[RA3][Steam] Not getting the confirmation prompt when trying to hook game

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

Hey guys/gals. I am running Red Alert 3 standard, stand alone variety on Steam. Windows 10 64 bit. Nothing in the log file so no point posting/pasting it. 

At first I had no idea what was going wrong, as RA3 does seem to be hooked to some degree, as running it through Steam was bringing up the C&C:O launcher, but when launching the game from there I would get the splash screen loading box thing, and then it would drop back to the launcher.

After a reinstall, I don't even get the C&C:O launcher when I try and run RA3 through Steam; I just get a fraction of a second of the usual Steam loading box you get for every game, and then nothing. In both cases I got no error messages of any kind.

So after doing some digging I realised that I should be getting a confirmation prompt when trying to hook RA3; I never saw anything like that either time. So I checked in case any AV software was interfering, but I don't use anything that is real time, the only thing is Windows Defender, and even after disabling it and reinstalling C&C:O, I still don't get a prompt. However, this whole time C&C:O has got the tick next to Red Alert 3 suggesting it thinks it is hooked.

I tried searching more but I am all out of ideas sorry.  

#2 Middash

Middash
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:34 PM

I have the same problem, idk how to fix it T-T

#3 ViperMkVII

ViperMkVII

What is this?

• Project Team
  • 1,010 posts
  •  C&C:Online Red Alert 3 Player~

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:50 PM

Hey guys/gals. I am running Red Alert 3 standard, stand alone variety on Steam. Windows 10 64 bit. Nothing in the log file so no point posting/pasting it. 

At first I had no idea what was going wrong, as RA3 does seem to be hooked to some degree, as running it through Steam was bringing up the C&C:O launcher, but when launching the game from there I would get the splash screen loading box thing, and then it would drop back to the launcher.

After a reinstall, I don't even get the C&C:O launcher when I try and run RA3 through Steam; I just get a fraction of a second of the usual Steam loading box you get for every game, and then nothing. In both cases I got no error messages of any kind.

So after doing some digging I realised that I should be getting a confirmation prompt when trying to hook RA3; I never saw anything like that either time. So I checked in case any AV software was interfering, but I don't use anything that is real time, the only thing is Windows Defender, and even after disabling it and reinstalling C&C:O, I still don't get a prompt. However, this whole time C&C:O has got the tick next to Red Alert 3 suggesting it thinks it is hooked.

I tried searching more but I am all out of ideas sorry.  

The "confirmation prompt" refers to the UAC window, where Windows ask you if you allow "ifeo.exe" to run. If you run C&C:Online with administrator privileges, you won't get any confirmation prompt. If you have a tick next to Red Alert 3 then it means it's hooked.

Firstly you need to make sure that when you start RA3 from Steam you should see a C&C:Online launcher instead of RA3 splash screen; If that doesn't happen, try to rehook C&C:Online with/without admin privileges and run Steam with/without admin privileges.

If you failed to launch RA3 from the automatically opened launcher, try this:

https://forums.revor...ound/?p=1052210

If it still doesn't work, please read the pinned thread "How to report issues", and post your Error log here.

post-219586-1446648251.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users