• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ricochetshoeshu

ricochetshoeshu
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:59 AM

Years of...

Hello there comrades. Without further ado, I'd explain what I am desperately here for (and not only for this, i'd love a discussion for the series). These past... hundred days (lol actually a week) I've been going through internet for the games' covers Pyro did for European versions of the four Comm games ever been rel'd out in the wild, in pleasing quality and size approx. 1200 pixels width on the minimum. I've known this place for long as...seven, maybe, years.

Never did I joined this community of enthusiastic people maintaining the golden figurine (tip tip, Commandos 2 level anyone?).

Im still on an adventure to find wherever it is possible the covers of BEL, BCD, MOC and Destination Berlin covers with their original properties, either published by Eidos themselves somewhere. So far have done tracking down still-online fansites, blogs, and whatnot, I ever went Eidos' open FTP servers through Internet Archive Wayback Machine, and the Commandos official websites with the very same tool (a.k.a the internet time machine what makes a back-up of every web page on the world-wide web), as well my personal Commandos vault with files from years, years ago today lost on the internet (although not much these).

This is probs my last ever moment of hope, Revora Commandos HQ section.

A short note why I need to find em so much: a personal project would benefit from the inspiration I would draw from the designs and tone of the guys that drew the inglorious art Commandos and its atmosphere is. Think of it as a reference material.

Yeah I posted on reddit yesterday but doubt for it. So is my last bet... I'm dead searching, been everywhere, checked every damn bit of page. No, its nowhere to be found the DB fankit (years ago I had it from "ftp.eidos.de/pub/de/commandos3"; filename "c3_fankit.zip" sized 4.8 MB), the Men of Courage FTP they had still working until some time the Eidos - Square merge, or so..), NOTHING, no clues of Eidos or Pyro published stuff is around anymore DAMM...

Once in a time I did attempt to search endlessly, just to end sick of it. Now am back at the same way, stuck in deep waters. May be some of you guys still... herbert I believe in you mate lol. You've done a milliion dollar job keeping the mod scene afoot.

regards shoey lol

Edited by ricochetshoeshu, 18 January 2017 - 02:03 AM.

#2 Milones

Milones
  • Members
  • 209 posts
  • Projects:Destination Paris

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

I could scan my original cover.. If i find m CD's :p

#3 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:41 PM

MobyGames has covers of all Commandos games in 1000-to-1043px height, except for the US Commandos 2 cover.

They're down at the moment for some reason, though, and should be up again shortly. A year or two ago, they allowed everyone to use their covers (though crediting is welcome) and removed watermarks for 99,9% of the covers already there.

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#4 ricochetshoeshu

ricochetshoeshu
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:10 PM

Cool that @Plokite_Wolf. Will look into it.

Though were Pyro released all three games covers in digital format ever? I'd like to have that as well for just a notch of nostalgia on my wall (color print)/different non-commercial use (i've always wanted to do a cover for myself within C2's to use for my CD's) /saved to my commandos stuff. Before I lost mine jpgs I had BEL & BCOD & Men of courage ones in pretty rare shape, the logo and lots of unreleased Commandos 2 artworks collected from around the internet.

What has left, fck, made it unrecoverable of hardware crash, regretting it much... I feel bad for storing it on one place now years after. I loved to have everything about the games in some sort of on-the-go file DB.

Edited by ricochetshoeshu, 18 January 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#5 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:57 PM

I have the original cd and case for Commandos 3 has all the original manuals and some description of the charactors too, and i have a "sold out" edition of commandos behind enemy lines (which is scratched up badly), but lost my commandos 2  PC cd years ago (I just play download versions these days), and I have the original xbox version of commandos 2 still (All will be EN/UK versions). Can scan any of these if you want

Edited by robb, 18 January 2017 - 05:36 PM.

#6 ricochetshoeshu

ricochetshoeshu
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:09 PM

Appreciate any efforts honestly. It'd be good to have different covers for different variants combined someplace on the accessible internet.

Own BEL, Commandos2/3, last of these two not suitable for scanning as the print has minor damages spread to the angles of the box, yet destination berlin box is still intact from inside-out. I think MobyGames would do the work for the private project I work on.

