Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#1081 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

since 3.3.0

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1082 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

Speeder just confirmed Cryocopter tweaks in 3.3.2

wp

#1083 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

Soon, an ice age will be coming. Ahahahahahahahahaha cough cough cough *choking on ice intensifies*

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#1084 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  •  Just a warmongering peacekeeper...

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:55 AM

Waiting for the day where the CyroLegionnaire from RA3 will become PF's exclusive T3 infantry :p

Don't mind me, I'm just pretty broke nowadays...

Spoiler

#1085 Gameman112358

Gameman112358
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:54 AM

Glad to hear that the Cryocopter will be getting some buffs; quite frankly, they need a few adjustments, but nothing crazy. Making them faster, having them freeze targets sooner, and making sure the target stays frozen for a long period of time will already make them much better than they are now. I don't think most people even manage to get to the final stage of the freezing debuff because it takes so long to get it, and the Cryocopter will be shot out of the air before it even happens.

Not really sure if there's a place for the Cryo Legionnaire in the PF; while I do think they need a little more emphasis on their cryo technology in terms of supporting their forces (kinda surprised Cryofield was removed in 3.3.; was it overused? Or was it really bad and unbalanced?), Cryo Legionnaires would not have much of a place in the PF arsenal, not mentioning the balance problems (The devs overnerfed the Cryocopter, and that thing could only target one unit at a time; Cryo Legionnaires have a massive AoE attack, something that I imagine would run into balance problems similar to what Eureka's going through now).

I would be happy though to have Cryo Commandos make a comeback as a producible unit, with some adjustments to make them suitable for mass production. Rename them, make them a T3 infantry unit, let them target aircraft, like Skyray Cannons, since PF kinda lacks a T3 AA unit similar to the likes of the Aeroblaze/Sentinel/Etc. (unless the Blizzard Tank got a buff to its AA attack). Increase their weapon's effectiveness against vehicles, maybe also make their Cryo Cannons insta-debuff units, hitting them with I'd say a ~20%-25% armor and speed debuff. In return though, they no longer have their Chrono packs. Never really liked the Chrono aspect of the Cryo Commandos; I find that it makes them come off as being a poor man's Chrono Legionnaire, since the Chrono Legionnaire's weapon completely erases buildings and units alike, while the Cryo Legionnaire's weapon killed mostly infantry and not much else. Basically turn the Cryo Commando into a frontline support attacker that you'd use to support a PF push, while also being able to do some good damage on their own. 

#1086 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

kinda surprised Cryofield was removed in 3.3.; was it overused? Or was it really bad and unbalanced?

Hummingbird does the same, while being available more often and for all subfactions. No point of keeping Cryofield.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#1087 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, Hummingbird basically does Cryofield's thing now.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#1088 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:06 PM

Is it me or do the hunter seekers look familiar to the dune 2000 bombers?

#1089 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

More like those Empire drones from RA3

#1090 Dawbra

Dawbra
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

why is even cyrocopter why not to take chrono legionare weapon and put it to the chopper instead?

#1091 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:55 AM

gib non-foehn option so we can do random without ugly aliens thx

#1092 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:56 AM

Gib Jackel Clearvoient combo so people don't get all their money stolen 4 mins into the game thx 

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#1093 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:51 PM

So, after playing more with Soviets recently, my point about 3.3.1's Foxtrots stands still. They are pretty much an air version of Conscripts: you use them at tier 1, but tier 2 and onwards they are pretty much trash. Damage nerf was a right thing to do, but nerfing their accuracy utterly killed them. They can weaken or stop early T1 rushes and can be pretty annoying at early game if used properly and enemy doesn't have AA units and strictures, but later on they become irrelevant.

Due to this accuracy nerf sniping certain units (heroes, SEALs, Ivans, etc) now relies purely on luck. For example I ordered four Foxtrots to kill ONE Navy SEAL, but only the fourth one could finally finish him off. If you want to stop big infantry armies with them, you need to spam the hell out of them, which is a waste of money of time because why I would waste resources on planes that heavily rely on randomness and luck while I can go for Dustdevils + ground units?

So I have a suggestion how to make them better WITHOUT making them a pain like they were in 3.3.0. I DON'T want them to become as broken as they were in 3.3.0 again. I explained my point before, but I kept getting asked the same question: "Do you want them to tech snipe again?". Once again, no. However, I don't want them to keep being an unusable trash they are now.

