Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4561 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:40 AM

No, I believe it doesn't exist in the older versions.

I just saw it in this video: https://www.youtube....h?v=_tY9Q4swlS0 . (5:16)

footer.jpg

#4562 Ebonight_5i8er

Ebonight_5i8er
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:32 PM

Weird. I never saw it before. Either an exclusive campaign unit or a scenery prop like the Derelict Mammoth Tank.  

#4563 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:56 PM

The Mobile Gap Generator existed as a buildable unit for all Allied subfactions from version 1.2 until the latest public version of 2.0. It's pointless to use Gap Generators against AI so they're hardly used in single player modes of old MO.

hT8PHUN.gif

#4564 SukaHati

SukaHati
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 05:10 AM

Will you add "kite mode" for speeder trike?

#4565 Nox667

Nox667
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  •  noone interesting

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:13 PM

The problem with Reapers IIRC is that they are just recolored Stalkers, not unique enough. Maybe one day, with a new SHP, they could return. One can dream, at least

Reapers werent recoloured stalkers though. Stalkers are anti building siege with a weapon spawning a healing ring around enemy infantry they hit. Reapers were literally walking antares batteries, aka anti tank artillery.

About mobile gap generator: Gap gens and chimeras cores are both utterly obnoxious to play against, i'll happily pass on a mobile version of em. While HQ does have the Hazequad as mobile stealth generator, a) people tend to forget about em and b) they have much less range which allows one to take out the hazequad fairly easily without instantly losing ones own entire army to the stuff hiding beneath the stealth. In short hazequads are actually much easier to deal with than chimera cores.

Less range for a mobile gapgen wouldnt change as much i feel like, mostly as it (unlike chimera core/hazequad) entirely denies forcefiring. A mobile gapgen woud be pretty much just as effective at bringing games to standstill as the immobile version is i fear.

Edited by Nox667, 11 May 2019 - 05:16 PM.

Infinite are: the universe and human stupidity. Im not quite sure about the universe. - *supposedly* Albert Einstein

#4566 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:18 AM

"kite mode"? You mean Buratino or IFV Tools?

footer.jpg

#4567 Ebonight_5i8er

Ebonight_5i8er
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:56 AM

I'm assuming "Kite mode" is to make Speeder Trikes shoot, then drive away while an enemy unit is chasing after them. I don't think that's possible with Ares.

#4568 SukaHati

SukaHati
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:41 AM

It just like Ebonight_5i8er said. You shoot while keeping in distance from enemies.

I'm assuming "Kite mode" is to make Speeder Trikes shoot, then drive away while an enemy unit is chasing after them. I don't think that's possible with Ares.

If you get mind control AI's speeder trike, you will see that the AI speeder trike have huge minimum range compare to player speeder trike. Furthermore, a unit which is targeting enemy inside the unit minimum range will try to move into their maximum range of their weapon to hit that enemy. This behavior made the AI's speeder trike look like they kiting your tanks.

Edited by SukaHati, 12 May 2019 - 06:44 AM.

#4569 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

I have some suggestions.

1. Special Ops Drop that is unique to the EA that paradrops 2 SEALS, 2 Snipers and 1 Spy for $3000.

2. Some unique Land Mines for some of the subfactions that are all flavored to their technological gimmick. So the EA has Chrono Mines that can instantly remove hostile units, the USA has Satellite Mines that when activated will create a beam from the heavens that constantly tracks the hostile unit that, Psicorp has Mind Slaver Mines that mind controls the hostile unit, Scorpion Cell has Chemical Mines that does the regular gas cloud, the Latin Confederation can have Terror Mines that when activated infests the unit with a terror drone, etc.

3. Give the Scud Launcher the ability to create faster reloading "Chaffe Rockets" that deal less damage but can distract the AA defenses to allow the Scud Launchers default rocket the ability and the potential for Soviet Air units to exploit.

4. The ability to gain money from garrisoning civilian structures as a Quartering Tax Logic. All Factions can have it. 

5. Some new Spy Archetypes for the Allies. Maybe an Embezzler that disguise and can attach economic "bombs" that give the player some cash the more he attaches it to enemy structures. Or a Merchant that can disguise and take over enemy structures for his team.

#4570 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:29 AM

1. Paradrops are US' and Russia's forte, not EA

2. *why tho*

3. Scuds are already one of the best artillery in the games. Besides, multiple scuds (3 at least) can actually smash through AAs with their sheer speed.

4. ...again why?
5. The first one is probably not possible while the second one is downright OP

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4571 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:53 PM

1. Paradrops are US' and Russia's forte, not EA

2. *why tho*

3. Scuds are already one of the best artillery in the games. Besides, multiple scuds (3 at least) can actually smash through AAs with their sheer speed.

4. ...again why?
5. The first one is probably not possible while the second one is downright OP

1. That is true but the US is focused on T1 infantry drops/T1 light vehicle drops while Russia is focused on T1 tank drops. The EA can focus on special forces T2 infantry drops to support their forces as needed

2. Defensive viability, map control and area denial?

3. Fair enough.

4. Economic advantage and map control?

5. OP is subjective. Disguised units can be discovered and liquidated by either detector units or watchful players.

#4572 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:29 AM

If you get mind control AI's speeder trike, you will see that the AI speeder trike have huge minimum range compare to player speeder trike. Furthermore, a unit which is targeting enemy inside the unit minimum range will try to move into their maximum range of their weapon to hit that enemy. This behavior made the AI's speeder trike look like they kiting your tanks.