It's of help for everyone if someone can scan, if think the print itself is as much as undamaged enough and put whatever has come here as an attached file., the covers for the trilogy games. Im pretty handy with image editors, could do myself a fancy custom cover/poster for any of the games, provided I have the required stuff to do so, and put it on the wall. On the desktop, on a screensaverr...  The reason I have not did already is I never had access to almost-as-new Commandos boxes. Always good to keep a smacking wallpaper on your desktop you know.

#7 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:09 AM

Couldn't find my BEL cd, but here is Comm3 and Comm2 (xbox), my scanner isn't amazing though.

image.jpg

for full resolution:
https://postimg.org/image/3zyn859xb/

C2xbox.jpg#

for full resolution: 

https://postimg.org/image/uiba5r5vj/

Edited by robb, 19 January 2017 - 12:15 AM.

#8 ricochetshoeshu

ricochetshoeshu
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:53 PM

Holy pants lads I just came by Comm3 official german one in totally rare resolution, that big for the resolutions we used in 2003 eh.

If anyone wants, grabby. Pulled from Eidos FTP with a bit of a trickery.

I be damned if I dont dug up all the rest packshots. Wish me luck going thru the whole dam webspace:D

ps.: Yes, Rob, thanks for delivering. Anything is better than nothing.

Edited by ricochetshoeshu, 19 January 2017 - 12:59 PM.

#9 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

Hello, I don't know if you are interested in this stuff too but here are a couple of images that I copied from many websites over the years:

http://www.mediafire...ndos Images.zip

Primarily artwork and wallpapers, not really many covers

#10 ricochetshoeshu

ricochetshoeshu
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:22 PM

Strike, herbert. Also I have mostly 70% of those and different kinds of media stored on few places (now I lost my previous back up due a failure). Thanks assisting , love you all!!

Hopefull I'd discover the full covers some day again, that I share here with you fellow friends.

Edited by ricochetshoeshu, 19 January 2017 - 08:24 PM.

#11 Milones

Milones
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:02 AM

I have tracked down my original CD's. Will scan the images tommorow. BEL, BCD, C2, C3 

#12 ricochetshoeshu

ricochetshoeshu
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:28 AM

Excellllence ^^ Any stuffs you got guys, you can post down here for other revora members to see if willing to. As it's said, sharing is caring.

Edited by ricochetshoeshu, 20 January 2017 - 11:29 AM.

#13 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

i have found this interior in your pictures: http://i.imgur.com/PIPvkzJ.jpg

never seen it before, and surely must be under the main deck of the aircraft carrier Shinano. did it make it into the final game and I just missed it, or is it like a "deleted scene"?

#14 ricochetshoeshu

ricochetshoeshu
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

What you see makes earlier level concept. Didn't made it into the full game, as far as I am concerned. Commandos 2 changed a lot during dev-days, if you kept an eye on the project during its inception.

#15 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

I remember in one of the shinano interiors there are some stairs blocked off and a missing door, so I'm guessing it was supposed to lead to that room that but it got cut.

Edited by robb, 21 January 2017 - 07:34 PM.

#16 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:10 PM

Are we talking Giant of Haiphong (I think it's called)? Can that thing be entered? Like Andrew I've never seen that scene "in game" before.

Edited by Imp, 21 January 2017 - 09:17 PM.

#17 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:10 AM

@Imp: I believe it was supposed to be in the bonus mission of the Giant in Haiphong, where the complete surface of the ship can be reached. In the main mission itself only a small part of it is visible and available, you can climb up onto it on a ladder, and that's pretty much it.

#18 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:29 AM

Right, thanks. I think it still shows (every now and then) how disappointed I was back then in C2. I totally forgot or I simply never played it.

#19 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

https://postimg.org/image/4q2nmymot/

another cut C2 interior from saving private smith, this one was in the E3 trailer.

Edited by robb, 28 January 2017 - 01:27 PM.

#20 Milones

Milones
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:26 PM

I scanned all my covers from all commandos game. Not Strike Force, because i did not buy the worst commandos game ever.

You can download them here:

http://www.mediafire...ah2jos9c9yopz21

Some of them have suffered a lot through the years :p

And some of them are in dutch.

Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users