Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
2515 replies to this topic

#21 Hazapuza

Hazapuza
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

I gotta say, this update was definitely worth the 3 year wait.  It's all kinds of awesome, and thus you guys are also awesome. Well, more awesome than before. :) Thank you all.

I played a few AI skirmishes with Last Bastion, and I'm liking the subfaction a lot. That said, what jumped at me a little was the Mastodon. It's a fuckhuge tank with a massive railgun and that makes it the coolest unit in the game as of now, at least in my book, but based on these few matches it sorta feels like the Giantsbane and especially Godsbane do its job better. It's a bit of an apples and oranges situation with one being a unit an the other infantry with Nanofiber sync as an extra requirement, but the Godsbane especially just wrecks enemy vehicles and buildings and is pretty effective against infantry as well. It shoots faster than the Mastodon, has almost the same range and moves quicker, and I think creating Godsbanes is cheaper in the long run if you sync as many as you can at once.

So either Mastodon is a bit weak for its price, Godsbane is too good, or perhaps more likely, I'm just not thinking this through and I'm ignoring some obvious balance factors.

#22 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:08 PM

I'm gonna say this once. I can go ahead and remove a hard AI base with nothing but enhanced basic infantry when a nano filber is ready and there is not a damn thing it can do to me if it wasn't China or Epsilon. Not sure about with human players but Foehn is just insane, you just kill everything before they can return fire, and you gain cashes killing them. In the end you win, because even though your stuffs are expensive they just never die at all. The basic units of other factions can no way compete with Foehn in terms of cost efficiency once it hit super late game. This is intended, isn't it?

Edited by X1Destroy, 18 December 2016 - 02:10 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#23 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,506 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yuri's Revenge
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:10 PM

When the basic infantry is enhanced with the Nanofiber Sync, they aren't really basic infantry anymore but mid-to-late-game troops and they're limited in numbers.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#24 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

I see. While stuffs like seals and desolator die in masses, these guys march on and roll over the field like a cannon ball on fire. Now I fully understand why sniper came back.

Soviet isn't the powerhouse anymore now is it?

Edited by X1Destroy, 18 December 2016 - 02:19 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#25 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,506 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:19 PM

The Wolfhound definitely doesn't like version 3.3 because of all the nerfs it received.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#26 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,185 posts
  • Projects:Attacque Superior, OpenRA, Nomad Galaxy, Crystallized Doom, random ORA mod support/voicing
  •  Your favourite proud heretic renegade reaper of the stupid people

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:48 PM

Does the fucking Harbinger has an ammo count? That thing is worse than the Tempest because of the splits logic, yet Harbinger has a faster recharge. :wat:

Also, pretty sure it's more armored than a Kirov.

Edited by Graion Dilach, 18 December 2016 - 02:49 PM.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#27 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,506 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

It performs 8 attack runs. Unlike the Tempest, it's destroyable, costs $3000 for each attack and isn't exactly the most accurate thing in the world.

It has 500 more healthpoints on the same armor as Kirov.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#28 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

M.A.D.M.A.N within your vicinity

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  A random Harrier jet taxiing around

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:31 PM

What happened to the EVA voice when you capture certain tech buildings like the oil derrick, instead of being "Ore Refinery Captured, Acquiring Additional Resources",the voice just changed back to "Tech building captured"?
Spoiler

#29 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,506 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

It's been normalized to work like that. There are many new tech buildings in the game and of course we couldn't cover EVA speeches for those for the original factions. So now there's a text message and a universal 'Tech building captured' or 'Tech defense captured' speech.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#30 Damfoos

Damfoos

FUUUUUUUU

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

Can Boidmachine announce when the blast is ready? In the hiatus of battle it isn't very convenient to check the Armory tab again and again only to see the Blitz is still on recharge, and when it is ready, you won't notice it until you open the tab again. Since it is a superweapon technically, I guess an EVA event can be assigned to it (but instead of EVA voice it should be Boidmachine voice, because you can acquire this unit while playing non-Foehn faction and the voice of Foehn announcer will be out of place in this case).

