[Red Alert 3] "Connection Failed 1-2"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 I3LiTZ

I3LiTZ
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

Hello, I posted my problem in gamereplays.org's RA3 technical support forums.

• The version of RA3 that I am using is the standard edition from a store-bought CD (not Ultimate or First Decade Edition, neither downloaded from Steam or Origin).
  • The error I have is the "connection failed" error between many other players and me, and there have been only two or three people to who I could successfully connect (see linked GR.org thread).
  • I am using Windows 10, my hardware is from 2014.
  • Error log file from %TEMP% says:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Alarmstufe Rot 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 8208
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
CA public key is expected value.
Successfully patched CA public key.
*** Starting hostname hooking routine ***
Injecting DLL into game.dat process...
Result of injection: Code -1073741582

• I attached a screenshot of the message from the connection diagnostic tool. The last line is in German and simply translates to "Press any key . . ."

ConnectionDiagnosticTool.png

What I have tried from the things suggested in the Common Issues & Solutions → CONNECTION ISSUES thread:

• Solution 1: I'm not using the Ultimate Collection.
  • Solution 2: Has nothing to do with RA3.
  • Solution 3: My Windows firewall already makes an exception for Red Alert 3. I can't find any other application named "C&C:Online", "Revora" or anything close to that in the list of (un)authorised Windows firewall exceptions. I turned my other firewall or internet security or whatever that is (avast) off, and I still got the "connection failed" error when I was trying to play online.
  • Solution 4: I'm sure I don't have Hamachi or Tunngle or similar services installed. Don't know what "similar services" means, but I haven't played with this computer in a LAN session and had no need to have installed services of that type.
  • Solution 5b: Did that, still get the "connection failed" error.
  • Solution 6: Doesn't work for me. I tried accessing my router, but then the router demanded a password. I tried all the passwords that I had for that kind of application, and it still told me it was invalid. It was suggested that I reset my router, however, the router is probably not the problem I think. I'm a noob and also very careful if it comes to playing around with my internet-access hardware. It basically works like this:
socketed wall >> cryptic, black and dusty box with three blinking lights on it, possibly possessed by demonic spirit >> router >> my computer
                                                                                                                          v
                                                                                                                          v
                                                                                                                     wireless LAN

I can't access the one malevolent black box. I have played around with it in the past and the box decided to cut of internet access for a week before the internet service provider fixed it. The malevolent black box has a password, too, I think, but nobody knows it, although that's probably the very password that the router wants from me. The last time a technician fixed it, after like thirty minutes of tinkering it suddenly worked for no reason whatsoever. Everyone was relieved and the technician left. Anyway, changing anything here is not up for discussion.

--- EDIT ---

There is another peculiar thing in the Windows firewall exception list. There is an app called RA3 (in addition to the one named "Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3" further up) and if I click on details, the properties box says "connection failed 1-2". It's in German, but I translated the necessary things:

RA3problem.png

Edited by I3LiTZ, 18 December 2016 - 02:59 PM.

#2 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts
  •  C&C:Online Red Alert 3 Player~

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

Hi, please double-check that you have edited correctly your Options.ini, you need to delete FirewallPortOverride = 0.

Secondly, please go to Game Settings - Network, and make sure your IP address in the game settings is the same as your real local IP address, which are 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x; You can also try to select those IP addresses and save your settings;

the username / password for routers is usually "admin";

If nothing above help you, you can still try to use a VPN; when you are using VPNs, please choose VPN's IP address (instead of your real local IP addresses, which are 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x) in Game's network settings.

post-219586-1446648251.png

#3 I3LiTZ

I3LiTZ
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:40 PM

I have edited the Options.ini and deleted that one line. I selected put my IP address in the in-game settings. Still "connection failed 1-2".

Using "admin" as my router's username and password didn't work, I had tried that before.

I can't get this VPN thing done ... I keep getting what is referred to as VPN error 800 and VPN error 691.

--- EDIT ---

I also turned off all firewalls and enabled UPnP, still "connection failed 1-2".

Edited by I3LiTZ, 18 December 2016 - 11:54 PM.

#4 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:59 PM

Normally you should be able to find your router's username/password on router itself, on its packing box or on its user manual.

You may have typed VPN server name / credentials incorrectly, I've googled a bit for you:

VPN error 800: https://www.lifewire...ror-800-3971315

VPN erro 691: https://social.techn...itpronetworking

#5 I3LiTZ

I3LiTZ
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

Yeah well, I already googled those errors myself and read several different solutions, but it simply won't work. I even tested connecting to some German university's VPN for which I found the login credentials and that worked, but it won't if I set up the VPN for myself. It must be either the black box or the router that are blocking the VPN (I know there is an internal firewall in one of them).

Once again I tried to access my router by factory-resetting it as instructed by the manufacturer, and yet it still demands a motherf♥♥♥ing password, although even the support website of the manufacturer himself says that it should definitely not ask for a password after the reset.

By the way you were right, there was a PIN printed on the bottom of my router, but it was invalid as well.

I've wasted like eight hours trying to fix this, but I have enough now and will give up.

#6 I3LiTZ

I3LiTZ
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:35 PM

Update:

I got the game working properly and already played a match. The DMZ thing seems to work!

The story, so that I don't look like an idiot: My router is ten years old and the imprinted descriptions (what each button will do) is not visible anymore. The button that I had pressed restarts the router, but it's not the reset button. The reset button is a super tiny hole at the back that I had to poke with a needle. My router was reset successfully and I could access it, but I couldn't log into the network / internet again. It turned out that my login data was incorrect, because -- without telling me -- my internet service provider changed my login username from I3LiTZ@blabla-tel to I3LiTZ@blabla-net only because they changed their company name from shitty-ISP-tel to shitty-ISP-net beforehand.

Thank you, Viper, for trying to help me, even though it didn't matter after all. :)

Edited by I3LiTZ, 20 December 2016 - 10:38 PM.

#7 Sotirios01

Sotirios01
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

I have the same problem and can't fight against the most other players Online, I need fastly help!

thx ;D

I have an Easybox and sometimes I can fight, sometimes (most) not. I dont know what to do :/

Edited by Sotirios01, 03 January 2017 - 07:05 PM.

#8 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:43 AM

I have the same problem and can't fight against the most other players Online, I need fastly help!

thx ;D

I have an Easybox and sometimes I can fight, sometimes (most) not. I dont know what to do :/

Hi, please read carefully all those posts above your reply, and please also read the pinned threads How to report issues & Common Issues & Solutions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users