Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4521 Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:04 PM

Euro may be the defensive faction out of the allied ones, but they are also the balanced faction in gameplay. They do have plenty of defensive means (snipers, thor deploy), but that doesnt mean *everything* has to be.
In chinas case their stuff i really slow allround except for dragonflies, but they offset this glaring weakpoint by exceptional armor and emp usage. Euro has neither of those, they have more specialized units that cover each others weakness quite well. Ergo a faster unit with good range actually fits into their theme imo. The prism can move out to strike with range advantage and afterwards quickly withdraw behind the defensive lines of charons, mirages, snipers and thors. Also keep in mind that they already have a slow, tough siege unit: he's called Siegfried. Sure, he's more of a mobile army deleter than base razer, but he is the tough, defensive arty unit you seemingly want in euros arsenal.

Oh I beg to differ with Siegfried, I never use him ever since I found out what he does. Just doesn't fit my play style. But each to theirbown of course.

#4522 Ebonight_5i8er

Ebonight_5i8er
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:29 AM

Prism is defo a euro unit. As ebonight pointed out, prismtech belongs more to euro lorewise than to usa. Prism weapons are *not* lasers either btw. A laser uses quantum tech to amplify light emitted by artificial sources, prism tech uses optical means to generate a high energy ray to deal damage.
Also, usa definitely needs the athena imo, as they are really lacking in the aoe department otherwise. Athenas are prolly the best (nearly only?) thing you can use to turn a battle vs psicorps in your favour imho.
Last but not least, europe kinda holds the "vanilla allies" feel with prisms, mirages and harriers. mark it down to personal taste, but i'd miss this reminiscence

On a different subject:
Pacific fronts Hailstorms. While they have great range (on par with scuds), and are one of the better anti unit arties with their aoe, the damage is abysmally low in comparison.
Especially vs structures which are usually the prime targets for tier 3 siege units they hit pretty weakly.
Often zephyrs seem to do a better job at wrecking buildings, which kinda makes the hailstorm feel to weak for its price and tech requirement.
Just altering hailstorm stats alone while leaving the rest of pf untouched might be a major mistake though, given the general strength of blizzard+zephyr blobs atm.

Other opinions would be appreciated.

Atm, I prefer playing United States than any of the other Allied factions, because of their fast speed, quick strikes, and air supremacy (Warhawks are easily one of the best Allied support and defensive units, as their lasers are quite damaging against infantry and tank groups). I do like playing Alliance time to time though.

Agreed that Hailstorms need a buff, they feel weak against structures despite the range. Zephyrs are much better for that role, and can make a living nightmare for enemy vehicles with Blizzards, and Hummingbird support.

Edited by Ebonight_5i8er, 19 April 2019 - 01:30 AM.

#4523 Endless

Endless
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Projects:Weaponized Dad Jokes
  •  Disgusting USA main

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:28 AM

Oh I beg to differ with Siegfried, I never use him ever since I found out what he does. Just doesn't fit my play style. But each to theirbown of course.

Atm, I prefer playing United States than any of the other Allied factions, because of their fast speed, quick strikes, and air supremacy (Warhawks are easily one of the best Allied support and defensive units, as their lasers are quite damaging against infantry and tank groups). I do like playing Alliance time to time though.

Hailstorms used to sorta fill in the anti infantry role when blizzards were relatively subpar, now they can't exactly do much since their damage for structures is just pathetic, not to mention the fact it's far too sluggish of a unit to be a worthwhile pairing with the current zephyr/blizzard unit comp.
They definitely do need a buff that would allow them to do actual siege because right now no one is going to want to waste time making a sufficient amount of hailstorms just to tear down some buildings when they can just inflate the numbers of zephyrs and blizzards and get an even better outcome.

Edited by Endless, 19 April 2019 - 04:57 PM.

