Photo

Can't go Online C&C3 (game.dat process not found, CA Patching, Backend server)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Lan_EX

Lan_EX
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:13 PM

First of all, you work is really amazing. Giving the opportunity to old-school RTS players enjoy their relics again. Thank you.

a friend of mine is already enjoying it, so that's why I'm giving it a try.

Ok, I'm a Win 7 x64 user, owner of an Origin version of C&C3 (and others, but I prefer this game better)

So, I create an account, set up the IDs, download the launcher, hooked the game and try it and got stuck

At first I've got the "CA public key patching routine failed" so I tried Win XP SP3 and SP2 compatibility mode and admin mode, it didn't worked.

I got this error message

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: C&C3
C&C3 Install Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\
Started game with: "CNC3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from C&C3. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 5180
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
ERROR: Reading process memory failed. Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: Reading process memory failed. Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

ERROR: CA public key differs from expected value. Not patching.
ERROR: CA public key patching routine failed.

Then I pushed the game client to get in (with the game hooked and unhooked), only to found a "can't connect to backend server" which at this point maybe is not a surprise, yet I tried a piece of advice with the SecurityKISS program and also fidling with the firewall I found in other thread. One thing I noticed is that the game only launches correctly when unhooked, otherwise, it doesn't start with the cnconline launcher

C&C3 Install Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\
Found game.dat process. PID 3100
CA public key is expected value.
Successfully patched CA public key.
*** Starting hostname hooking routine ***
Injecting DLL into game.dat process...
Result of injection: Code -1073741582

Maybe it is worth pointing out that after this happened, I tried without Origin Client active, however, I did disable its in-game functionality and got the same error messages. So I pulled the error log, and then I got lost with this.

Found game.dat process. PID 1516
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

Anyway, I appreciate any help on the matter regardless  :thumbsuphappy:

Edited by Lan_EX, 03 January 2017 - 04:40 PM.

#2 Crabclaw

Crabclaw
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:21 AM

I am at the same stage and will follow the progress

#3 Claymore92

Claymore92
  • Project Team
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

When you got the "CA public key patching routine failed" error, were you trying to start the game through its own shortcut or did you run it through C&C Online? It may sound a bit strange but at least when it comes to the Steam versions of the game, they need to be hooked to work properly but when you want to start the game you need to click on its own shortcut and then on C&C 3 when C&C Online opens.

#4 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

I think hooking may help in this case too. See Common Issues & Solutions under "Launcher Issues".

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#5 Lan_EX

Lan_EX
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:08 AM

Well, thank you for your ideas, here goes what I've applied so far.

btw, I'm trying with the launcher hooked, in-game origin overlay disabled, launcher and game shortcut set with admin privileges

I tried launching the game by clicking the game shortcut first, then cnc launcher and finally origin client

I clicked on the game shortcut, the launcher opened so I clicked on launch, which somehow opened another launcher that finally led me to the game.

Game ran, yet online resulted in the backend server pop-up error

Started game with: ""D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\RetailExe\1.9\..\..\CNC3.exe" -config "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\CNC3_english_1.9.SkuDef"  -ead_gl_nogenerate "

Well, at least there is no CA public key error this time. (I noticed it only happens when I click on the cnc launcher before the game shortcut.
Edit: For some reason now appears the ca public key error.

I wonder why the launcher gets opened twice before running the actual game.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on any other comments on this. Thank you :)

Edited by Lan_EX, 07 January 2017 - 03:12 AM.

#6 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts
  •  C&C:Online Red Alert 3 Player~

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:34 PM

Well, thank you for your ideas, here goes what I've applied so far.

btw, I'm trying with the launcher hooked, in-game origin overlay disabled, launcher and game shortcut set with admin privileges

I tried launching the game by clicking the game shortcut first, then cnc launcher and finally origin client

I clicked on the game shortcut, the launcher opened so I clicked on launch, which somehow opened another launcher that finally led me to the game.

