Photo

C&C 3; Cannot establish connection with other players..!

c&c 3 connection problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bluelight82

Bluelight82
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Hello there!

I am having issues with trying to play Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars! I bought it on Steam and made sure it is running as Administrator for all users and I manually removed the Read Only checkbox for the entire game folder.. I then installed the C&C:Online launcher and made sure that run as administrator.. I have opened the port 16000 in my router
and made a rule in my Firewall both for the game and the launcher..

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm running Windows 7! I did set the the port to 16000 in Network settings in-game and clicked the refresh NAT button and the IP is my local IP (it is not possible to change the IP in-game it seems)!

I launch the game by clicking the C&C 3 button in the launcher but then the game does not ask for User Access Control permissions, but the launcher does, and the game does too if I start it on it's own.. This should not be the problem as far as I can see..

I can log in just fine and go into Custom Games section, but when joining a game, the peer to peer connections are not working and the host cannot start the game due to connection issues.. I have no idea what the problem is.. Any help is greatly appreciated..!

Edit:
Here is the logfile:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: C&C3
C&C3 Install Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\
Started game with: "CNC3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from C&C3. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 5920
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
CA public key is expected value.
Successfully patched CA public key.
*** Starting hostname hooking routine ***
Injecting DLL into game.dat process...
Result of injection: Code -1073741582

Edited by Bluelight82, 22 January 2017 - 05:09 PM.

Bluelight

#2 Claymore92

Claymore92
  • Project Team
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:10 PM

I am not sure whether you need to to type "16000" in the options, settings, network menu in game. The admins here will tell you. However, if port forwarding is not working you will have to either setup a DMZ in your router or to use a VPN.

When you login into your router, choose DMZ (look for that option everywhere), choose "enable or activate DMZ" (whatever is written there), enter the in game ip (which can be found in the game, in settings, options, network) and then turn off and turn on router.

As a VPN, you can try Private Tunnel or Security Kiss. The first one is the better recommendation but only 200 MB are free, the rest needs to be paid. It's pretty cheap though. The latter gives you daily 300 MB to use but it is laggy (at least it was for me). Just google Private Tunnel or Security Kiss.

Tiberium Wars

For Private Tunnel, choose Netherlands server before starting the game, start the game, go to options, settings, network and check your in game ip (it should start with the numbers 10, if not then choose it from the list), click done and log in. It should work.

For Security Kiss, choose a server from the UDP 5000 column (LA or NY, US server work fine), again go to settings, network and your game in game ip and choose the one from Security Kiss (I do not remember how it starts), then log in.

Kane's Wrath

For Private Tunnel, choose Frankfurt server before starting the game, start the game, go to options, settings, network and check your in game ip (it should start with the numbers 10, if not then choose it from the list), click done and log in. It should work.

For Security Kiss, try all the servers from UD5 5000 column. I do not remember which one is the correct one. Do not forget to go to settings, network and change in game ip to the one from Security Kiss.

#3 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:40 AM

Please run the connection test in How to Report Issues and post the result in here. That should tell us enough to narrow this down a bit.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#4 Bluelight82

Bluelight82
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:07 PM

Ehem.. Do I have to type everything? I'll hide my IP if so, but the response to that application is:

===========

SUCCESS
===========
Received 3 pings from nntest.cnc-online.net:40000.
NAT negotiation works with your router and connection.
==> You do not have to use port forwarding.

Edit: I just tried to connect with DMZ off and that did not help, I managed to get a (yellow antenna) connection to a host if I joined someones game.. I was not able to host myself.. However.. When joining a game and when host started it, connection was lost.. And the game ended before it started.. If there are
more players, I cannot connect to them.. This is really weird!

Edited by Bluelight82, 24 January 2017 - 05:11 PM.

Bluelight

#5 Bluelight82

Bluelight82
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

Why is the application still running after closing the CMD window? I had to force it to end in TaskManager..

Bluelight

#6 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

The application should terminate when the test completes. Did you run the test with the DMZ in place? You ought to have removed that first.

#7 Bluelight82

Bluelight82
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:54 PM

First test is with DMZ on and now I did a test with it off and got the exact same result!

Bluelight

#8 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

OK. Please remove the 16000 setting. The IP shown in Settings->Network showing your local IP is fine. If you are able to open ports on your modem, the range that you need to open for TW is 8088 - 28088 for UDP. You do not need to open any ports for TCP as the connections are created by the game. That would be the range that you would forward if you needed to do that. Installing the game ought to have made an exception for those ports in Windows Firewall. It might be worth checking that.

Your provider (so far as my research reveals) supports all of the necessary services, so we are don't need to worry about that for the moment.

Please could you try that (and if you are unsure about Windows Firewall, try disabling it temporarily for both Public and Private networks).

#9 Tschongo

Tschongo
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:41 PM

I had the same problem. Now i found it out.

In my router config the IPv6 support was activated. I turn it off and activate "allways use a native IPv4 connection". It seems that coc is no compatible with Ipv6.

At the same i turn the MTU value to 1490 bytes. But cant image that this is the prob.

Test  it. Now its works. Before i use the Programm SecurityKiss to connect

#10 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

Yes, that's right. These games do not work with IP6 only (internally, they use IP4 IP addresses and do not understand IP6).

:smile2ap: Do I know you?

#11 VTMan

VTMan
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 10:39 AM

I have the same problem ( that i can't connect to other players), but my brother, doesn't has this problem and lives in the same house. I tried all the thing and nothing worked can someone help me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users