Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

Uh, I can't open the link. It is empty. Or am I too early? :p

#3 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

Hmm, no fix to Spooks showing up early in Act 1 Epsilon Mission "Landlocked"? Still weird that they are there without explanation and then disappear until Act 2. Also dang, nothing related to campaign, new missions or making some old missions easier. Well, there's always next time. :p

Edited by Solais, 04 February 2017 - 08:56 PM.

#4 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:56 PM

OK. OK. I like what I see. Only things are reduce harbinger damage more and please remove the seeking effect from the irkallas fireballs.? that is literally my only wishes. otherwise, get this out ASAP.

Edited by Death_Kitty, 04 February 2017 - 08:57 PM.

#5 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:11 PM

Uh, I can't open the link. It is empty. Or am I too early? :p

It's there but perhaps your browser is seeing the old page.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#6 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:12 PM

Very nice! Almost all the bugs I recall seeing in the bug report thread are going to be fixed. 

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#7 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:57 PM

What about the radar in Peace Treaty?

#8 NovaPlat

NovaPlat
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:46 PM

Boid Blitz will now have a voice notification instead of just a sound effect... Can you do the same for Great Tempest (and possibly Blasticade)? Now it seems to be the only super weapon that doesn't have a voice notification. I haven't checked about Blasticade yet but most likely it doesn't have a voice notification either. 

Btw that's a lot of nerfs for foehn, but I really can't say much about that because foehn is so op :/

#9 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

It's not the only superweapon without a voice notification because none of them has one in Mental Omega. They're all sound effects.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#10 Admiral_Pit

Admiral_Pit
  • Project Team
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

My thoughts for the stuff so far.

//Bug Fixes

Bug fixes are always good, so no explanation needed.  The Tsurugi and Sentinel ones I like the most.

//Changes

All are great, especially the Basic Cannon thing.  Maybe now more players will see value in basic tanks.

//Allied

It's about time EA got some improvements.  And no more Chrono MADMAN either.  Perfect.

//Soviet

-Been waiting for Foxtrot nerfs for so long.

-I'll miss the good old Wallbuster, but its nerfs were justified.  Besides, not many players really used it well anyways.

-Iron Guard ferf was for the better.

-Nuwa price buff was something surprising to me.  It was quite nerfed after all.

-A really good change for the Dustdevil.  I do wonder if others will use em sometimes, though.

-Gyro, Deso, and Erad buffs are great, but the biggest surprise to me was the Qilin buff.  Then again, we should expect the most expensive basic tank to be worth something.

//Epsilon

-I love all the nerfs here, especially Rahn's and the Tyrants.

-Attacker/Evolver buffs seem more worthy.  Hopefully they'll be used more.

-Really hope this will help Genomines be useful for a change.

-I did worry about the Marauder buffs, but it should be okay as it seemed like most Psi Corps vehicles were mostly poorly armored, and for Marauders to be of that price and greatly fragile seemed problematic.

//Foehn

All nerfs I like.  My favorites would have to be nerfs to Megalodon, Pteranodon, Fin and Alize, MADMAN, and Zorbs.

-Pteranodon:  My biggest concern was that their power, heavy armor, and durability would mostly, if not completely dominate the Soviets in groups due to what I said before, and Soviet AA, excluding the Catastrophe, Wolfhound and Centy, does poor damage against heavy-classed armor, and the only true protection they got is Iron Curtain/Guard and Flak Troops, but said Pteranodons can easily avoid them with their speed and depending on the map, and Zorbs can rid of Flak troops.

-Zorbs:  Their nerf is great, but my only worry is how fast Floaters can heal.

-Shadray:  They did seem powerful against anything except aircraft, and yet their nerfs were righteous.  Honestly I always thought that Sonic technology would be weak against tanks in the first place.

-Duplicant:  Hopefully this buff will help em be used more often.

-Knightframe:  It is true that they're supposed to be the most powerful of basic infantry, but I always did worry that an early Foehn rush would completely dominate Soviets unless they have Bunkers (Sentry Guns don't seem as potent as Pillboxes) or are in urban maps.

-Giants/Godsbanes:  Really like the nerfs.  I still worry that the Godsbanes with their fibers causing stun can make it hard for even anti-infantry infantry to take on a group of both banes together.

This is what's on my mind for now, and am looking forward to the changes (Yay Qilin and Gyro buffs).

"Knowledge is Power."  -Yunru

#11 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:56 PM

Hopefully the Sniper ROF buff won't make Human Shield and a bunch of other missions impossible to beat (because by the time you come close to MC/kill him, he'll most likely finish with killing the second distraction GI).

