Photo

Sizyfos_31[SC] vs. Calm_Phill[LC] (Doomy's stream 27.01.2017)

scorpion cells latin confederation hecthor doomhammer stream

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:31 AM

Alright, I would like to clear some of my strange decision in this match, as many players in chat were questioning them.

Firstly, I am in no way a decent Scorpion Cells player (as I tend to lean more towards Soviets). If I wanted to tryhard and win, I would choose a subfaction I can at least use effectively. I decided for Scorpion Cells mainly for their support power Bloattick Trap, as it seemed to go well with the little gimmick I planned to use and thanks to Doomy, everyone present saw that. Yes, Bloatticks inside Drillers :

Secondly, you only ever see Drillers being used for engie rush/capture of vital high tech structure, or infiltration. And the cheapest way to counter that is training few dogs and placing them near a possible Driller LZ. But I am sure NOBODY expects Bloatticks inside Drillers. With my performance in that tactic, I did not do well and the Field Bureau stayed at the last HP. Now that I think of that, I am not even sure, if it was at least usefull at all. MAybe should have waited with that one a bit later.

Thirdly, the MCv inside Phill's base. Such a waste. Except that one was FAKE MCV. Maybe I would have farred better, if that was a real MCV. And if someone doesn't know about that, you cannot build near fake one. Seeing Doomhammer to leave after that one was kind of strange. Later it was even said that the game was boring, but I am sure there was more action than in one penultimate match he spectated few days ago. But I understand, that stalemates are not interesting, or fun to watch.

So, hopefully those are the strangest decision you could see in that match. Others could be simply explained that I am not experienced enought to avoid them well. Maybe some more questions are present and you want answer to them? Ask away!

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#2 Admiral_Pit

Admiral_Pit
  • Project Team
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:17 AM

Honestly I didn't even know fake MCVs could be undeployed.  So even I learned a few things.  We can also blame the map most of the time too, since well, it was quite a big one for a 1v1.

"Knowledge is Power."  -Yunru

#3 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

That is one way to beat doomy,turtle until he gets bored and leaves.Atleast that is how i won or rather not lost if i actualy did not chicken out of playing a speed 5 game.

#4 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:14 PM

But this match was spectated by Doomhammer, not played against :-/ Anyway, haven't seen you around for a while tbh.

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#5 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:33 AM

I decided to wait for mental omega beta revision 2 to come out.And the fact cnc5 was not compatible with 3.0 and speed 5 in mutliplayer is still speed 5 for skirmish for me didnt really encourage me to play much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users