Photo

AI Building Farms Erratically......... Again!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Titan Cronus

Titan Cronus

Do unto Others...

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Projects:The Battle of the Pelennor Fields Mod.

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

Hey Guys. 

The AI has just started erratically building excessive farms all around their bases again. This happened in the past but as far as I remember, I just rolled back to an old back-up of the mod and that seemed to solve it.. I think. This time however, I rolled back to my earliest back-up and it still does it. It is even doing it in the RotWK game itself (without any mod).

Does anyone have any suggestions that may help me solve this problem?

Thanks a millions guys. :thumbsupcool:

ADDED: I just did a complete reinstall of RotWK and tried again (with no mod) on a vanilla map and it's still doing it. I don't get it, how can it be doing it in the normal game after a clean install. :facepalm:

Edited by Titan Cronus, 15 January 2017 - 10:00 PM.

Battle of the Pelennor Fields

Made by 1 guy, has 13 Factions, 75+ Heroes, 150+ different units and 200+ Special abilities.

http://www.moddb.com...pelennor-fields

#2 Krazy Skittles

Krazy Skittles
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:23 AM

My resource structures have:

MaxSimultaneousOfType = 15

I don't know if that's the type of fix you're looking for, but I've had it going for a while and it works fine for me.

#3 Titan Cronus

Titan Cronus

Do unto Others...

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:17 AM

Hey Skittles.

Thanks for the reply.  :thumbsupcool:  Yea, I have thought of that but they would still build them too close to each other. The first 5 farms or so that they build are where they should be (where the farm template objects are in the worldbuilder map) but the next 4/5 are built right next to the other farms. These farms are not built on farm template locations and are built so close to other farms that they only get 1 or 2 resources and are totally useless.

Made by 1 guy, has 13 Factions, 75+ Heroes, 150+ different units and 200+ Special abilities.

#4 Krazy Skittles

Krazy Skittles
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:57 PM

If I recall in vanilla the AI has always made a few extra farms near their base to support their army. Although with that being said, I may have found why they could be making more in singular template locations than usual.

I found out if you change the 'MustUseCommandPointPercentage_Phase1, 2 and 3' values to be higher than the default, then the AI will scramble to build as many resource structures that it can afford.

I may be completely off, but testing the dwarves at 10% for phases 1,2 and 3 caused them to drag along and build more outwards instead of internally on brutal with 10k resources and 200 command points. With dwarves at default (90%, 80%, 75%) they would build a few inside, but still out. Whereas if you make it 100% for all 3 phases, then it seems that they will group a cluster of 2 or 3 Mineshafts for the plots near the fortress.

For my AI I have the Phases at 80%, 80%, 90% and I find that they build less farms to support their army and more to expand. Also I should add that my games start with 10k resources.

#5 Titan Cronus

Titan Cronus

Do unto Others...

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:38 PM

Ahh man, I so thought you were onto to it there but after testing (resetting them to default values), there was no change. Disappointing! Thinking about it thought, it was unlikely to be the issue because the vanilla game does it too. I wonder could it be something to do with my graphics (my com is dying).

Thanks a million for the reply though Skittles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users