Cease or I will have to use D E A D L Y F O R C E

#4524 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:45 PM

Euro may be the defensive faction out of the allied ones, but they are also the balanced faction in gameplay. They do have plenty of defensive means (snipers, thor deploy), but that doesnt mean *everything* has to be.
In chinas case their stuff i really slow allround except for dragonflies, but they offset this glaring weakpoint by exceptional armor and emp usage. Euro has neither of those, they have more specialized units that cover each others weakness quite well. Ergo a faster unit with good range actually fits into their theme imo. The prism can move out to strike with range advantage and afterwards quickly withdraw behind the defensive lines of charons, mirages, snipers and thors. Also keep in mind that they already have a slow, tough siege unit: he's called Siegfried. Sure, he's more of a mobile army deleter than base razer, but he is the tough, defensive arty unit you seemingly want in euros arsenal.

It's not about playstyle. Heroes are the most cost effective units in the game. There's only two choices: you buy your hero or you buy your hero.

Edited by Tathmesh, 19 April 2019 - 02:45 PM.

#4525 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:29 AM

Even Eureka?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4526 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:14 PM

Even Eureka?

Who's Eureka?

/endmeme

She's useful for buying time while you amass Pteranodons and snowball to victory. Pteranodons are unbelievably shitty when you only have a few. Eureka is a big threat against T3 tanks, although she never seems to kill any of them.

#4527 Ebonight_5i8er

Ebonight_5i8er
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:26 PM

I wish Eureka gets a buff, as she does nothing much else when Pteranodons are massed. Make her more damaging to infantry and structures, but not a tad too strong.

#4528 zanos

zanos
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:26 AM

I wish Eureka gets a buff, as she does nothing much else when Pteranodons are massed. Make her more damaging to infantry and structures, but not a tad too strong.

Please do this! right now she just feels like a wasted slot 

#4529 zanos

zanos
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:31 AM

Can the Tsurugi be made immune to mind control? It is honestly pretty stupid that a autonomous robot can be mind control even tho heroes are immune to that attack 

#4530 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:46 AM

It's not autonomous. The lore itself basically said that the idea for completely autonomous robot was scrapped after an unfortunate accident. It's a piloted robot like any other IFV, just with more protection (not armor) against hazards

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4531 Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:45 AM

Will the Chinese taunts ver be improved? The Libyan taunts are so unbefitting; they'd suit Scorpion Cell instead.

#4532 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:57 AM

Making Eureka fly would definently make her useful and a viable threat and actually useful.

It might be OP if she could also attack air units with a big AOE so in that case maybe make her not be able to attack air units.

It also fits the role of Coronia's playstyle

Edited by Zharakov, 21 April 2019 - 10:00 AM.

#4533 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:52 PM

Eureka is fine as she is. Her damage 1 on 1 is subpar, but her wide AoE more than makes up for it. She may not be able to go apeshit on a single unit like some other heroes, but she can severely damage entire armies at once.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4534 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:12 PM

> hurr durr Coronia has air units
> hurr durr their hero no fly she succ
> hurr durr make her flying

Now you've countered literally everything they can make with one flak cannon

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#4535 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:19 AM

Probably too early to ask, but will the 2 returning units from v2.0 (Hydra Cannon and...Focus Tank renamed to Tank Killer?) essentially remain the same? Will they replace existing units since the current arsenal already fulfils nearly every role there is?

hT8PHUN.gif

#4536 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:20 PM

Now that you mention tweeted stuff, I was looking at that epsilon thingy.

This one:

Spoiler

Ugh, I mean, this one.

Spoiler

I love 40k inspired stuff. Baneblade in MO when?

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4537 Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:56 PM

Apologies if this sounds repetitive, can we please have the Chinese taunts replaced by General Wu (its the voice of General Fai from CnC Generals Zero Hour)? The Libyan taunts absolutely do not fit the Chinese at all.

#4538 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 12:50 AM

Hydra and TankKil might be supposed to be "special units", like Drakuv and Repair Drone.

Edited by TerumasaReal, 24 April 2019 - 12:58 AM.

#4539 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 12:54 AM

Or probably campaign

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4540 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:22 AM

I think Hydra and TankKiller will be just camping units, like Utopia. They are unnecessary for mp.

footer.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users