Fighting Porter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 malvack

malvack
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:17 AM

I want to have a horde that can also make buildings. Is that possible? First I tried to put the porter command button in a unit (a copy of Earnur), my idea was that if I could make a unit be able to build and fight, making a horde do it could be relatively easy. When the new unit had the command button, it appears as a greyed out radial that hovers the unit.

Then I changed the KindOf so it also was consider dozer and porter, but the result was the same. Then I included the DozerAIUpdate module, and nothing changes. I'm running out of ideas, I was thinking that maybe creating a new script with the LUA events of both units and porters??? I'm not sure if it's possible at all.

#2 Gannicus

Gannicus
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:03 AM

Hi, 

I did everything you mentioned in map.ini and it worked. The unit was able to build and fight. Maybe the commandbutton you used had "FOUNDATION_CONSTRUCT" as "Command" instead of "DOZER_CONSTRUCT"? But I guess the reason it worked for me, could simply be the fact that I did it in map.ini. Also I used Haldir because I did it on bfme2.

gl

Edited by Gannicus, 02 March 2017 - 06:18 AM.

#3 malvack

malvack
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:54 AM

Hi, well I tried everything, but there's no luck. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

Thanks for anwering.

Take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users