LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:17 AM

Hook the game using T3A:Online's launcher, then open the mod with its shortcut.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#122 KhazadMilkers

KhazadMilkers
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

Hello,

I've registered just to say thank you and to express my appreciation for all the work that goes into this mod. It's obviously made by talented, passionate people and it shows. The texture improvements are fantastic, the attention to detail you've put into each building/unit is astounding and the game now looks about half it's actual age.

The patrols are such a small but significant feature. Now instead of boring lifeless "bases" each encampment looks like a living, bustling settlement. The performance hit is well worth it. The best part (for me at least) is seeing the how promising the Create-a-hero revamp appears to be. Can't wait to see what you do with Erebor, Imladris and Rohan.

As for suggestions - there's just one thing that looks out of place.

[Gondor & Lothlorien] Upgraded blades visual effect.

In my opinion it's a bit too pronounced. The blades have this glass/ice quality to their look. For the pikes, it's not as noticeable but the swords look like teal LEDs. Maybe it could be dialed down? I understand that the upgrades need to be visible (strategically important) but the glassy sheen has the swordsmen looking like they're directing eagle landings. 

Could it just be my GPU+Monitor doing this? Take a look: https://i.imgur.com/366qtPa.jpg

I think it would be more realistic if the upgraded swords had a silver visual effect, maybe a light silver glow? It would still be noticeable to an opponent and it would be congruent with the lore. 

Having just read what I wrote I've realized that I may be a nitpicker.

Thank you,

Andrew

Edited by KhazadMilkers, 06 February 2018 - 03:17 PM.

#123 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

Hey, welcome to the forums. You are a nitpicker, but that's OK, because so are we. 

The forged blades effect is indeed pronounced because it needs to be. We don't want people to have any doubt as to whether or not the opponent is coming at them with upgraded weaponry. 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#124 ulomagyar

ulomagyar
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 04:47 PM

Suggestion : hobbits to ride horses with characters.

Pippin could ride with Gandalf. Merry could ride with Eowyn. The code that achieves already exists and is fairly short. We could also consider making any hobbit ride with any rider though that seems less lore-friendly. (edit:plausible)

Edited by ulomagyar, 12 June 2018 - 05:51 PM.

#125 ulomagyar

ulomagyar
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 04:49 PM

Suggestion : Make the total number of spell points obtainable 150

Currently the total number of spell points obtainable is 154. I see no reasons for these knowing that all factions need no more than 150 spell points. This is pretty easy to change in the game.

#126 The_Nazgul

The_Nazgul
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:46 AM

Some balance suggestions;

1-Can you please make heroes immune to attack trolls aka olog-hai Aoe knock back so they can be a counter to them? you can also reduce the area of effect for the attack trolls/olog-hai since right now the only way to counter them is by ranged elite units and because of their crazy knock back and area of effect even heroes can't do job against a group of olog-hai.
I know they should be good against melee units but having the same advantage against heroes is so unfair :(

2-All of Celeborn's powers have like a 15 or 20 seconds cooldown which is just crazy! a double cooldown is the least i would suggest.

3-Akhorahil and Uvatha [even with their new ability and being close to WK and Khamul!] they still don't worth the money you pay. how about giving them a bit more damage?

4-Orophin is still overpowered. he can kill both fili and kili in the same time with his blademaster!

5-Already mentioned, but Dain really needs better stats + a more powerful aoe on his "Baruk Khazad" power.

6-Easterling swordsmen seems to be a bit underpowered. i know they are not meant to be particularly tanki units but giving them more armor or health even at the cost of more money is a good idea i guess, judging by the fact that easterling phalanx have 400 health and they are 15 in each battalion while the swordsmen are 12 in each battalion and only have 300 health!

Thanks, Best regards.

#127 Gibbard

Gibbard
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:46 PM

I personally love the easterling swordsman. Their bfme1 voice brings back such good memories, and they do a lot of damage. However, their effectiveness is a bit lacking. In my opinion, they should have somewhere between 350-375-400 health each, because as of right now, they die very quickly, and are outdone by uruk warriors, who cost just as much at the price of 550. They also only have only twelve in a battalion. A type of formation or passive armor buff similar to bloodlust, but for armor might help. Just my suggestions
  • The_Nazgul likes this

#128 OdoProudfoot

OdoProudfoot
  • Global Moderators
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:54 PM

In case summoned Gimli and Legolas have a spare ability slot, I suggest a passive: "Friendly Rivalry - Gimli and Legolas became best friends, overcoming an ancient enmity of dwarves and elves, yet they never put the rivalry aside. When close to each other they engage in slaying contests, gaining #% attack speed."

