Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4401 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:31 PM

As well as some weapons design that pretty much rips off irl weapon design quite a lot of times.

Besides, the nature of RA2 mod itself is quite hacky. That alone is already stepping in the line

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4402 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:57 PM

That's one reason why you can't donate money to the devs, I'd think. As long as the project is not commercial, these things are not that much of a problem. Many other mods do this.

Edited by Solais, 15 March 2019 - 01:58 PM.

#4403 Piorun

Piorun
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:30 PM

We have Mind Tower for Psi
can we get Virus Turret for Scorpion Cell and Gen Modyfying turret for HQ ?
It will make this factions more unique in term of deffensive structures

#4404 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:41 AM

Do they even need that? Psi Tower is not too useful anyways, outside of AI fight

Besides, HQ has genomine already, if we're talking unique

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4405 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:00 AM

They already exist. Just capture IFV's and use tank bunkers and voila, virus turret. Genoturret has a build limit of 1 though, but it 1 shots almost all infantry so its pretty strong.

#4406 Piorun

Piorun
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:47 PM

Add PL-01 Stelth tank for Euro Allied faction
It will work just like Shadow Tank but will be weak against infantry and strong against tanks

#4407 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:22 PM

Add PL-01 Stelth tank for Euro Allied faction
It will work just like Shadow Tank but will be weak against infantry and strong against tanks

Mirage tank?

#4408 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:14 AM

Mirage Tank

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4409 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

Toxicity used to have a quirk where you can insert troopers in civilian transport (seems to be bugged now) how is that done? I tried using JP and civilian, but it wouldn't work

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4410 Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 06:47 PM

Hello there,

Would it be possible to switch out the Chinese taunts to something...more Chinese? The Libyan taunts from vanilla are 0% fitting for the China Nation. Perhaps General Fai voicing the Chinese General you fight in "Dragonstorm" could work well.

#4411 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:38 AM

Any chance the nanite clouds from foehn (huntess, archelon, devourer) could last a bit longer? A lot of the time I find foehn infantry have less staying power that, say, drakuv supported tesla troopers, or allied infantry with medics. Most of the time a nantite cloud is created, its either lasts too little time, expiring while I am focusing down something dangerous, or is just too far away to move infantry in my backlines forward. 

P.S. EDIT: Is Fin's sprite a space marine!?

Edited by Death_Kitty, 26 March 2019 - 04:54 AM.

#4412 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:43 AM

I dunno, I guess you should already position them on forward beforehand? I mean despite that drawback, Foehn still has the toughest men there are. Besides, Epsilon doesn't have anything to heal with other than SW, they do fine

Edited by Handepsilon, 26 March 2019 - 11:43 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4413 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:37 PM

that's because everything epsilon has either has very low health where healing doesn't matter (basic infantry and bloaticks), a method for self healing (dunerider, virus), or just regular auto-heal (adepts, brutes and stalkers). only the heroes have some issues. As for foehn, the mantra of the huntress doesn't work with the foehn infantry because unlike stalkers supporting brutes foehn infantry are all meant for fighting at range except the lancer, but the lancer should never fight enemy infantry so its more situational than one might assume. Only with enemy charging brutes does this get really powerfull (which is a bad move from epsilon anyway, brutes don't counter infantry). The limitations of the huntress are on purpose however, as getting full benefit of a cloud means an almost immediate full heal as it heals infantry really damn fast, so it straddles a thin line between it being very hard to properly use and broken (giant hp pools refilling near instantly). Earlier in development i think huntresses were meant to be able to create clouds with friendly fire, but that was scrapped i believe because you could abuse it to quickly full heal giant hp pools with the meager sacrifice of an engineer.

Anyway, if clouds would last longer they need to have their healing nerfed for certain.

#4414 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:05 PM

I agree with this. the healing is crazy right now, and if you are pushing into enemy infantry, foehn units have a habit of not dying. Would it be better if touching the cloud have units a status effect that heals at field hospital speed for 20 sec? or something like that? Or maybe lasting longer, but having healing nerfed would be better. Or maybe a combination of the 2?

#4415 LessPlayMoreLearn

LessPlayMoreLearn
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:35 AM

This is my first post here, hello everyone. First I will address one bug of deployed Colossus (I'm not sure if it has been mentioned). When the deployed Colossus is chronoshifted, it will be destroyed automatically; if it is chronoshifted to a unit that is Chronoshift.Crushable=yes, then that unit will be destroyed as well; if it is chronoshifted to a unit that is Chronoshift.Crushable=no, then that unit will be intact. The same thing happens when the balloon lifts a deployed Colossus: the deployed Colossus will be destroyed and the game will report error at the same time.

Another thing is my own thinking. I was thinking about the unreasonable fact of Cryocopter freezing several important structures in a short time. I think maybe it is a good idea to give it a large MinimumRange (for example, the range is 10.5 and let MinimumRange=10), so that Cryocopter can only freeze very limited targets without moving. I also think about make it a periodic gattling cycle (efficiency rises to max, then decreases to min, and then rises again), but I think this is not as good as the first idea.

#4416 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:06 AM

Yeah the cryochopper can lead us to rough situations. When it froze a structure completely, and you kill it, sometimes it targets an other structure/vehichle in that completely frozen stage while it's falling down and you'll end up 2 destroyed structures - WF and tech building haha.... -, if you are unlucky :D
But applying the final freezing status immediately (so it does not have to charge up every time it switches targets) to an other object after eliminating the first one is intended(?).

#4417 LessPlayMoreLearn

LessPlayMoreLearn
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:15 AM

I believe it was intended to copy the cryocopter of RA3 (need to charge every time attacks one other target). The ideal situation is that a new factor "temperature" is introduced, which is related to the armor and speed. But it seems that this is not available yet (otherwise it is not difficult to solve)......

#4418 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:43 PM

Gattling logic was supposed to emulate that effect. Unfortunately yes, if the copter changes target immediately, the beam will still apply the final stage weapon and thus insta freeze other structures. Obviously this isn't intended and MM has tried to fix this before iirc.

And yeah, it all depends on AlexB. I don't think the demand for Cryocopter-esque unit is very high outside of MO to warrant an extra feature, but I could be wrong.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4419 Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

Hey Mental Speeder, or anyone?
Would it possible in 3.3.5 to have Reznov and Krukov as the Russian hero unit duo, instead of Volkov and Chitzkoi?

Reznov and Krukov work so well toghether, and are much easier to manage than Volkov and Chitzkoi.

#4420 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

Hey Mental Speeder, or anyone?
Would it possible in 3.3.5 to have Reznov and Krukov as the Russian hero unit duo, instead of Volkov and Chitzkoi?

Reznov and Krukov work so well toghether, and are much easier to manage than Volkov and Chitzkoi.

zt8oPNv.gif

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users