Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#841 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:37 AM

Seems unnecessary, it will require much more graphics and time which could be used for better things.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#842 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:43 AM

I guess that's true... if only I can draw voxel arts.

#843 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:55 AM

I see Volkov keeps his ability to shoot through cliff. I guess it was necessary for Noise Severe eh?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#844 siegelad

siegelad
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

I suggest putting the campaign colour of China in skirmish and multiplayer. Or is the colour on the map not bright enough?

You meant this colour? 

BBTsmiz.png

Let there be light!

#845 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:14 AM

Yeah, that is the one.

#846 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

I see Volkov keeps his ability to shoot through cliff. I guess it was necessary for Noise Severe eh?

Do we had to protest that? It's a visual problem or so.

Anyways I do wish if they allow the Garrisoned AA/AT units to able to attack aerial units while garrisoned. I do remember in Generals and Tiberium Wars since their rocket troopers can do it.

3qPyjQ8.png

#847 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:59 PM

Its impossible without making entire garrison able to attack air untis. Suddenly you lose bunch of air units to lancers in garrisons.

#848 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

Its impossible without making entire garrison able to attack air untis. Suddenly you lose bunch of air units to lancers in garrisons.

Not really. Unless its another data thing

3qPyjQ8.png

#849 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:13 PM

Either all units in the garrison can fire at aircraft or none. So I picked the none option.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#850 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:34 PM

Do we had to protest that? It's a visual problem or so.

Well not really, it's just that I used it to cheese out the Lunatic by using Volkov to shoot the Beacon down.

Also, higher elevation is usually advantage, so it's not really just visual, if that's what you're saying.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#851 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

I'll just... camp here and listen to the 'complaints' made on the missions and skirmish meta. Because holy molly the insanity that is my missions are coming soon, and I need to hurry. D:

Speeder will be like, WHERE ARE YOUR MISSIONS, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR TOO LONG.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#852 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

After Hysteria, I realized that I'm really rude when angry, so I'll just prepare videos of the T-Rex screaming from Jurassic Park to indicate my rage about your maps :V

#853 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  •  Just a warmongering peacekeeper...

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

That reminds me... are the credits in the MO website not updated yet? (I'm checking for map scripters as an advanced warning now... :p)

Don't mind me, I'm just pretty broke nowadays...

Spoiler

#854 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

Website has not been updated to reflect 3.3.1 changes yet, except for the addition of Nautilus' profile.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#855 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:23 PM

Spoiler alert: 3.3.1 missions were not done by me. You can breathe easy.

I also like those missions. Although the AI have glaring weaknesses (the AI is forever the weak spot in all the campaign), the variety of the missions is a good mix.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#856 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:33 PM

I say Act 2 have been a better mix of missions than Act 1 so far. They also feel somewhat more polished and forgiving on Easy.

#857 DarkEmblem

DarkEmblem

MO Balance's Nemesis

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:48 PM

I still think the megaarena buff applied to megalodons is too strong. I don't mind the armor buff, but the fact that it immediately kills infantry upon touch is a bit too much. Especially against epsilon, which doesn't have as much firepower in their units as other factions to take out the megalodons before they reach their infantry. Not only that, but epsilon is quite reliant on infantry aswell. You only need like 2-5 megalodons + megaarena to take out the entire opposing infantry army, 5 megalodons being quite a high number for the job. Crush all the infantry, and your reprocessor banks all that dank cash aswell.

There is hardly any way to do anything with your infantry other than letting them die. Scattering your infantry using "X" hardly helps either. The fact that megaarena will always be BEHIND the opposing army, doesn't exactly make it easier to destroy.

I played a match against ooo today as China. I had some nuwa's, a centurion, some standard tanks some dragonflies some terror drones and quite some teslas,pyros and flaktroopers and would it not have been for the current megaarena, i'd have destroyed his army.  Sadly only 3 megalodons killed my entire infantry army, with only one dying during the process of them stampeding everything. Using scatter didn't matter at all. Yes, I did kill a lot of his army, but the megaarena gave him too much of an unfair advantage in my opinion. 

I don't believe the way to "deal with this" should be "Not creating infantry" inb4 said reply.

#858 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

Can't you use Magnetron to stop them?

Or maybe using Dybbuk - A?

Also not sure how effective Colossus' damage is, but if I remember correctly their damage is quite high against armored ones.

#859 DarkEmblem

DarkEmblem

MO Balance's Nemesis

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:16 AM

Can't you use Magnetron to stop them?

Or maybe using Dybbuk - A?

Also not sure how effective Colossus' damage is, but if I remember correctly their damage is quite high against armored ones.

Only Psicorps have magnetrons, but for a support power megaarena is way too powerful. Something shouldn't be able to completely obliberate infantry in mere seconds.

Also, epsilon air sucks pretty hard, and it's hard to kill them with  dyabuks when there are knightframes all around. Especially when dyabuks don't drop their ammo on the target all at once, but it keeps flying around the target while shooting at it, which takes too much time.
Idk about colossus, I never play HQ, but I am pretty sure collosuses can't kill megalodons before they killed more than half of your infantry army yet, unless you may heavily spam the colossus. And a spam of just one unit is easily countered and way too big of an investment.

For the cost of 1500, the megaarena is incredibly powerful. Not only does it completely counter every infantry unit, but megaarena is hard to actually destroy and it even affects teammates aswell. It's range is quite large and it even allows the megalodon to move quicker. Not to mention, the megalodon without the buff is already a great unit on its own, even without the buff it's pretty quick and does high damage against pretty much everything. It's certainly not something any other support power could be compared to.

Edited by DarkEmblem, 01 March 2017 - 01:18 AM.

#860 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:39 AM

I agree, it is too strong. Maybe reduce its area? I think the insta kill on infantry is a nice feature -i mean a fun one- but the circule it draws is too damn big

nerf: Megaarena speed buff from 12 to 10, armor buff from 2x to 1.5x, range from 20 to 18

Was 20 and 18 now.. should be much more small in my eyes

Edited by TeslaCruiser, 01 March 2017 - 02:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users