#129 Sharkey

Sharkey
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:35 PM

A thought on the spell book/palantir powers:

As in the original game, at the moment powers for the good factions are described as 'harnessing the power of the Evenstar', with the One Ring the equivalent for the evil factions - you also click on either the Ring or Evenstar to access the powers. As these artifacts are not necessarily relevant to certain factions - Erebor harnessing the Evenstar, for instance - I wonder if these objects could be made unique to each faction?

One possibility is referring to particular artifacts - the One Ring for Mordor, maybe Nenya for Lothlorien, either the Evenstar or Vilya for Rivendell, Narsil for Gondor etc.

The other possibility is referring to symbols - the White Tree, the Black Serpent, the White Hand, the Red Eye and so on.

This is a very minor point but would be a fun little detail.

Edited by Sharkey, 02 August 2018 - 11:18 PM.

#130 MarKr

MarKr
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:28 PM

I noticed one quite inconvenient thing - some heroes have those "guards" running around and helping in battle. When I had the Great Goblin in the field and killed Gollum, one of the "guards" picked up the Ring but I was unable to return it to the fortress. When I selected the Great Goblin, there was no option to send him with the ring to the fortress and those guards on their own are unselectable. I had to sennd the hero to a fight, let the guard die and then pick up the Ring with a normal unit. 

It is quite silly because in such fight enemy could pick the Ring before you and flee to his fortress.

Could you somehow adress this? Maybe disable these guards' ability to pick up the Ring? 

#131 Gibbard

Gibbard
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:34 PM

I ten to play evil factions quite often, and one thing that I have noticed, is that Lurtz, while being a good hero, dies quite easily while he's not in Carnage. In the movie, he used a shield against aragorn, so I was thinking that as he ranks up, like haldir, he gains a passive armor buff of 33%, and gains his shield. If this is too much, seeing as he would gain the armor of the shield, and the Carnage armor, I would say don't have Carnage give you armor, and instead have the passive 33% of armor of the shield at all times. Because as on now, he can die from a single horde of most swordsman in the game especially at lower levels. Maybe add a simple slight splash to his regular attack if what I suggested above isn't an option. As always thank you for your time and consideration

#132 The_Nazgul

The_Nazgul
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:31 AM

Just wanted to ask if this is possible to make damage and armor number visible for heroes (though great goblin already has a visible melee damage number) like 2.02 and edain? I know they only did it for damage.
But It is important to have both armor and damage number in my opinion since when you take your heroes to an engagement you can be more sure of how good your hero is going to do against opponent heroes and you can also see how a passive or active ability (that effects heroes) will change their stats! 

BTW it is merely a suggestion, not that important if it takes a lot of time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Azog; if you tend to remove azog's blademaster then i suggest you reduce his cost to 3000 again,
because that power was the only reason he was called OP and made you guys to increase his cost by 1000.
I don't see him being better than celeborn and thorin anymore!

#133 Gatovalero

Gatovalero
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:59 PM

Hello Guys,

I am new to the forums but I wanted to express my appreciation for all the work you put in this mod. It is without a doubt the best mod I have ever played and renewed my love for this game after so many years. It has become definitely my favourite version of the game. You guys are awesome!

I wanted also to ask if you had any plans (or if it would even be possible) to include a way to customize the hotkeys of the game. Since there is more units and variety it can be hard to keep up and a "grid" hotkey scheme would feel much smoother. It is difficult to change hotkeys to the base games but if you could implement it I think it would make gameplay much smoother.

Great work and all the best!

#134 LittleCritter

LittleCritter
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:25 PM

I suggest to divide Gundabad's region in half, west for Gundabad's settlement & east for Nordinbad's settlement.

Edited by LittleCritter, 18 June 2019 - 12:44 PM.

#135 Morgul Orc

Morgul Orc
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:26 PM

Is it possible to program the AI to build the armories where they are supposed to build resource buildings like farms?

They are programmed to build only one around the fortress and usually its a bad spot and gains very little resource to level up

so the AI ends up never having heavy armor, fire arrows etc. I suggest that if possible, they can be programmed to have a 50/50

chance of building either an armory or a farm.

