• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tukolp

Tukolp
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

Hello ,

I just wondered about building in castles or capms in RotWK, I saw many modder do that, but how they do that ?

I mean how could I do the same ? For example to build with men in gondor catlse from BfME 1 on all maps ?

Or switch it back to original builder strategy, with builders on all map.

How do I add buildings for builders or buildplots?

If you could give me any information about this topic it would be appreciated :)

Hope it was not asked before, because I don't found any other question like mine.

Thanks for the help,

Regards

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:53 PM

You can go into the maps in Worldbuilder and add scripts to unpack a base instead of placing a fortress at the start of a match, there are some Geometry issues but overall it works. The problem is that in BFME2/RotWK they stripped out the AI that was capable of using bases so if you decide to implement it then you will no longer have any AI functionality.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 Tukolp

Tukolp
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:07 AM

And what if I turn my question, and want to build a fortress on a castle map, for example, to add a BfME 1 map to RotWK, and also i need the AI to work it properly.

#4 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

You should be able to port the bfme 1 maps to bfme 2 :p just make sure to place the starting positions in worldbuilder.

Ridder Geel

#5 Tukolp

Tukolp
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:42 PM

Actualy my idea here, is to somehow bring back the  builders into the cuirrent version of Edain, to be able to build freely.

Or at least mod it a bit, to replace Edains citadel in the middle of my base, with a frortress building. And give the fort's deffensive upgrades to the walls from fort expansions.
I can give the building to .bse files and it spawns, but the command options are missing. Like I can't build all of the heroes, and can upgrade the fort with flags, or stonework for example.

Edited by Tukolp, 03 March 2017 - 10:44 PM.

#6 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:33 PM

Hm.. well I don't have any experience with modding edain, could be they removed or replaced a whole lot of things... So sadly I can't help you any further...

You could compare their files to the original files maybe?

Ridder Geel

#7 Tukolp

Tukolp
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

Thanks for helping.

They changed some buildings so some of the originals are not working. They use buildings from BfME 1 as I saw.

I posted my question on modding-union.com. And I managed to get some progress.If you interested you can read it here:
https://modding-unio...122oue1kb7n4ck7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users