Photo

RotWK Special Edition with Edain Mod?

bfme rotwk edain cd

Best Answer Electro226, 21 January 2017 - 04:05 AM

Oh, hello me, I have found the solution.

You seem to be mounting the disc image with WinCDEmu-4.1
For some reason, this does not work with the Edain mod. I cannot explain why.

Instead, Alcohol 120 seems to do the trick, but not with the disc image provided in the link you mention.

No, Edain will only work with theSmokingMan mini disc image mounted into Alcohol 120.

So... there you go.

I have attached the Alcohol 120 install file to this reply in case anyone else runs into the same problem I have had. Be careful installing it though, one step of the installation tried to get me to install some anti virus stuff, and also during the installation my web browser opened itself up and said "installation is almost complete, just click here to allow chrome to accept the extension" or something, which is NOT needed to install Alcohol 120. So say "decline" to both the antivirus and the chrome extension.

I would attach theSmokingMan mini images but the file is too large.. So.. Uhh.. 

Ooh! Look! A link to a website that has it! https://www.gamerepl...pic=910882&st=0

Now I'm gonna go finally play this mod. Bye!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Electro226

Electro226
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:03 AM

Hello,

So I own a copy of all of the Battle for Middle Earth games, but I am on a laptop that doesn't have a disc drive, so playing without needing to insert a disc is kind of important.

I found out this week about the BFME Special Editions, which walk you through exactly how to download and install all of the required stuff so that you don't need a disc, plus you get the bonus features of the special edition. http://www.thebfme.c...load-rotwk.html (So people can see exactly what I'm talking about).

So after getting the special editions, everything was working, both BFME2 and RotWK.

Then I heard about the Edain mod and was elated to try it out because I've played these games to death so modding the game sounded amazing.

I downloaded, installed and used the launcher to update the Edain mod, but now when I go to play it, it tells me I need to insert the correct CD-Rom.

I don't understand because the game was running before I installed the mod, but now with the mod, I can't recognize the CD image?

I've tried it both with the .mds provided in the link above, and with theSmokingMan's version. But both say the same thing.

I even got kinda disappointed and decided I would just go back to playing the regular version of RotWK, but (using the Edain Launcher) that also says I need to insert the correct CD!

Meanwhile, if I run regular RotWK with the actual RotWK exe (not through the Edain launcher) then it does work. So how can I get Edain to work?

I don't understand, can anyone help?

Edited by Electro226, 21 January 2017 - 03:06 AM.

#2 Electro226

Electro226
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:05 AM   Best Answer

Oh, hello me, I have found the solution.

You seem to be mounting the disc image with WinCDEmu-4.1
For some reason, this does not work with the Edain mod. I cannot explain why.

Instead, Alcohol 120 seems to do the trick, but not with the disc image provided in the link you mention.

No, Edain will only work with theSmokingMan mini disc image mounted into Alcohol 120.

So... there you go.

I have attached the Alcohol 120 install file to this reply in case anyone else runs into the same problem I have had. Be careful installing it though, one step of the installation tried to get me to install some anti virus stuff, and also during the installation my web browser opened itself up and said "installation is almost complete, just click here to allow chrome to accept the extension" or something, which is NOT needed to install Alcohol 120. So say "decline" to both the antivirus and the chrome extension.

I would attach theSmokingMan mini images but the file is too large.. So.. Uhh.. 

Ooh! Look! A link to a website that has it! https://www.gamerepl...pic=910882&st=0

Now I'm gonna go finally play this mod. Bye!

Attached Files

Edited by Electro226, 21 January 2017 - 04:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users