Game ran, yet online resulted in the backend server pop-up error

Started game with: ""D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\RetailExe\1.9\..\..\CNC3.exe" -config "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\CNC3_english_1.9.SkuDef"  -ead_gl_nogenerate "

Well, at least there is no CA public key error this time. (I noticed it only happens when I click on the cnc launcher before the game shortcut.
Edit: For some reason now appears the ca public key error.

I wonder why the launcher gets opened twice before running the actual game.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on any other comments on this. Thank you :)

Can you try to run Origin first, then start the (hooked) game (and the launcher) from shortcut?

post-219586-1446648251.png

#7 Lan_EX

Lan_EX
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:57 AM

Can you try to run Origin first, then start the (hooked) game (and the launcher) from shortcut?

Ok :p It looks similar to what I usually do though

Origin started, clicked on game shortcut, launcher appeared, ignore it and clicked on the launcher shortcut.

it opened the launcher window, clicked on C&C3, it opened another launcher window and the game splash screen

As the game failed to launch, I click on the second launcher window button, resulted in backend server error

njection: Code -1073741582

I re-tried and the CA patching started to pop up :/
Anyway, thanks ;)

#8 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

Origin started, clicked on game shortcut, launcher appeared, ignore it and clicked on the launcher shortcut.
it opened the launcher window, clicked on C&C3, it opened another launcher window and the game splash screen

I think you need to do this:
Origin started, clicked on game shortcut, launcher appeared, click the game button on the C&C:Online Launcher to start the game(instead of ignoring it)

#9 Lan_EX

Lan_EX
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:14 PM

Yup, thought so too, Viper. And ended up getting the CA patching error

Plus, it keeps opening the launcher window and the splash window instead of launching the game :/

#10 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:26 PM

Yup, thought so too, Viper. And ended up getting the CA patching error
Plus, it keeps opening the launcher window and the splash window instead of launching the game :/

Maybe you can try to start the game from Origin? (and you should see a C&C:Online launcher, then you start the game from C&C:Online Launcher)
Because I've googled a bit, oftenly "Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed" happens because when a program is reading memory of another program, the another program exits before the Read/WriteProcessMemory is complete.

About Origin (at least for Origin Red Alert 3, since I'm using it), I know when you start the game, the game will launch Origin first (if it's not started yet), then exit, then Origin will start the game again. Maybe it has something to do with this mechanism....

#11 Lan_EX

Lan_EX
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:58 PM

About Origin (at least for Origin Red Alert 3, since I'm using it), I know when you start the game, the game will launch Origin first (if it's not started yet), then exit, then Origin will start the game again. Maybe it has something to do with this mechanism....

Thank you, Viper, I think it may be related to that. Funny thing is the "play" button in origin greyed out, and the CNC launcher started, yet it lauched another window and ended up with the same issue. I'm curious about the "ERROR: game.dat process not found." As you might have noticed, game is installed in a folder different from default. And I can tell you it was a really pain to get the game running because of Origin outdated authentication.

Anyway, I really appreciate you keep an eye on this issue, guys :)

#12 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

So... I've come up with another idea, unhook the launcher
Then, start your game normally with Origin,
then Alt+Tab to Desktop, without existing the game
Open your C&C:Online Launcher, preferably with administrator privileges, then click the game button inside the launcher.
This won't start another instance of game, instead it should make your already running game capable of log in & play online.

I've just tested it with my Red Alert 3 from The Ultimate Collection on Origin, with fixed game launchers installed.

#13 Lan_EX

Lan_EX
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:33 PM

Well, it was worth the try I must say, yet I'm afraid something else is missing. I've got this error

Found game.dat process. PID 6836

I retried with with the game hooked and the result was similar :(

Found game.dat process. PID 4724

Thank you Viper :)

#14 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

Well, it was worth the try I must say, yet I'm afraid something else is missing. I've got this error

Found game.dat process. PID 6836

I retried with with the game hooked and the result was similar :(

Found game.dat process. PID 4724

Thank you Viper :)

Just to be sure, is your C&C3 from the Ultimate Collection Bundle?

#15 Lan_EX

Lan_EX
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

It's not, it's the original version, Viper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users