Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4121 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:14 AM

Suggestion of the day: on the Islands map (4) Zero Point, replace the neutral Allied Ore Refineries with Tech Refineries.

Tech Refineries has been removed in skirmish due it's bugged with tag Insignificant=yes since 3.3.0

#4122 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:04 PM

Suggestion of the day: on the Islands map (4) Zero Point, replace the neutral Allied Ore Refineries with Tech Refineries.

Tech Refineries has been removed in skirmish due it's bugged with tag Insignificant=yes since 3.3.0

That only affects AI though right? 

#4123 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

I just exist to whine about random stuff

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Projects:Various mods of various games
  •  Modder

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:14 PM

Also players, which is annoying as shit since miners would end up going back to the base rather than the tech refinery.

Currently playing the Touhou Series

You can use mission units in MO here

Spoiler

#4124 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:20 PM

Also players, which is annoying as shit since miners would end up going back to the base rather than the tech refinery.

Ah. Hmm... can miners be bound to only a single type of refinery? Maybe have a tech ore truck that goes along with it, specifically coded to only return to tech refineries. Or automatically spawning drones like a slave miner. 

#4125 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:21 AM

Most of TechRef in skirmish has been replace with Tech Expansion Post

Map that replace TechRef with AlliedRef, because that location lac area place to build refinery.

Edited by GameMaster0000, 22 November 2018 - 04:24 AM.

#4126 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 12:03 PM

Okay...So the Tech Ref is no good because it is Insignificant=yes, right? So it has been replaced with Allied Ore Refineries. Why not just keep the Tech Refineries but make them Insignificant=no?
Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4127 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 22 November 2018 - 12:10 PM

Because harvesters won't automatically unload ore at such.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#4128 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

I just exist to whine about random stuff

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Projects:Various mods of various games
  •  Modder

Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:49 PM

So Fin, Alize and Eureka are getting IFV modes..

I'm curious of how they would work, but I'm worried that Fin's IFV mode could be just his own weapon + no ammo... Basically Tanya IFV but with a bullet.

Eureka might end up blowing herself up if not managed properly, but I wonder if it's just a buff for range...

Alize could just get a range buff... 

Currently playing the Touhou Series

You can use mission units in MO here

Spoiler

#4129 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:20 PM

It won't be just the lack of ammo, if the weapon kept the same ROF it would fire really fast compared to Fin himself. It won't be faster than that.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#4130 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:33 PM

What is it about tech buildings that make the Insignificant= line necessary for them but not other buildings? Can it be circumvented? 

#4131 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:54 PM

IFV Mode changes don't mean that Fin and Alize can fire from Jackals, because "IFV-ability" and firing from open topped are two different features correct?

Cause if anything would be broken, it would be that.

Edited by Tathmesh, 22 November 2018 - 05:54 PM.

#4132 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 09:46 AM

Ofcourse IFV's are completely different entities than open topped. Have you ever put a Gi in one? It does 5 times the damage and twice the range of a normal one including a completely different sound. There are also plenty of units with inconsistancies due to lack coding inside the IFV. For example, volkov cannot damage buildings inside one because only 1 weapon can exist so the tesla bombs can't be used. The same happens with stalkers, they can't shoot at infantry, only the normal projectile is used. I wrote a 5000 word guide on IFVs some time ago. Another fun IFV fact, when a certain infantry is nerfed or buffed the IFV version does not automatically change with it, for example snipers gained a damage buff but the IFV still does the same 3.3.3 damage. However, when virus damage was nerfed the IFV was also nerfed, since it was the warhead instead of the unit's direct damage which is different for IFV.

#4133 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:40 AM

so I replaced AlliedRef with TechRef. Miners automatically unload at TechRef perfectly fine.

edit: just basically replaced it (GAREFN to CAREFN). didn't modify anything else than that.

Edited by FELITH, 23 November 2018 - 11:44 AM.

#4134 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 02:02 AM

so I replaced AlliedRef with TechRef. Miners automatically unload at TechRef perfectly fine.

edit: just basically replaced it (GAREFN to CAREFN). didn't modify anything else than that.

Because TechRef doesn't has tag Insignificant=yes that why Miner can auto unload

but it will keep player alive if other unit/structure is destroyed, that not be Tech Structure feature.

#4135 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 06:30 AM

Because TechRef doesn't has tag Insignificant=yes that why Miner can auto unload

but it will keep player alive if other unit/structure is destroyed, that not be Tech Structure feature.

Seems to be a marginal drawback. So what that only having a tech ref standing will keep a player in the game? 

#4136 Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna Kapsyla

The Badman

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Projects:Too Many To List
  •  Dr. Nitpick von Shitpost

Posted 24 November 2018 - 06:52 AM

Tech Structures are supposed to be "Insignificant" overall; as in, they aren't supposed to allow the player to continue playing once their actual military structures are gone. It would be inconsistent to have one be a valid structure but none of the others. It sets a consistent trend and, in the long run, makes more sense. 

Edited by Derxwna Kapsyla, 24 November 2018 - 10:38 AM.

#4137 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 24 November 2018 - 11:55 AM

To be fair, Missile Bunker also keeps player alive

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4138 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 12:12 PM

To be fair, Missile Bunker also keeps player alive

Seems to be a marginal drawback. So what that only having a tech ref standing will keep a player in the game?

I agree, this minor bug seems to be a small price for a new feature, and it is not unprecedented either. It's not like the tech ref is hard to find, or could realistically have an impact on the game when all other structures are lost. I say we use it, but in the end, it's up to @Speeder.

Edited by Divine, 24 November 2018 - 12:13 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4139 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:20 PM

In order to function, Tech Missile Bunker and Tech Refinery aren't considered Insignificant. The drawback of this is the simple fact that they are required to be destroyed in order to win. Thanks to Westwood's genius level of programming, there's no other way to make them work, they either behave like this or don't exist. There are experiments with implementing a feature, which could override this by simply discounting them from the victory condition, but there hasn't been any breakthroughs in this regard and don't really hope for such.

#4140 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 08:15 PM

In order to function, Tech Missile Bunker and Tech Refinery aren't considered Insignificant. The drawback of this is the simple fact that they are required to be destroyed in order to win. Thanks to Westwood's genius level of programming, there's no other way to make them work, they either behave like this or don't exist. There are experiments with implementing a feature, which could override this by simply discounting them from the victory condition, but there hasn't been any breakthroughs in this regard and don't really hope for such.

But still, it's hardly something to develop or remove a feature for. What's so bad about a little inconsistency with tech buildings excluded from victory conditions? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users