If that was not possible, there is another suggestion where the player is limited to building 6 armories (for max bonus discount)

and there are no area terrain thingy for the bonus, each armory gets steady but low resource (like 10) and they level up faster.

They can be more expensive but also limited to 6 so player won't take advantage of spamming them for resources.

This can hopefully fix the issue with the AI. Please tell me what you think, I personally prefer the former.

Edited by Morgul Orc, 16 July 2019 - 02:36 PM.

#136 TinyTark

TinyTark
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

[ORC/URUK CAH]

Not necessarily for factions but more for CAH when it's worked on, but would it be worth reworking Orc/Uruk spells or adding more? They feel like they lack more than other heroes, maybe something to boost unit recruitment, on the note of which some more customisation options for both would be cool, some Morgul armour pieces perhaps? Or even some Gondorian armour, maybe ripped up torso piece, some chipped weapons from the Dwarves? While they are still useful I feel like compared to the Men of the West/East they don't really stand out, most of the abilities for MOTW are support/tanky with some that support the hero's own damage while MOTE are more harrassing focussed and a lot of hero-killing potential with unit conversion and Assassin, Orcs/Uruks they have some abilities but in terms of variety they've got very little, 3 support abilities, one summon, (HoR and Summon are in my opinion worth having all the time, leadership if the faction played doesn't have it), 2 abilities that buff damage output and/or armour and a debuff, with one single target attack to cripple, comparing the number of powers for uruks/orcs to MOTW (13) they don't even have half of the amount, I've rarely ever thought "Hey I'll make an orc hero" and used it more than once, bearing in mind I do play casually with a group of friends rather than with other players online where custom heroes aren't played, A few ideas for some abilities would be:

Whip

Tier 1: Decreases allied units armour by 20% and raises their damage by 30%

Tier 2: Decreases allied units armour by 20% and raises damage by 35%

Tier 3: Decreases allied units armour by 15% and raises damage by 40%

Tier 4: Decreases allied units armour by 10% and raises damage by 50%

Head throw

Tier 1: Throws a head at enemy units and gives them fear, immobilising the single target hit.

Hunting Spear

Tier 1: Throws a spear that deals damage and slows the target 

Tier 2: Throws a spear that deals good damage, slowing the target and dealing damage over time

Tier 3: Throws a spear that deals excellent damage, snaring the target and dealing damage over time.

Mount

Tier 1: Hero mounts a warg (No "Evil" CAH can mount)

Overseer

Tier 2: Increases a building's capabilities for a short duration

-Barracks increase unit production 20% 

-Resource output +20%
Tier 3: 

-Barracks increase unit production 30%

-Resource output +40%

Tier 4:

-Barracks increase unit production 50% 

Units will come out at level 3

-Resource output +50%

Any abilities can be changed around but these are some ideas, I think it'd be a lot cooler to see these added to Orcs and Uruks and make them more unique

A melee Elf hero could also be interesting, while I think another mod did something like it at one point a custom hero that holds a weapon with two hands would be awesome to see, a few of the Rivendell/Lothlorien armour sets would be nice to have, as for what weapons they could have maybe the ones seen during the prologue of the first movie or if it would work with animations, a spear or a two sided weapon of sorts. 

-Barracks increase unit production 20%

-Resource output +20%(Not as powerful as Call the Horde or They are Coming)

*Edit* I went back to double check and Orcs have 9, which happens to be more than half, but the idea for more/better abilities is still there

*Edit2* Scavenger armour pieces

Edited by TinyTark, 17 August 2019 - 02:01 PM.

#137 Duckzilla

Duckzilla
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:51 PM

As per Lord of the Rings lore/medieval warfare and basic physics here some balance suggestions and changes that I thought I must bring up.

But before I do I would like to say an enormous THANK YOU to all who worked on this patch (mode really, but to me it is just a proper patch that RotWK needed XD)

I start with Gondor, firstly by saying great thanks for recognizing Gondorian soldiers for what they were and making them a formidable force, not just a meat pack for Uruks as they were in previous versions, but rather back to the glory of BFME 1 when they were the strongest basic unit out of all factions. Doing that through introduction of lesser swordsmen units (Lamedon clansmen,Lossarnah axemen etc)  made absolute sense and didnt disturb the game balance (since Gondorian soldiers are now not only that easily accessed and also cost a good amount of gold)

