• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 emmet1916

emmet1916
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

Hi,

I have just downloaded BFME1 and installed it on my HHD. When I click up the icon it brings up the menu 'launch BFME' 'Offical Site' and 'Update'. When I click on launch nothing happens, no error nothing.

A few other shortcuts appeared after download (bfme desktop version, replay manager, patch switcher) but these '... has stopped working when I click on them.

I loved this game so would really appreciate some help please!

I have tried cut and paste new options in the ini file in app data, roaming file. I have tried running all compatability options.

Not sure if this has something to do with it, but when I clicked update I downloaded a patch but it said to run patch 1.6 I needed to first download patch 1.5. However I was already on patch 1.5.

I have patch 1.5.

Windows 10

#2 tributoo2

tributoo2
  • Project Team
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

did you install the online edition game? if you did so you should be at version 1.06 of the game. Last launcher version is 1.5.3.

(try to lower the graphics at options.ini file, also check that the resolution is your native one)

#3 emmet1916

emmet1916
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:56 AM

Thanks for the reply!

I am pretty sure it was online version (3.3GB or similar) and the launcher says T3A online.

I tried to lower the graphics at options ini already.

When I click update from launcher it says 't3a online for BFME1  1.5.0 is currently the newest version available.

I don't know what version of the game is installed- Can I check this without actually running it?

What is the best way to update the game to 1.06 and launcher to 1.5.3

Sorry about my lack of tech knowledge.

#4 tributoo2

tributoo2
  • Project Team
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I am pretty sure it was online version (3.3GB or similar) and the launcher says T3A online.

I tried to lower the graphics at options ini already.

When I click update from launcher it says 't3a online for BFME1  1.5.0 is currently the newest version available.

I don't know what version of the game is installed- Can I check this without actually running it?

What is the best way to update the game to 1.06 and launcher to 1.5.3

Sorry about my lack of tech knowledge.

Follow this guide: https://forums.revor...allation-guide/

Edited by tributoo2, 03 March 2017 - 07:08 PM.

#5 emmet1916

emmet1916
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:03 AM

Thanks for the help.

However the Daemon Lite program in the guide doesn't work on WIN 10. When I tried installing the most up to date version it failed to initialize. Also when I tried downloading the game from the link it was at 14kb/sec. 

#6 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

You can use alcohol52 instead. For bfme1 it is important that you follow all installation steps. Afterwards you don't need to the program anymore.
If the download was slow, did you try the mirror or again at a later time?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users