Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#5081 MCFLYYY

MCFLYYY
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 05:01 PM

For someone who solely plays game with a friend against the AI, I would like to suggest adding a pre-game config option to remove Support powers. We like to play against 6 Hard AIs but so many of the Support powers the AI spams really detract from the overall experience IMO. Example #1 is the new Rad Attack for the Soviets, which all 6 AI call in instantly the moment a single ground infantry is built. It almost effectively removes all infantry from your arsenal. And for factions that have ground hero units, like Tanya, good luck ever getting them to survive longer than 5 minutes.

I would also like to know how this Rad Attack is able to target my camouflaged spies?

#5082 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 16 November 2021 - 08:32 AM

AI doesn't really care about disguise when using support power, iirc

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#5083 MCFLYYY

MCFLYYY
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 11:17 PM

If that's always been true, then the introduction of the Rad Attack specifically to target infantry seems to be the issue. It's one thing to have the AI use some dogs or terror drones to target your spies, which I do believe I've seen them do prior so I think you're right. But at least I can bring a few support units and kill those. The Rad Attack planes come swooping in from all angles and create a square mile of radiation. I obviously realize I'm in the minority, only playing AI, but this specific Support Power and Support Powers in general make this game less enjoyable for us. Oh well :/

#5084 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 01:47 AM

If that's always been true, then the introduction of the Rad Attack specifically to target infantry seems to be the issue. It's one thing to have the AI use some dogs or terror drones to target your spies, which I do believe I've seen them do prior so I think you're right. But at least I can bring a few support units and kill those. The Rad Attack planes come swooping in from all angles and create a square mile of radiation. I obviously realize I'm in the minority, only playing AI, but this specific Support Power and Support Powers in general make this game less enjoyable for us. Oh well :/

Eh. I've been asking for an option to turn off support powers, or at least those that deal damage directly, since about 3.1. The main issue is that factions were balanced with support powers in mind, eg: China has no actual artillery, except for the Centurion, but they get the Wallbuster to help with sieges. "Support" powers that can just delete enemies with a click and no risk involved are a poor design choice, IMHO,  and making them a pillar of faction balancing is doubly so, but that's just the way it is.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#5085 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 02:44 AM

Eh. I've been asking for an option to turn off support powers, or at least those that deal damage directly, since about 3.1. The main issue is that factions were balanced with support powers in mind, eg: China has no actual artillery, except for the Centurion, but they get the Wallbuster to help with sieges. "Support" powers that can just delete enemies with a click and no risk involved are a poor design choice, IMHO,  and making them a pillar of faction balancing is doubly so, but that's just the way it is.

Should China have an infantry unit that acts as radio operators to signal the Centurion where to attack beyond conventional range?

#5086 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 05:45 AM

Centurion deletes buildings as it is. There's no need to make it even more busted

Edited by Handepsilon, 17 November 2021 - 05:45 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#5087 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 07:32 PM

I don't know many others have this issue, but I get random crashes every once in a while. Losing progress because of this hurts. An autosave feature would help.

On a different topic, there is no reason why the PsiCorps Repulsor should be buildable in Infantry Only. 

Edited by Divine, 19 November 2021 - 08:03 PM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#5088 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 19 November 2021 - 10:11 PM

If you are getting crashes, you should post the logs in the proper thread or on our Discord's support section. Still, if they're random they are probably related to graphics and you should switch renderers to something like CnC-DDraw if you haven't already. Good point with the Repulsor, it will be locked in that mode in the next patch.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#5089 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 05:57 PM

Should a new game type appear?

Assassination? Eliminate a VIP while preserving your own. As long as you still have your VIP you have not lost.

#5090 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 08:26 PM

Assassination? Eliminate a VIP while preserving your own. As long as you still have your VIP you have not lost.

It exists, the VIP is a flag, and the game mode is called Assault. You can even play it against the AI in Skirmish.

#5091 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 04:19 PM

It exists, the VIP is a flag, and the game mode is called Assault. You can even play it against the AI in Skirmish.

No. A moving mission critical unit is different from a static mission critical structure.

#5092 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 03:25 AM

I have a feeling that's gonna be a race of 'who's gonna make jet spam first'

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#5093 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 09:15 PM

I have a feeling that's gonna be a race of 'who's gonna make jet spam first'

A Cloaked VIP would encourage unit composition of detectors and head-hunters if that was the case.

#5094 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 12:49 AM

Yeah uh....

Nobody wants to be that one guy who had to search in the corner of the map for that one last cloaked unit.