Edited by Damfoos, 18 December 2016 - 04:04 PM.

#31 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,506 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:56 PM

Oh, yeah, I guess it could do an EVA report with its voice. It even has unused attack command voiceovers.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#32 Damfoos

Damfoos

FUUUUUUUU

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:07 PM

Also, why the Foehn Cargo Plane uses the same old propeller engine sounds as the other cargo planes? It feels silly when you see this high-tech plane and hear the ancient RA2 cargo plane propellers. Shouldn't it sound more ...advanced for such an aircraft? Something that sounds like a jet engine, at least.

Edited by Damfoos, 18 December 2016 - 04:09 PM.

#33 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

M.A.D.M.A.N within your vicinity

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  A random Harrier jet taxiing around

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

Another minor suggestion:
Since the Grumble is made such a way that it deploys into a building and launches it's projectile, why not make the Topol-M do the same thing? It might sound excessive but if it is launched correctly it will be cooler, I made this reference through the Rise of the Reds mod, I think it is more accurate in my opinion.
Spoiler

#34 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,506 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

Also, why the Foehn Cargo Plane uses the same old propeller engine sounds as the other cargo planes? It feels silly when you see this high-tech plane and hear the ancient RA2 cargo plane propellers. Shouldn't it sound more ...advanced for such an aircraft? Something that sounds like a jet engine, at least.

Mostly for the same reason all MCVs share the same sound. So that it's recognizeable.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#35 Damfoos

Damfoos

FUUUUUUUU

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:20 PM

Fair point, but then here's the Dybbik-Transport. Besides, I don't think it is such a big deal, after a few games everyone will memorize the sound anyway. Really, it just looks silly. Maybe use not an entirely new sound, but an altered version of the default one?

Edited by Damfoos, 18 December 2016 - 04:21 PM.

#36 Frank72

Frank72
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:49 PM

Just a minor suggestion, I wish the Inferno Tower will fire a different kind of beam, such as a toxin beam or a psybeam, rather than a weaker version of the Antares Battery.

#37 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts
  • Projects:Nothing worth showing off.
  •  Actually Yngwie of House Malmsteen.

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:53 PM

I think it is about time we bring this tradition back.

Ambassador Jointfighter (replaces Foxtrot Fighter for Latin Confederation)

Cost: 1500$

Prerequisite: Soviet Airbase

Weapon: 'Libre' 2x Missiles, Infantry Slot

Role: Precision Strikes, Infantry Paradrop

Description: Due to the terranean and bulky nature of the Borillo and the Halftrack, delivering specialized infantry behind enemy lines has been a giant headache for Confederation commanders, especially since their battle strategy was reliant on the efficiency of subversive weaponry. The solution came in the form of a new fixed-wing aircraft, the Ambassador. The Ambassador is armed with smaller missiles than the Foxtrot's in order to make space for its primary utility. The Ambassador can carry an infantry inside itself, where it can paradrop the infantry anywhere on the battlefield mid-flight. A squad of 4 Ambassadors can change the tide of battle in many situations; delivering Engineers, Saboteurs, Crazy Ivans, Arsonists and even Morales to the necessary terrain that would have otherwise been difficult to achieve with basic Soviet transport.

Strategy Transmitter (Epsilon Support Building)

Cost: 4000$

Prerequisite: Upgraded Pandora Hub

Power: -200

Role: Strategic Adaptation

Description: Due to the advanced nature of Epsilon psychic technology, Yuri has been utilizing it to increase the strategic efficiency of Epsilon units directly on the battlefield. This giant antenna building has the ability to transmit psychic waves to all Epsilon units on the battlefield and psychically signal them to change their strategic position according to the "suggestion" given to them by the Strategy Transmitter. The building has helped the Epsilon forces adapt to the ever-changing tide of the battlefield. However, due to the physical limitation of Epsilon forces, whenever a strategy is "suggested" by the Strategy Transmitter, Epsilon forces will sacrifice their efficiency in an attribute deemed unnecessary for the current tactic. Whenever a strategy is chosen, there is a recharge time of 30 seconds until you can switch to a different one. The strategies include:

- Harassment - Increased all Epsilon unit speed by 5% in exchange for -5% firepower.

