#21 hxazgalor

hxazgalor

Rear Admiral, 17th Imperial Fleet

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Projects:MO Wikia, Fan Fiction Works on AO3
  •  Writer/Thinker/Gamer

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:46 AM

Made some small edits to the Stryker IFV's page. Suggestions and comments are most welcome :)

I Write Stuff. Sorta.

AO3: https://archiveofour...vericklaw/works

#22 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega APYR Wiki
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:49 AM

Just a note for each unit's page section:

1. Description: The unit's description, taken from MO website (though one may add few things that are missing and fixing grammatical errors).
  2. Overview: The overview of the unit's function and performance, which also includes tactics/strategies and counters.
  3. Appearance: This section is optional, which gives details about the unit's notable appearance in campaign, cooperative and multiplayer (not as player units).
  4. Assessment: The unit's pros and cons.
  5. Quotes: Self-explanatory.
  6. Trivia: Self-explanatory. Unit resemblance to units in other games/real life and references are put here.

I'm now working to add the rest of Allied units and structures, then moving on to Soviet ones. As for the Attack Dog and Engineer, a page detailing its info for each faction (Allies and Soviets for Attack Dog, and all four factions for Engineer) had to be made, so it'll be done much later.

EDIT: All Allied infantry pages are added and done. I'll soon move on to units and structures.

Edited by nikitazero678, 25 December 2016 - 07:35 AM.

#23 hxazgalor

hxazgalor

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  Writer/Thinker/Gamer

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:33 AM

I hope Speeder doesn't mind me making edits to the unit descriptions. They're now a little bit more different compared to the ones you find on the official website :S

I Write Stuff. Sorta.

#24 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 25 December 2016 - 07:34 AM

I've asked him through PM and are waiting for the answer, but I guess it'll be okay, as we are doing efforts for MO's community anyway.

Now adding the rest of Allied vehicles, then moving on to structures + support powers. More help is always welcome.

Only Allied T3 and naval vehicles that are not yet added. Had to take a rest for a while, and complete the list afterwards.

EDIT: Just as I finished making an navbox and reorganizing the unit infobox, Speeder replied to my PM: he said that there will be an official wiki in MO's official website in the future, and he'd prefer any data on the website to stay there. He said the official wiki will be up in several weeks or so - for now it would be best to keep the Wikia one expand a little bit, as an interim and just in case. Once the official wiki is up, we'll shift our focus and efforts to the official one.

Edited by nikitazero678, 25 December 2016 - 02:26 PM.

#25 Steelpoint

Steelpoint
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:17 PM

I'm mostly satisfied with the homepage sublinks and the faction arsenal pages, I've also expanded to a extent a few of the campaign mission pages. 

#26 hxazgalor

hxazgalor

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  Writer/Thinker/Gamer

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:02 AM

Just as I finished making an navbox and reorganizing the unit infobox, Speeder replied to my PM: he said that there will be an official wiki in MO's official website in the future, and he'd prefer any data on the website to stay there. He said the official wiki will be up in several weeks or so - for now it would be best to keep the Wikia one expand a little bit, as an interim and just in case. Once the official wiki is up, we'll shift our focus and efforts to the official one.

I don't get it. So edits we make here will merely be a stop-gap thing until the official one is up? Then what about the stuff we did here? :whatoa: I'm confused.

The "he'd prefer any data on the website to stay there" part especially confuses me. Or does he mean the edits here will be transferred to the official wiki?

EDIT: Would be nice if Speeder himself could inform us what he means. At least we can know what's needed next.

Edited by hxazgalor, 26 December 2016 - 03:07 AM.

I Write Stuff. Sorta.

#27 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:21 AM

Here's what Speeder says on his PM to me, just to make things understandable and clear:

Yes, I am aware of it and I asked that it would not be contributed further upon on wikia.com and a note was placed on its front page that one would appear on the official website int he future. I'd prefer to create a wiki with the help of others at mentalomega.com in a similar fashion that Mig Eater has produced his on dday.migeater.net (D-day wiki on the left) or RA3 Paradox wiki, with moderators and admin to control the content, so that no inaccuracy would appear on it and people would not vandalize the wiki once it becomes well-known among the community.

Since we were busy with the release itself in recent months, give me a few weeks time to establish a wiki on the website. I'd prefer the website's content to stay on the website, even if in wiki-fied format.

#28 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

M.A.D.M.A.N within your vicinity

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  A random Harrier jet taxiing around

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:54 AM

I'll certainly hope that I can contribute to the official wiki.
Spoiler

#29 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:48 AM

So do I. Even if I'm not made an admin, I'll contribute by watching over the articles and make sure the official wiki stays good.

Once the official wiki is made, we'll move on our focus from the Wikia one to the official one.

#30 hxazgalor

hxazgalor

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  Writer/Thinker/Gamer

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:41 PM

If they assign us as part of their official wiki team, that's quite an honor for me :O I've never been part of anything like this before. Hoping for good news then

I Write Stuff. Sorta.

#31 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:30 PM

Fingers Crossed....
Spoiler

#32 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

We may be able to use the Wikia one's layout for the official one once it's up.

Just keep editing the wiki for a bit, I already told Speeder that we'll keep working on it as an interim until the official wiki is made.

#33 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:35 AM

If Speeder wants how MigEater does in his D-day wiki, it will be a whole lot different. Not sure that Speeder will want the wiki in his own format or wikified format...
Spoiler

#34 hxazgalor

hxazgalor

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  Writer/Thinker/Gamer

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:16 PM

Looking forward to it :D

I Write Stuff. Sorta.

#35 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

I am going to go on a writing rampage, wish me luck.

Spoiler

#36 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

I've added a template for Epsilon and Foehn arsenal as well as articles of Uragan and Fin + Alize.

Remember to use existing articles as a base for making new ones and keeping others organized neatly.

#37 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:17 PM

In case someone would have problems with unit quotes and felt like putting question marks for harder to decipher words of the quote, these two videos should help with some of them: 

Mental Omega 3.0 Voice-over showcase #1

Mental Omega 3.0 Voice-over showcase #2

Some other 3.0 unit quotes (all of 3.0 actually)

I hope I am not getting banned for the third link as it has appeared on this subforum several times and does not contain 3.3 unit quotes.

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#38 Steelpoint

Steelpoint
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:16 PM

Wiki's going along well.

Amongst other things I've created a 'Third World War' page to chronicle Act 1 of the game. Its a good start.

#39 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Mapper and Mix Hacker

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  •  No, I don't main PsiCorps. I suck at it.

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:33 PM

Some other 3.0 unit quotes (all of 3.0 actually)

I hope I am not getting banned for the third link as it has appeared on this subforum several times and does not contain 3.3 unit quotes.

Some of these quotes are cut or repurposed (example being Plague Splatter ("Why yes I am in fact.... down with the sickness"), Volkov ("I come and they run") and Rahn's 2 Fear speeches being used for Selected ("So, you think you can compete?") and Attack ("Haha, a worthy specimen!")).

Pyro's quote is not even visible though (being a Team Fortress 2 mercenary), although the punctuation and tone seems to resemble mildly recognizable speech, for example, "Go go go" or "Uh huh"

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

(Sorry for any double posts, my mobile browser is messed up atm)

#40 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,636 posts
  • Projects:Multiple projects at Croteam

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

Volkov's craving back Stalin's pants is gone too... :(

Also, isn't the war in Act 1 called as the "Third Great War?", as the RA1 war was called as the "Second Great War". It is a sort of a historical convention, as before WW2, WW1 was called as "The Great War".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users