It's also not like people plays Assault or Capture the Flag that much anyways. I just don't see the kind of game being popular

Edited by Handepsilon, 09 December 2021 - 12:51 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#5095 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 10 December 2021 - 09:09 AM

Suggestion about Blasticade and Nanofiber Sync
- Make Nanofiber Sync Foehn's support super weapon instead of Blasticade. For Blasticade, remove it or put it on regular tech. Or just keep it for campaign.
- Make both Deviatress and Duplicant trainable instead of being synced infantry since they are mostly different units than what they were before synced. Suggested prerequisites:
Barracks + Cyberkernel -> Deviatress
Barracks + Reprocessor -> Duplicant
- Give Huntress and Clairvoyant new synced versions which is powerful version of these units rather than completely different units. As well as for Deviatress and Duplicant.

(I have writed that first in discord because of Blasticade's unrepairable nature and writing here once again for it's to be archived.)

footer.jpg

#5096 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 10 December 2021 - 01:50 PM

Nanofiber Sync will not be made available that late into the game.

We have plans of significant improvements for the Blasticade system, it's just a matter of time.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#5097 Ultra7

Ultra7
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 01:29 PM

Here's a few suggestions since playing 3.3.6. USA is one of the most improved factions, I still remember in 3.0 where they were basically junk and not many played them (at least in our games lol)  I do suggest maybe they could get some reinforcements once the warpshop is up same with PF.(I really like how the warshop has become a very useful building now) Also suggest maybe increasing the range ever so slightly to deploy KingSnakes and maybe add the Lionheart bomber call from the campaign for EA or the allied factions in general. For Soviets I mainly just see China having trouble against Foehn especailly when their infantry is sycn'd. I suggest they need something that's like the motor quad that has a tiny bit of range bringing back voltmortor (since they had really cool deploy animation!), retweaking them as t3 infantry, no cloak and replace the tesla shells with DU shells to help with clearing infantry, tanks and maybe light buildings but not replace Centurion as main artillery, maybe call these Rad Mortors or something. With Epslion it seems HQ still very weak and a lot of us have been commenting on that, the Colossus might have been nerfed just a tad too much, also they feel like their still missing one last unit to finish them off, I was thinking since HQ is into a lot of genetic things that you create something of a equivalent to the Plague Splatter but call it "Gene Splicer" a slow moderately armored artillery tank that fires canister of the mutation gas, this would fit the lore nicely and help with when a player masses infantry, it can still be kind of crappy against buildings so doesn't replace the stalkers but helps back them up. I also suggest that Epslion needs a few more support powers because I counted all the factions SP's and they have the least, maybe HQ has some planes they can call in that drop mutation gas, maybe reinforcements that you can call in thru driller or summon. Finally with Foehn the number one thing is nerfing the heck out of Condors. Next is the bounty hunter feature needs to be nerfed some because it can make them very rich which I understand they probably need but it allows them too much economic power at times. Their infantry is one of the main nightmares, I'd suggest nerfing the immunity to radiation this is major problem with China especially, also when their infantry are sycn'd they should at least be able to emp them, they're still machine like even if they are more fused with it so perhaps just tweaking emp length so it's not as long as normal on their sychn'ed infantry to balance that out. Same with mutation gas. I could rant and rave about Foehn but I won't, the last thing is the Draco rushes they're so predicable but still at times hard to counter, suggest changing the randomizer on them so they don't always deploy a flying unit since sometimes a player will sacrifice all their Dracos so they can just sneak attack from the air. Thank you for taking the time to read my feedback. 

Edited by Ultra7, 11 December 2021 - 01:43 PM.

#5098 Ultra7

Ultra7
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 01:29 PM

Delete this one not sure why it double posted.

Edited by Ultra7, 15 December 2021 - 01:16 PM.

#5099 Moonreaper666

Moonreaper666
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 04:05 AM

Alternate 'What-If' missions?

Like what if the Soviet Commander became loyal to Yuri during Mission 6 and after?

What if the Latin Confederation shared Cloning tech with Russia prior to Rahn's origin mission?

#5100 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 24 December 2021 - 03:25 PM

Suggestion about epsi - epsi stolen tech

- Make Dybbuk-Seizer a campaign-only unit.

- Add Ganzir(ofc with adjustments) or something else that uses firepower rather than a MC instead of Seizer for epsi-epsi stolen unit.

Let's face it Seizer is useless in most situations, especially on epsi mirror

footer.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users