- Firepower - Increases all Epsilon unit firepower by 5% in exchange for -5% armor.

- Vanguard - Increases all Epsilon unit armor by 5% in exchange for -5% speed.

- Neutral - Sets all Epsilon unit attribute to normal.

Information Blackhole (Epsilon Support Power)

Cost: 2000$

Prerequisite: Strategy Transmitter

Recharge Time: 8:00

Description: The Epsilon Army does not always finds it preferable to have direct battles with enemy battalions. This subversive nature seeps into their arsenal, aimed at mitigating or converting the enemy's advantage rather than dealing direct heavy firepower. The Information Blackhole is the pinnacle of Epsilon subversive tactics and proof that Epsilon will always prefer to fight on their own terms. The effect of this support power is to create a massive psychic illusion on enemy radars, creating a massive radar shroud within a 7x7 area similar to the GAP Generator. The radar shroud cannot be impenetrated and the enemy will have no way to find out what is going on behind the fog of war. While the enemy can order their units to attack into the shroud, there is no possible method to select a unit inside a shroud and take him out of the shroud. Often times, enemy commanders will have no idea what sort of assault his army is resisting. The shroud lasts for 30 seconds until it becomes penetrable.

Edited by Jargalhurts, 19 December 2016 - 12:10 AM.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

#38 Damfoos

Damfoos

FUUUUUUUU

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:41 PM

Just a minor suggestion, I wish the Inferno Tower will fire a different kind of beam, such as a toxin beam or a psybeam, rather than a weaker version of the Antares Battery.

2.0 and 3.0 Railgun (because apparently ANY directed energy weapon is a railgun) Tower was armed with a psybeam already, and a toxin beam won't damage toxin-immune units, which is bad for balance. I do support the idea of giving it a different anymation though. Just make the spheres white-yellow instead of yellow-red, and this will already look different. And Marauders can get the same weapon AND a new turret design.

#39 Damfoos

Damfoos

FUUUUUUUU

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:18 PM

Isn't exactly a suggestion or feedback, but doesn't belong to bug reports either. FinalAlert2 crashes when reads artmo.ini (the executable has been modified to read MO rulesmo.ini, expandmo##.mix, artmo.ini and so on), and launches almost fine (the assets are invisible, but there's no Foehn sub-cathegory) when artmo.ini is replaced with default artmd.ini in "to load" list. What I'm doing wrong? Does it crash because of Ares-specific values in artmo file?

Edited by Damfoos, 18 December 2016 - 07:19 PM.

#40 Starkku

Starkku

Putting 'Pro' In 'Procrastination'

• Hosted
  • 423 posts
  • Projects:Project Phantom
  •  C&C YR modder & Project Phantom mod leader.

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:57 PM

Isn't exactly a suggestion or feedback, but doesn't belong to bug reports either. FinalAlert2 crashes when reads artmo.ini (the executable has been modified to read MO rulesmo.ini, expandmo##.mix, artmo.ini and so on), and launches almost fine (the assets are invisible, but there's no Foehn sub-cathegory) when artmo.ini is replaced with default artmd.ini in "to load" list. What I'm doing wrong? Does it crash because of Ares-specific values in artmo file?

If it crashes loading art INI on FinalAlert startup then it's very likely malformed INI file. Something like a section ID not being properly opened and closed between [ and ] for an example will cause that. Game won't care much in most cases but FinalAlert will lose it's shit over stuff like that.

Edited by Starkku, 18 December 2016 - 08:58 PM.

ppsign.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users