This, however, brings me to knights, who are weak in comparison to other elite cavalries, for example in comparison to Rohirrim Warriors, or Easterlings Kataphrakts,  both of which have 1.5 times amount of health of Gondor knights, making Gondor knights mere tear 1 cavalry when faced with those; even Dunedain riders who wear practically 0 armor what so ever have almost double of Gondor knights health; this is not taking into account all the horse riding heroes who give leadership to Rohirrim or the fact that Rohan can also upgrade their elite cavs with shields or Theoden's glorious charge for example. (and on top of that Rohirrim [rightly so, as their armor is not that good or expensive and they have easy access to horses etc.] cost less than Gondor knights)

To balance this: Knights should be buffed to 800 HP or at least 750 HP along side increasing their cost and command points if need to be. (They dont have shield upgrades remember?) Taking Lord of the Rings lore into account, the amount and quality of Armor knights wear, their elite and special status in the kingdom and experience (we all know Rohan didnt really have a real threat until Isengard switched sides under Saruman, while Gondor had to maintain border with Mordor always) such change would be absolutely justified. 

This would require a buff to knights of Dol Amroth, who rightly so should be the best Calvary in the game (Armor, Genetics (a lot of them carry high elvish DNA), valor, experience and arms) buffing their HP to 1000 would totally make sense (increasing price along side that to 1000 or 1100 gold and may be command points as well). To balance this, Swan knights could be limited to 3 or 4 battalions on battlefield at one time.

To counter them Rohan Royal guards for example, can be microed using shoot and kite tactics or simply enabling Rohan royal guards using their bows on the move or while in spear mode (without requirement of switching between bow and spear), thus still keeping Royal guards to the most elite versatile unit in the game.

Quickly have to mention Rohirrim warriors/archers imbalance: archers should have significantly less health: 450 or 500 HP max: how is it possible that melee and raged unit have same level of HP, could you imagine how OP it would be if Gondor archers had the same amount of health as Gondor soldiers for example?

This also brings me to Uruk Hai: why do pikes have more HP than swordsmen? This makes no sense and creates weird balancing: Soldiers of Gondor>Uruk Swordsmen, but Uruk Pikes>Gondorian Spearmen. Due to all the buff charges, powers and spells available to Isengards (as well as Uruk speed) Balance should be Soldiers of Gondor > Uruk Hai (but only slightly) and Gondorian Spearmen > Uruk Pikes (a little bit as well) This can be achieved by nerfing both Uruks and Pikes to 260 HP, or buffing Gondor soldiers to 300 (nerfing uruks a little is a better option in my opinion)

Gonna quickly mention soldiers & pikes of Rhun. Theoretically as well as by Lord of the Rings lore they should be equal to Gondorian soldiers at best: their armor not as good, DNA make up does not match up to that of descendants of Numenor and experience is not that of those who face all forces of Mordor on daily basis) I get it, you want to make a good option for Mordor to switch to late game infantry, but is it even necessary, I for once think Mordor has way too many options on how to conduct the late game as it is,,, Providing them with a spell or an upgrade for free orcs would have been a better option (lore wise - they managed to have it in bmfe 1 no problem)

To conclude, all soldiers of Rhun should be changed to match Uruks in all stats, arms and armor, but speed - that would be a logical and Lord of the Rings lore focused approach.

P.S. If it was up to me I would separate Rhun from Mordor completely. (I mean Mordor has more than enough - end Easterlings were support, not super elite of the elite forces of Mordor)

P.P.S. It doesn't make sense to see a Mordor player switch to use of Rhun and monsters only in the late game: orcs should have constant presence in armies of mordor, even by sheer numbers if need to be :-)

P.P.P.S. Soldiers of Rhun should really come in a 15 troops 260HP battalion to match that of Uruk-Hai Swordsmen, rather than 12 beefy but squashy elite warriors - this would make a lot more sense...

Now back to Gondor, I ve talked enough about buffing them here and there. Now it is time to discuss nerfing things :-)

Starting with Royal Guards of Aragorn, guys - honestly 2400 HP per one unit is tooo much, I mean that is more than majority of starting heroes, for a single unit (not a monster, no matter how elite) this is way too much, this should be halved, may be add couple more Royal Guards to support Aragorn to balance things properly if need to be, but def. nerf their health -  it just makes no sense...