For superweapons, I'd rather have a generic, but unique sound alarm, to help with differentiating them from support/recon abilities. Or perhaps the generic alarms should have 3 unique different sounds: for SWs, for support and for recon abilities.

Edited by Damfoos, 04 February 2017 - 11:00 PM.

#12 Nicholas Chau

Nicholas Chau
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:38 AM

here are my thoughts on the buffs and nerfs so far for the four factions.

Allies: i actually think the tier 3 epic units being not able to be chronoshifted( i am looking at you MADMAN) is a good nerf, and though i have no problems with allies so far, i think they need more buffs since allies have no epic units ;_;               so yes i accept these buffs.

Soviets: Foxtrots being nerfed is kind of fine with me i guess, and it's about time the wallbuster needs some changes. I am quite surprised on the firepower buff that qilins are getting, though i like it since soviets are the best in tank spam              and qilins need it :3 Also gyros deserve the buffs since they are really underused :/

Epsilon: Tyrants i don't think need to be more expensive anyway( they are scorpion cell vehicles, and scorpion cell relies on spamming their own vehicles anyway), Rahn and the salamanders need proper balancing though, so yes i                    believe they need the nerfs. Gehennas definitely must need the buffs, since people are complaining about their AA capabilities. The rest of the buffs are OK overall.

Foehn: About bloody time Foehn needs a hit with the nerf bat. The HP nerfs for foehn infantry need to be stronger though(but don't nerf too much as they still need to better than the original three faction's infantry                                                 obviously). The haihead tier 3 ground vehicles nerfs are good, though diverbees need nerfing too. For coronia the Pteranodons nerfs need to be a bit more severe, but other than that they are fine. last bastion nerfs are fine so               far. The reprocessor at least doesn't give money for defense kills, but the money it gives per kill should be decreased too.

Overall it looks good but can use more suggestions.

Edited by Nicholas Chau, 05 February 2017 - 01:49 AM.

#13 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:43 AM

I like the changes.. solid

#14 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:26 AM

Peace Treaty didn't give you back the radar in the latter portion of the mission iirc. Unless it was intended

Also, Firewalking infinite Iron Curtain, and easy mode really needs to take it easy on both Allied + Epsolon attacks. They will ignore each others most if the time even when they are literally next to each others

I seconded Solais :p. At least the ingame mission briefing would be nice as well

Also

* fixed: incorrect Rashidi cheer animation

Spoiler

Hopefully the Sniper ROF buff won't make Human Shield and a bunch of other missions impossible to beat (because by the time you come close to MC/kill him, he'll most likely finish with killing the second distraction GI).

Isn't that what humvees are there for?

Edited by Handepsilon, 05 February 2017 - 03:00 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#15 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:30 AM

To be honest, far more missions need to be made easier on Easy than just Firewalking, especially in Act 1, but yeah, Firewalking was the only Act 2 mission so far that I skipped.

#16 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:41 AM

No buff for Eureka? I am sad :sad:

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#17 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:36 PM

You should not be. If you opponent tries anything remotely resembling a tank blob you will destroy it like that: *snaps fingers* with the nerfs to the rest of their arsenal, eureka will work well with the pteronodon. As all of colonies stuff flies, no need to worry about friendly fire. Throw a few of those artyies and your all set.

Edited by Death_Kitty, 05 February 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#18 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:19 PM

You should not be. If you opponent tries anything remotely resembling a tank blob you will destroy it like that: *snaps fingers* with the nerfs to the rest of their arsenal, eureka will work well with the pteronodon. As all of colonies stuff flies, no need to worry about friendly fire. Throw a few of those artyies and your all set.

Yeah right, as if said tank blobs don't have anti-infantry units.......Get close, make a blast and die immediately, sure. Great suicide hero.

At least Chitzkov is fast and untargetable while jumping........Eureka just kinda sit there asking to be shot at due to the fire delay. That is the problem.

Any group of fast vehicles will evade the blast and destroy her before she can even retaliate.

Edited by X1Destroy, 05 February 2017 - 02:30 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#19 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:54 PM

Chitzkoi*, also you do realize that Eureka works with spinblade boost? She can jump in, pop a wave and get out of there easily.

#20 Magma1Lord

Magma1Lord
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  •  MagmaLord King of the Archers

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

is it possible to make the skirmish map Aqua Speculum, accessible for all the other modes? 

Attached Thumbnails

• Aqua Speculum.PNG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users