CnC3 doesnt launch in windows 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ralphe2449

ralphe2449
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:13 PM

Installed cnc3 from origin, updated to latest patch i assume, using windows 10 and i heard this is a common issue but didnt find any solution, already try run as administrator, disable ingame origin and compatibility mode

the cnc3 logo appears for 5-8 seconds and then disappears and nothing happens.

Edit:

They are from origin's ultimate collection.

I also just tried to use the c&c ultimate collection launchers fix but only red alert 3 is clickable, the rest are great as if they arent installed?(cnc4 isnt visible either even though it is installed and playable like red alert 3)

Error log

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: C&C3
C&C3 Install Path: H:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\
Started game with: "CNC3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from C&C3. Detaching...
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

Edited by ralphe2449, 31 December 2016 - 12:44 PM.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

I think the problem is caused by your attempt to patch the game. That version comes patched to the latest official patch, so you've probably corrupted something. I suggest a complete reinstall, I'm afraid. When you've done that, reinstall the C&C Ultimate Collection Launchers and attempt another launch. If that fails, please report back and post your new error log or, hopefully, come back and let us know that it's working.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 ralphe2449

ralphe2449
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

Will try to just in case but i am not as hopeful, i havent managed to patch anything since the C&C ultimate collection launchers only applies to the games you choose, and at the time i used it, i only had red alert 3 installed and it was the only game i could patch, that was like a month ago. Now that i installed cnc3 and kane's wrath the launcher fix didnt seem to detect them so i couldnt patch them even if i wanted.

Maybe something got corrupted because i installed kane's wrath first before cnc3 since i forgot it wasnt stand alone.

Should i try to open it without the launcher fix or after it is installed immediately try to apply the ultimate collection launcher file?

EDIT: Reinstalling sadly didnt fix anything it i am afraid.

It does the same thing, logo appears for 5-8 seconds and then nothing, same log file error as before.

I cant use the launcher fix because i get this http://i.imgur.com/FOekfWE.png

The weird thing is cnc4 is playable and is installed but it isnt visible there either.

And for some reason when you choose "create desktop icon" for the game you are about to install, no icon of cnc3, cnc4, kane's wrath has appeared in desktop at all, origin is on run as administration just in case but i really am unsure where the issue is now

Edited by ralphe2449, 31 December 2016 - 05:04 PM.

#4 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 31 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

Alright. Can you try hooking (see Common Issues & Solutions under "Launcher Issues") Tiberium Wars, making sure that you're running the launcher as administrator when you do that? I am sorry, I had rather misunderstood what you posted initially because it looks like your installation of TW is the stand alone installation (rather than the Ultimate Collection version).

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#5 ralphe2449

ralphe2449
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:03 PM

Yeah the cnc online launcher had always been "run as administrator" from the beginning. Double checked just now again. Get the same error as the beginning.

And it should be the ultimate collection version unless origin works differently, i bought the ultimate collection version but i get to choose what game to download, cnc 3 and kane's wrath are 2 different downloads etc.

Any idea why the cnc ultimate collection launcher fix doesnt find the games, how exactly does it search for them in case you got any idea? Because i have installed, ra3+rising, cnc4, cnc3, kane's wrath yet it only sees ra3+rising, and for some weird reason origin has only created a desktop icon for ra3. Could origin be causing some issue where it doesnt register the game or finish the last steps of the installation or something?

EDIT: Yeah it was some origin issue, i bought it in steam since it was just 5Eu for both and i was able to play without any issues

I see you are also in gamereplays too, could you answer those 3 questions in this thread, all the new maps are from those 3 different map packs in a stickied thread right?

Edited by ralphe2449, 31 December 2016 - 06:58 PM.

#6 Bibber

Bibber
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:59 AM

The launcher setup only detects Ultimate Collection versions, but you installed the standalone ones (referring to the install path you posted). These are different game IDs in Origin. My launchers are for Ultimate Collection only, not for the standalone ones as they dont need them.

sig_bibbersurft.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users