Gondor has too many heroes, and I get it - they have lots, but a lot of those guys, I feel like are unnecessary and were really third/forth base characters in the story. I feel like a lot of Gondor units nerfs were done due to such vast amount of heroes present. For example Berethor and Beregond could be easily removed.

Also Boromir should gain good amount of armor for himself once he acquires the armor skin during the level up process. May be increase the hero's level of him getting the skin if need to be...

Finally for Gondor (small change, but I still feel like very significant - Men at Arms of Dol Amroth need a little health buff just so they can be balanced well against Archers of Dol Amroth - same thing as I mentioned before about Rohirrim Warriors/Archers - they should not have the same health (330 HP would do, or otherwise nerf archers to 275 or 250 HP - this would also make sense)

Ok, done with Gondor lets' address Erebor - personally I think that almost entire balancing for the faction is very good. Just men of Dale are kinda OP - if you take Lord of the Rings lore into account: I mean they should not out-health point fully armored Uruks or Easterlings, let alone Soldiers of Gondor and I kinda get it: there are only 12 units in the battalion, but would it not make sense to make a 15 men battalion instead? Practically speaking they should not have more health than Erebor warriors. How about giving them some special ability instead? Either way 400 health is too much... As for archers of Dale why dont you make them equal to the archers of Gondor with 15 men battalion instead of their 12? - it would make more sense this way (in a similar way that men of Westfold are very similar to Gondorian Soldiers)

This is about it for now. Please dont' get mad, as I do believe all of my balancing advices make a lot of sense and are very much based on Lord of the Rings lore, basic physics and medieval history.

Again congrats on such a great mode! And thank you!

P.S. I would also advise to name Moria orcs battalions as Moria Goblins (a name Lord of the Rings community is so used to and accustomed to - Moria orcs is really a Peter Jackson's stupidity and lack of his research into his own work before making Hobbit Series! Also if it was up to me I would completely remove the scrotum chin Goblin King from the Misty Mountains faction and replaced him with the old spider ridding proper Goblin King model) and would definitely remove the new image of Radaghast with bird shit in his hair, replacing him with a much much better older prior to the Hobbit series version...

P.P.S. You probably wont do this, but as for factions I would suggest getting rid of Greenwood and introducing the Iron Hills instead, effectively splitting Greenwood powers, units, building and heroes between Lothlorien, Rivendell, Erebor and Iron Hills. (I mean two elven factions is more than enough, would you not agree: one high elves and one wood elves factions; meanwhile we only have 1 dwarven faction in the entire game)  Also splitting Mordor into Rhun and Mordor would not be such a bad idea, making good/bad factions ratio into 6/6.

#138 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 27 March 2020 - 03:25 AM

Two interesting points that you brought up: renaming the Moria Orcs and replacing the Goblin King with the spider-riding Gorkil. Firstly, the word goblin is synonymous with Orc. Secondly, spider-riding Gorkil is much less appropriate than the Goblin King.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#139 Duckzilla

Duckzilla
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:13 AM

Two interesting points that you brought up: renaming the Moria Orcs and replacing the Goblin King with the spider-riding Gorkil. Firstly, the word goblin is synonymous with Orc. Secondly, spider-riding Gorkil is much less appropriate than the Goblin King.

I strongly disagree: Original Lord of the Rings Trilogy pretty clearly referred to Moria Goblins as Moria Goblins, only later decision by PJ, which went against pretty much all of the advises that he was given, let alone his own previous work, to create Goblins in completely new ridiculous diseased way, made the name change kinda viable. He completely ignored the Lord of the Rings medium that was created by all the media, board games, War-hammer models, art and computer games that saw the light after LOTR and pretty much spat into his own earlier creation. I think it is only fair community should completely ignore his stupidity from scrotum-chin Goblin king to druggy-bird shit in the hair Radaghast.

As for Lord of the Rings lore - I am well aware that the difference as such between Goblins and Orcs is non-existent. Yet the medium was established quite well, including through BFME 2 games, so making the Goblin King little and vicious would make much more sense over some Scrotum Troll whether Goblin King comes with or without spider ridding ability...

P.S. Having said that - these are not major issues for the mod at all. I was more interested in my balance changes proposals (I ran those by my set of friends who are major LOTR fans/geeks and all of them agreed on every balancing issue I have mentioned above)

Kind regards, Duckzilla!

#140 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:16 AM

http://www.henneth-a...ew.cfm?evid=351

Tolkien called them orcs in FOTR. We named them Moria Orcs for a reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users