So it should be possible to make this, using the same logic as the Sahdow Tank to switch between modes - normal and "kiting". The AI would simply build them in kiting mode, and the interchangability would also solve this oddity with the AI unit behaving visibly differently than the one made by players in the current version.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4573 Nox667

Nox667
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  •  noone interesting

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:14 AM

Not entirely sure i want kiting to be an thing units do automaticaly thanks to minimum range :s

Infinite are: the universe and human stupidity. Im not quite sure about the universe. - *supposedly* Albert Einstein

#4574 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:05 PM

Not entirely sure i want kiting to be an thing units do automaticaly thanks to minimum range :s

I still remember when Archers had minimum range.
RIP crush autododging

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#4575 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:45 PM

On the topic of the Grand Cannon should it be replaced with an adaptive system (like the IFV but in the form of stationary of the Grand Cannon structure) or should their be an addition a Sudden GC Support Power feature to one of the Allied subfactions (EA most likely) that resembles
the Risen Inferno, Quick Fort, Instant Shelter. Alternatively the GC can be made as a Mobile Grand Cannon Unit ala the Stalin's Fist.

Also the Plague Splatter can receive a buff either as a larger area effect attack to cover the battlefield in toxic gas like the Siege Onager in AoE2 or higher damage to structures via an alternative toxic gas that melts through structures instead of infantry.

Edited by Malekron, 14 May 2019 - 03:16 PM.

#4576 Ebonight_5i8er

Ebonight_5i8er
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:47 PM

On the topic of the Grand Cannon should it be replaced with an adaptive system (like the IFV but in the form of stationary of the Grand Cannon structure) or should their be an addition a Sudden GC Support Power feature to one of the Allied subfactions (EA most likely) that resembles
the Risen Inferno, Quick Fort, Instant Shelter. Alternatively the GC can be made as a Mobile Grand Cannon Unit ala the Stalin's Fist.

Also the Plague Splatter can receive a buff either as a larger area effect attack to cover the battlefield in toxic gas like the Siege Onager in AoE2 or higher damage to structures via an alternative toxic gas that melts through structures instead of infantry.

I really see no point in making a mobile Grand Cannon. The Allies already have decent support powers.

The Plague Splatter is fine enough as it is. It doesn't need a buff or a nerf.

I'm still hoping for a Mobile Gap Generator for the Allies, to give them a better chance of withstanding support powers.

#4577 Nox667

Nox667
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  •  noone interesting

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:59 PM

Splatters as they are now are incredible. Theres no point in changing em.

Allies dont really need any instant structure, given how with chronoshift they can shift an mcv wherever theý want or chronolift their structures within certain areas.

Mines are clunky to use and barely used in multiplayer (unless someone memes), simply because they are fairly easy to avoid. A unit has to move exactly next to a mine to trigger it, which will barely happen on the more open maps unless the user spams em everywhere. That in turn is a bad idea due to space to cover and  both time and money investment. And making mines instantly armed upon placement (as it was in older versions) results in em being more of a "click here to delete/emp/whatever" than actual mines. Adding even more mine variants is not going to make em more used and will instead just clutter up the build list.

The idea of chaff missiles for the scud sounds intriguing until you realise what hande pointed out: russia is hella strong and a simple brute force faction, they have neither need for some fancy stuff like that, nor should they get any buffs :v

Still like the idea though. Could be cool if such a support mode could be added somewhere. No idea where it would fit atm though.

Edited by Nox667, 14 May 2019 - 04:35 PM.

#4578 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

DO NOT DISS THE MIGHTY PLAGUE SPLATTER

Also EMP mines are highly undervalued in multi.
Genomines and MAD Mines are pretty garbage though.

SCUDs do not need a buff and their missiles are plenty tanky enough.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#4579 SuperSnivy

SuperSnivy
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

On the topic of the Grand Cannon should it be replaced with an adaptive system (like the IFV but in the form of stationary of the Grand Cannon structure)

Like the Multigunner Turret from Red Alert 3?

Is that even possible to begin with?

#4580 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:57 AM

I must agree, mines in general, are trash. How about changing all ofthem to support powers? 

Deploy EMP Mines

Deploy Geno-Mines

Deploy M.A.D. Mines

All of these would have a limited range, like the Knightfall Protocol or Chronolift around the building that deploys them. The support power would deploy a small patch of mines, which would need to arm first, as they do now. 

The recharge speed of the support power should be carefully adjusted so mines would not be spammed everywhere, but would be useful neverhteless.

There's also another interesting solution that comes to my mind, if we wish for alternative delivery methods. In Generals: Shockwave, vanilla China has a Mine Dispenser building. It is a small, camoflaged container that places a minefield around itself, and replaces lost mines periodically. Furthermore, aerial deployment and minelayer vehicles should also be doable.

Edited by Divine, 15 May 2019 - 11:05 AM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users