JustJoking

JustJoking
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:52 PM

Surprised at Yunru's attitude through the mission. You would think she would feel bad for killing hundreds of people, but she's all sassy towards the proselyte, and taunts him numerous times. I love how even Yuri got pissed off and deployed Libra. Also, like in Thread of Dread, there is no Mission Accomplished screen. Yunru: 2 - Proselyte and Soviet General: 0

#1478 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:58 PM

I think the EMP effect was a hack that turned up Libra's suppressor until she couldn't harm Yunru.

Libra tries to resist the suppressor by forcing out her power, causing the huge maelstrom. Maybe it killed the conscriptframes but couldn't hurt Yurnu.

#1479 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:59 PM

Surprised at Yunru's attitude through the mission. You would think she would feel bad for killing hundreds of people, but she's all sassy towards the proselyte, and taunts him numerous times. I love how even Yuri got pissed off and deployed Libra. Also, like in Thread of Dread, there is no Mission Accomplished screen. Yunru: 2 - Proselyte and Soviet General: 0

Indeed, taunting all the while her men got massacred is very much out of her character, unless her plan was exactly to piss off Yuri, and force his hand.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#1480 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

Indeed, taunting all the while her men got massacred is very much out of her character, unless her plan was exactly to piss off Yuri, and force his hand.

Yunru's character is mostly sass. She acts like how a stereotypical rebellious teenage girl would.

Also she's massacring epsilon forces. It's kinda hard to feel sympathy for them when Yuri has committed more war crimes than he has clones in his army.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users