Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5116 replies to this topic

#5101 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 24 December 2021 - 04:26 PM

I'd be down for some anti-infantry stuff for Epsilon considering their emphasis on infantry more than armor.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#5102 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:18 PM

footer.jpg

#5103 CainStar

CainStar
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 11:10 PM

Could you make the campaign maps, that have timers have more time, on casual difficulty?

#5104 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 05:44 AM

Doesn't it already have more time than higher difficulty?

I mean yeah, Fatal Impact as Casual still has pretty tough timer, but still

Edited by Handepsilon, 07 February 2022 - 05:45 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#5105 CainStar

CainStar
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 01:11 PM

Doesn't it already have more time than higher difficulty?

Don't know about that.......didn't really want to try any of the harder difficulties.

I just mean it would nice to just "experience" the campaign, without rush, as the map designs are awsome, and there are gamers like me, who hate the beign rushed. After all casual should be casual, and if somebody likes more of a challenge then they can try harder difficulty right? Besides there are a lot awsome units too MO, and I would like to "experiment" with different stradegies on different maps, but with the timers the only real solution, so you can actually win, is just to create huge number of tanks and simply "roll over" the enemy, which in my mind is not really "fun". 

Plus it would be nice if in many of the maps, where you get to build a base, the last objective would be to destroy/kill all units. Like I really would have liked to have had the opportunity to destroy all enemies in the epsilon mission where you capture the MIDAS units, and kill Romanov.

Edited by CainStar, 07 February 2022 - 01:15 PM.

#5106 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 01:56 AM

Plus it would be nice if in many of the maps, where you get to build a base, the last objective would be to destroy/kill all units.

Huh, I actually remembered that people don't like this aspect since it dragged the mission too long.

The Conqueror isn't really a place where this makes sense lore-wise though, especially with the Psychic Beacon planted at the end of the mission. Epsilon doesn't want to destroy the entire place, only dominates it.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#5107 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 22 March 2022 - 12:17 PM

The Iron Dragon is considered by many to be an outright game-winning, broken stolen tech unit. If nerfing its weapon is not an option, then nerfing its death effect is the next best option.

As it stands right now, destroying an Iron Dragon causes other units near it to be invulnerable temporarily, which punishes and frustrates the enemy player more than it benefits them. Therefore, why not let the death effect do the opposite instead?

By causing its death effect to heavily damage nearby units, I can foresee the following outcomes:

- High risk high reward, can potentially punish the stolen tech player for relying on only Iron Dragons but also keep the overpowered feeling of a stolen tech unit

- A chain reaction that can result in the destruction of the stolen tech player's entire blob, which is satisfying to see for the enemy player

- MO needs more of the spectacular chain reactions that are reminiscent of Tiberian Dawn Grenadiers and Red Alert 1 Flamethrowers spam, wouldn't you agree?

hT8PHUN.gif

#5108 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 April 2022 - 01:14 AM

Should low power result in all robotic units going offline?

#5109 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 April 2022 - 12:19 PM

Low power is already punishing enough, so no

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#5110 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 06:57 PM

Low power is already punishing enough, so no

how so?

#5111 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 10:54 AM

50% slowed production, which in multiplayer pretty much slows down your entire production, including making a new power plant to fix said problem. By the time you do, your opponent would already be far ahead of you

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#5112 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 06:41 PM

50% slowed production, which in multiplayer pretty much slows down your entire production, including making a new power plant to fix said problem. By the time you do, your opponent would already be far ahead of you

How would 25% SP be in MP?

#5113 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 01:38 AM

Eeeh, if the other thing is turning off all robotic units, then no. Doesn't feel like it's worth doing. A lot of spy detection relies on robots. That drawback was one of the thing that kept me from using Robot Tanks at all in vanilla YR

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#5114 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 07 July 2022 - 04:44 PM

Suggestion about Cloning Vats and Epsilon Infantry Costs

- Make Epsilon infantry cheaper in general, especially the Infiltrator(it supposed to be 1000 like other espionage inf).

- Make Cloning Vats increase the values of all infantries if player has one. I would suggest around %25-%40 increase.

(I have writed that in discord more than a few times and writing here once again for it's to be archived.)

costs.png
[Suggested cost changes with CV's +%25 cost increase.]

footer.jpg

#5115 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 08 July 2022 - 02:09 AM

Orcinus and Golden Wind, what do these two have in common? Currently, both are underused even in a PvP setting, since one negatively affects both the user and their enemies, and the other not only requires a superweapon that is already the least used minor superweapon, but is also objectively weaker than other armor modifiers (to compare, Golden Wind gives +30% armor while Thor Gunship deploy gives +50% armor for free and can be used anytime.  

So here's my proposition: Merge these two into one reworked unit: It has the Orcinus' stats and appearance, but instead of an area-of-effect weapons jamming when deployed, it grants the Golden Wind buff without needing the original Golden Wind support power. Even if the Golden Wind armor buff value is unchanged, it will definitely see more use now that it purely benefits the user AND it retains what the Orcinus was originally designed for according to its lore: to support infantry-based combat. 

hT8PHUN.gif

#5116 flack

flack
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 06:14 AM

Please make coop single player playable. No one plays them these days so it takes forever to wait for a partner.

#5117 irkalla_flying_fortress

irkalla_flying_fortress
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2023 - 03:47 AM

please add a destructible Dybbuk Hive for Epsilon as a defensive structure. Gehenna platforms are cool but their tendency to run off on their own is so annoying. Maybe balance it by making it expensive (3000$), consuming loads of base power & limiting it to 3 Dybbuk Hive per base?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users