47 replies to this topic

#1 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

You know mega units, I know 'em, you know 'em every one, knows 'em

I am talking about units like the cyborg commando, which I had thought that is the ultima of the game, I thought that he had his weaknesses, but was powerful enough to be worth the time and effort that it takes to get one.

BOY was I wrong, for I had figured out that any any infantry hero (Fin, Tanya, Siegfried) (not including norio and the bastion bot)can kill the so called "commando" in less than a second. ( though left at red health)

tumblr_og1laeU58R1qbj7nno1_500.png

So this is my idea:

I think every faction should receive a different mega unit but have the Cygorg commando left as dessert.

I believe the Soviet union should receive the Perun flagship (But a version that has the physical ability to attack) (And one with less health)

The allies get a nerfed version of the paradox engine once we know what it is.

I have no clue what Epsilon and Foehn should get but I hope it is something as badass as the two above.

You know, just to make it worth capturing and infiltrating every battle lab.

Spoiler

#2 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  Robot In Grease, BURRRAH

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:42 AM

Please refer to Feedback & Suggestions for this suggestion. This topic is closed for further replies.

#3 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:09 AM

Doesn't look too closed to me.

Besides, is everything a megathread now? Can't one make a regular every-day thread?

Spoiler

#4 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:59 AM

Ikr, that suggestion is ridiculous, Allies don't have a special unit or should I say, Epic Unit in this version, the topic closing is a joke but, to maintain the balance of the Allied unit, you cannot modify Mental Omega.

#5 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

Why do you act as moderator, Eric while we obviously know you arent one? "This topic is closed for further replies" - honestly, that was more funny than any of your memes in MO Meme thread.

#6 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

Please refer to Feedback & Suggestions for this suggestion. This topic is closed for further replies.

Who are you to write that?

7fqd2Qz.png

#7 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

....to maintain the balance of the Allied unit, you cannot modify Mental Omega.

Riot Trooper, Sniper, Deviator, Battleship and any other buffed/nerfed Allied units would like to say something to you

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#8 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

Why are you really angry? I just don't like how under powered and not worth the cyborg commando is.

Also, I wouldn't put this feature of mine in multiplayer if I was the developer, I would leave it for AI battles or just nerf the "mega units" so they can be used in multiplayer but still be destructible.

Calm down please.

Spoiler

#9 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

We need Super Thors, Super Apocalypses, the real Mercury, Paladin tanks.....in skirmish :lol:

I wasn't serious......

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#10 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

Paladin tanks are awesome, I hope we'll see them again in coop or singleplayer missions. As for cyborg commando and secret stolen tech, I've expressed my opinion already: replace it with a Mammoth MkII from TI, it doesn't have to be balanced because chances to get the secret stolen tech in competive multiplayer are 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001%, it is purely for PvE. 

Edited by Damfoos, 06 January 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#11 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:13 PM

Riot Trooper, Sniper, Deviator, Battleship and any other buffed/nerfed Allied units would like to say something to you

I thought the Deviator was gone for good.

#12 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

Paladin tanks are awesome, I hope we'll see them again in coop or singleplayer missions. As for cyborg commando and secret stolen tech, I've expressed my opinion already: replace it with a Mammoth MkII from TI, it doesn't have to be balanced because chances to get the secret stolen tech in competive multiplayer are 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001%, it is purely for PvE. 

Personally, I would prefer if every faction had a different "mega unit" but I would like to see the mammoth return!

Also, given that the cyborg commando is defeated against Fin (Who has only 300 health dammit!) (Without the help of Alize) I would have him accompany the mammoth tank, because he has a really good voice over.

Spoiler

#13 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:40 PM

Personally, I would prefer if every faction had a different "mega unit" but I would like to see the mammoth return!

Also, given that the cyborg commando is defeated against Fin (Who has only 300 health dammit!) (Without the help of Alize) I would have him accompany the mammoth tank, because he has a really good voice over.

Fin pretty much rapes all ground dwelling heroes, so that doesn't say much about the CC. And no please no Mammoth MK II in Mental Omega. Even the Cyborg Commando is too close to it's TS counterpart for my comfort, this game is Red Alert 2, and such blatant crossovers are lame, and impossible to integrate in the game's lore.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#14 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

Even though I like the little discussion going on here, This idea will never be implemented or even considered, I just made this post to get a little discussion going on and to share my thoughts and to see what the people's thoughts are.

I agree, getting the Mammoth tank MKII into the game would be too extreme.

Spoiler

#15 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:05 PM

Suppresor, sorry

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#16 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

Deviatior was gone, that unit will be missed, unless Allies will have it as a Epic unit for United States. Heavy armor, immunity to mind control, confusion rifle, EMP, and lower speed.

That was my idea tho.

#17 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:59 PM

Irritator...

#18 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:09 AM

IMO the Paradox Engine may be the de facto epic unit for the Allies (maybe Euro Alliance)

#19 Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Mental Face

• Project Team
  • 328 posts
  • Projects:Nothing worth showing off.
  •  Actually Yngwie of House Malmsteen.

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:23 AM

While the idea of a mega unit is a cool one, giving all subfactions access to units meant to offer them overwhelming firepower demotes the strategic possibilities of that particular subfaction, because the game becomes less of using your advantages and capabilities against your opponents and more of using your super OP epic unit and supporting army to steamroll stuff (the only reason why Kane's Wrath is NOT my most favorite CNC expansion pack).

That's why if every subfaction in MO is to get a super unit that can only be trained once, it should be less Irkalla and more Stalin's Fist. The unit's purpose should be less about offering extreme firepower and more of increasing the strategic possibilities based on a subfaction's strength or offering an indirect compensation for a subfaction's apparent weakness.

For example, being the subfaction that is about hitting hard and hitting fast, the United States can gain access to the Wingsheath, a fast mobile Airbase that can train, reload, repair up to 4 Allied aircrafts like the Stormchild or the Barracuda when deployed.

The Scorpion Cell is famous for it's cheap but fragile armed forces and thus can train the Belfry Crawler, a massive towering mobile fortress that does not possess any armament of its own, but can have numerous vehicles garrisoned inside itself that can fire out of the Belfry, well protected from direct enemy fire that otherwise would have hindered their effectiveness.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

#20 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:46 AM

Mmm... Creative... But it pretty much reminds me of C&C4...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users