Photo

RA3 Cannot connect to online services

Best Answer Oo_1Eagles1_oO, 19 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

Somehow it fixed itself today! A big thanks to everyone that tried to help me  :thumbsuphappy:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:14 AM

When I go into RA3 and start online no matter what I have the error where I can't connect to the online, any idea why? I'm using the Ultimate Collection

Edited by Oo_1Eagles1_oO, 25 February 2017 - 02:09 PM.

#2 johnclaystrike

johnclaystrike
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:52 AM

Bumping for same issue.

#3 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts
  •  C&C:Online Red Alert 3 Player~

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

Can you try again?

Also, since you are using The Ultimate Collection, please make sure that you have installed the fixed launchers: https://bibber.eu/do...tion-launchers/

post-219586-1446648251.png

#4 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:05 PM

I just now tried 3 more times and I do have the Fixed Launchers but it still didn't work

Edited by Oo_1Eagles1_oO, 25 February 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#5 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

I can't connect to the online

Can you tell the exact error message?

#6 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:45 PM

I can't connect to the online

Can you tell the exact error message?

When I put my email,password, and Online ID it takes a while then says "Could not connect to Red Alert 3 Online."

#7 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:07 AM

Are you using Windows 8/10? If yes, you can test your network in the following way:

If yes, type PowerShell in the Start Menu Search bar, to start Windows PowerShell.

Write

Test-NetConnection peerchat.server.cnc-online.net -port 6667

Inside your Windows PowerShell, and press Enter, then post the result of connection test here.

#8 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

Are you using Windows 8/10? If yes, you can test your network in the following way:

If yes, type PowerShell in the Start Menu Search bar, to start Windows PowerShell.

Write

Test-NetConnection peerchat.server.cnc-online.net -port 6667

Inside your Windows PowerShell, and press Enter, then post the result of connection test here.

Well I use windows 7 :/ Windows PowerShell report:

Test-Netconnection peerchat.server.cnc-online.net -port 6667
The term 'Test-Netconnection' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:19
+ Test-Netconnection <<<<  peerchat.server.cnc-online.net -port 6667
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Test-Netconnection:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Edited by Oo_1Eagles1_oO, 26 February 2017 - 06:55 AM.

#9 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:29 AM

Copy  the command from here and paste into the Power Shell window.

Test-NetConnection peerchat.server.cnc-online.net  -port 6667

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#10 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:47 AM

Copy the command from here and paste into the Power Shell window.

Test-NetConnection peerchat.server.cnc-online.net  -port 6667

Windows 7's Powershell isn't capable of performing connection test, I'll try to look at something else.

#11 EliteCadre

EliteCadre
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:11 AM

I'm having the same issue, I get "Failed to connect to servers. Please check to make sure you have an active internet connection." I keep getting this no matter how much I try or changing my online ID.

I have RA3 as well as C&C Online launcher in the firewall exception list, but I can't connect. I was playing fine a week ago until this problem happened. And I'm NOT using the ultimate collection.

Edited by EliteCadre, 26 February 2017 - 11:12 AM.

#12 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

Copy the command from here and paste into the Power Shell window.

Test-NetConnection peerchat.server.cnc-online.net  -port 6667

Windows 7's Powershell isn't capable of performing connection test, I'll try to look at something else.

Thanks, and Good Luck

#13 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

Unfortunately, we had a fault last night and the logs are too large to work with sensibly. Please could you attempt another log in after midnight GMT (or anytime tomorrow) and then post in here to say that you've done that, then I will have a look and see if the logs show anything helpful.

#14 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:54 AM

Unfortunately, we had a fault last night and the logs are too large to work with sensibly. Please could you attempt another log 

Will Do :)

Edited by Oo_1Eagles1_oO, 27 February 2017 - 01:36 AM.

#15 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:55 AM

Unfortunately, we had a fault last night and the logs are too large to work with sensibly. Please could you attempt another log in after midnight GMT (or anytime tomorrow) and then post in here to say that you've done that, then I will have a look and see if the logs show anything helpful.

Tried at 2:56 am GMT 

Edited by Oo_1Eagles1_oO, 27 February 2017 - 04:56 AM.

#16 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:10 AM

I've looked at the log. You are failing to make the connection to the Peer Chat port and that may very well be (although not necessarily) because the port is blocked by your provider.

You could try using a VPN. You can google for a free VPN. See this post for some options. You will find different solutions on google, which may suit you better depending on where you are.

Before you do that, please check that the IP address in Options->Settings->Network is either "No IP Address" or one on the network you use to connect to the internet. It should start 192.168 or 10. If it does not, try changing it to "No IP Address".

#17 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

I've looked at the log. You are failing to make the connection to the Peer Chat port and that may very well be (although not necessarily) because the port is blocked by your provider.

You could try using a VPN. You can google for a free VPN. See this post for some options. You will find different solutions on google, which may suit you better depending on where you are.

Before you do that, please check that the IP address in Options->Settings->Network is either "No IP Address" or one on the network you use to connect to the internet. It should start 192.168 or 10. If it does not, try changing it to "No IP Address".

what type of connection do i use TCP or UDP?

The connection to the server's Peer Chat (the blocked one) uses TCP. The connections between players (when playing) uses UDP.

#18 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:35 PM

that worked and me and my dad got online but then in Online we got an error that says" connections are in progress, or connection problem detected. Please wait for the connection to finish, or kick the player with the connection problem failed connect 1-2."can you help?

#19 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:45 PM

that worked and me and my dad got online but then in Online we got an error that says" connections are in progress, or connection problem detected. Please wait for the connection to finish, or kick the player with the connection problem failed connect 1-2."can you help?

Firstly, you may try to let you and you dad use different VPN servers (of same VPN).

If that doesn't work, then you and your dad may need to use other VPNs.

BTW are you able to play versus other players (not your dad)?

Edited by ViperMkVII, 28 February 2017 - 10:45 PM.

#20 Oo_1Eagles1_oO

Oo_1Eagles1_oO
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:08 PM

Firstly, you may try to let you and you dad use different VPN servers (of same VPN).

If that doesn't work, then you and your dad may need to use other VPNs.

BTW are you able to play versus other players (not your dad)?

I can play with randoms online so yes :/ but of course still not my dad! Does it have anything to do with the VPN being to slow? 

Edited by Oo_1Eagles1_oO, 01 March 2017 - 01:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users