3 replies to this topic

#1 ~AngelOfDeath~

~AngelOfDeath~

GameReplays Staff

• Project Team
  • 1,892 posts
  •  Mangozjeb i Otakurwa xD

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:57 PM

A report of the use of the banned engineer exploit has been made by the player Senna against the player masterleaf in respect of a game played on 18 January 2017 and I have found the report valid.

I must give masterleaf three clear days to explain himself. Original topic on the Kane's Wrath Fair Play Forum can be found here; masterleaf - Engineer Exploit - AoD - Explain yourself please!

WARNING: If this report is formally confirmed, it is very likely to result in a suspension from online play. It is recommended that masterleaf post any explanation or mitigation he might have.

Edited by ~AngelOfDeath~, 19 January 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#2 ~AngelOfDeath~

~AngelOfDeath~

GameReplays Staff

• Project Team
  • 1,892 posts
  •  Mangozjeb i Otakurwa xD

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:12 PM

Three clear days have passed. I am going to confirm this report now.

Engineer Exploit Confirmed!

#3 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

~AngelOfDeath~ as confirmed this report and I must impose a penalty. This is a first offence intentional exploit conviction. The exploit does not involve any kind of hack but, because the exploit is game breaking, it ought to be penalised as if it did.

Normally a first offence intentional exploit conviction would carry a penalty of a 14 day suspension from access to C&C:Online. In certain circumstances, I have been willing to reconsider the continuing penalty after 10 days on application by the convicted player with a view to lifting the suspension at an early stage. I am aware through other members that there are extenuating circumstances in operation in this case and I would certainly be willing to take those circumstances into account in reviewing the penalty at a much earlier stage. I cannot do that unless I hear from masterleaf directly and until I am satisfied that the factors said to have caused the behaviour are no longer operating. In the meantime, I have no option but to impose the standard penalty but invite masterleaf to contact me through these forums to explain the situation at the earliest opportunity. He can do so by PM if he wishes.

Masterleaf suspended from C&C:Online until 6 February 2017 or sooner review in the meantime. I will review the position on 3 February 2017 of my own volition.

Any attempt to circumvent the suspension I have imposed is most likely to result in an extended suspension and may even result in a permanent ban.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#4 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

I have spoken directly with Masterleaf at some length now and he has explained (and I accept) the extraordinary conditions that gave rise to this incident, he having been afflicted by an adverse reaction to medication. I have seen some secondary evidence to support that. Given the basis on which these reports are decided, I am not able to reverse the conviction. I am, however, able to abate the penalty that was imposed and I shall substitute a penalty of a suspension of five days in place of that. Accordingly, the suspension has been lifted.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users