Foxtrots in 3.3.0:

Damage: 92
Accuracy: 0.75

Foxtrots now:

Damage: 70

Accuracy: 0.25 (which was what made them from OP to garbage)

My suggestion:
Damage: I think it can be kept the same as of now, but maybe it can be increased to 72 or 75.

Accuracy: 0.45 to 0.55.

This way they will be both useful and not broken at the same time. However, this is just a theory, so somebody needs to test it out just to be sure.

Edited by SPCell, 31 March 2017 - 02:52 PM.

#1094 EtherealDark

EtherealDark
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:21 PM

From my understanding, the reduced accuracy only apply to the secondary missiles, that randomly pick up 2 additional targets, and not to the primary missile that is aimed at your selected target.

#1095 Asylum

Asylum
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:16 PM

I still think it would be cool to have cryofield apply something more like the Cryocopter's effect, rather than a speed debuff. Decreasing the targets' armour certainly wouldn't overlap with Hummingbirds, anyway.

Oh wait, that's Target Painter. :p

#1096 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

So, after playing more with Soviets recently, my point about 3.3.1's Foxtrots stands still. They are pretty much an air version of Conscripts: you use them at tier 1, but tier 2 and onwards they are pretty much trash. Damage nerf was a right thing to do, but nerfing their accuracy utterly killed them. They can weaken or stop early T1 rushes and can be pretty annoying at early game if used properly and enemy doesn't have AA units and strictures, but later on they become irrelevant.

Due to this accuracy nerf sniping certain units (heroes, SEALs, Ivans, etc) now relies purely on luck. For example I ordered four Foxtrots to kill ONE Navy SEAL, but only the fourth one could finally finish him off. If you want to stop big infantry armies with them, you need to spam the hell out of them, which is a waste of money of time because why I would waste resources on planes that heavily rely on randomness and luck while I can go for Dustdevils + ground units?

So I have a suggestion how to make them better WITHOUT making them a pain like they were in 3.3.0. I DON'T want them to become as broken as they were in 3.3.0 again. I explained my point before, but I kept getting asked the same question: "Do you want them to tech snipe again?". Once again, no. However, I don't want them to keep being an unusable trash they are now.

Foxtrots in 3.3.0:

Foxtrots now:

My suggestion:
Damage: I think it can be kept the same as of now, but maybe it can be increased to 72 or 75.

This way they will be both useful and not broken at the same time. However, this is just a theory, so somebody needs to test it out just to be sure.

Maybe Foxtrots are not supposed to be used against single targets. A unique point to Soviet's jets, that they actually do better to a grouped-up enemies, rather than to be used to take out single high-profile target.

Even at mid to late game, whenever opposing player prep up to attack your base, they will always be in blobs.

#1097 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

Foxtrots in 3.3.0:

Foxtrots now:

My suggestion:

Maybe Foxtrots are not supposed to be used against single targets. A unique point to Soviet's jets, that they actually do better to a grouped-up enemies, rather than to be used to take out single high-profile target.

Even at mid to late game, whenever opposing player prep up to attack your base, they will always be in blobs.

The problem is that they fail even to be a counter again grouped-up enemies. Only one missle the designated target while the rest hit by pure random. To gain real profit from them, you need to spam the hell out of them, which is a waste of money because I can simply go for Dustdevils and ground units.

#1098 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:25 PM

You can try 1 dustdevil+3 foxtrots

This have a moderate succeed  in killing heroes like Tanya/moralo

Is very good against groups of enemies

Can give your troops the advantage in battle

The dustdevil is really bulky and allow your foxtrots to reach enemy group + force enemy to retreat/move his army

Overall think about your soviet airforce as a supportive tool

#1099 Piorun

Piorun
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:24 AM

Iron Man Game mode ?  :whathuh:

Its a game mode where player is building his base in the middle of the map (or side or corner) and he has to survive (or defend special  structure/unit) for some time or waves
for example playing as Epsilon's and have to defend Psychic Amplifier from other factions
its a mix of Campaign, Challenge and Fortress game mode 

#1100 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:54 AM

Iron Man Challenge, where you have to defend against a lot of red and yellow colored Uragans. :V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users