• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Black24Mamba

Black24Mamba
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

Hi,

I need to talk to a french kw player by steam.
I changed pc, so lost installation by disk.
Do i bave to buy all games? Kw, tib wars, red alert, ... ?
After the buy, game shars by revora?
Could anyone (fr or other nationality) help me on installation, equality on steam and revora (i got acc for each one)?

Thx a lot guys
Gg

#2 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

I changed pc, so lost installation by disk.

If you still have the disc you used to install it before, you don't need to buy it again on Steam. Otherwise, you do, as we don't support pirated releases. Also note that the Steam version of Kane's Wrath explicitly needs the Steam version of Tiberium Wars.

Could anyone (fr or other nationality) help me on installation, equality on steam and revora (i got acc for each one)?

C&C:Online supports the DVD, Steam and Origin versions of the game. Check the installation guide here.

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#3 Black24Mamba

Black24Mamba
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

Thx dude

My "hard disk" is dead.
Normally, my old tw and kw disks are useless since w10.
So, which is the difference between steam and origin to get kw. Samely, tw has to be installed to play kw?

Effectively, i would like to know how happening when we got game online:the buy online, revora (i got an acc to play), the hook, last patches to install?. Is it possible to get advices step by step? I'm not inf pro. I red links yu send to me.

Thx a lot!!

#4 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:49 AM

Normally, my old tw and kw disks are useless since w10.

How so?

So, which is the difference between steam and origin to get kw. Samely, tw has to be installed to play kw?

You will pretty much get the same game, but Steam is regarded as more convenient and Origin is not liked much by its users.

Yes, Tiberium Wars needs to be installed before running Kane's Wrath. Again, if you are using the Steam version of Kane's Wrath, you can only use it if your copy of Tiberium Wars is from Steam as well.

Effectively, i would like to know how happening when we got game online:the buy online, revora (i got an acc to play), the hook, last patches to install?. Is it possible to get advices step by step? I'm not inf pro. I red links yu send to me.

The link I gave you is the most detailed guide we have. Use the tabs to the right to get started with your account, then use the individual game tabs to log in them.

Also, do not use the patches that are linked in the guide if you are not using the DVD version.

#5 Black24Mamba

Black24Mamba
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

Well, thx a lot. I will check when I 'll reinstall all that.

My old hard disk being dead, I havent disinstalled tw and kw games. So I think I couldnt anymore install it again if that would to work with w10... I'm not sure about copatibilities. What do yu advice me? By steam or by origin to get the games? I presum I have to buy the packaging ra3, tw, kw, ... to run well no?

I will recover a pc with nothing installed. Which are the steps?
First: installation of revora?
Second: installation of steam?
Third: buy games?
Fouth: the hook to dix? Not cleare for me.
Fifth: no need to get the patches if have good understood?

Thx a lot man

#6 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

So I think I couldnt anymore install it again if that would to work with w10...

You can install the games to as many computers as you wish. Only Red Alert 3 and newer had limitations to that.

I'm not sure about copatibilities. What do yu advice me? By steam or by origin to get the games? I presum I have to buy the packaging ra3, tw, kw, ... to run well no?

If DVDs are not an option, and you don't want to get the earlier C&C games like Red Alert 2 and Generals, then get them on Steam, as they seem to have fewer problems there.

First: installation of revora?
Second: installation of steam?
Third: buy games?
Fouth: the hook to dix? Not cleare for me.
Fifth: no need to get the patches if have good understood?

1) Install the games and make sure that they work.
2) Install the C&C:Online launcher and hook the games in the launcher's menu.
3) Manage your C&C:Online account from the C&C:Online website, and set up your server login and password.
4) Follow the guide I linked you to log in.
5) If you get stuck, check the support forum for pinned threads, as most problems are solved there.

#7 Black24Mamba

Black24Mamba
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:27 PM

thx for return.

i got already a revora acc to launch the games since 2014. "3) Manage your C&C:Online account from the C&C:Online website, and set up your server login and password."  ??

"1) Install the games and make sure that they work."  --> is able to lauch the games without revora?

So, yu advice me by steam: ok

thx dude

#8 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

3) Manage your C&C:Online account from the C&C:Online website, and set up your server login and password."  ??

What part is unclear?

1) Install the games and make sure that they work."  --> is able to lauch the games without revora?

C&C:Online only bypasses the problem of the closed official multiplayer server. You can still play singleplayer independently from C&C:Online, as singleplayer is not tied to any online feature.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf, 10 March 2017 - 09:58 PM.

#9 Black24Mamba

Black24Mamba
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

yes its true for this "C&C:Online only bypasses the problem of the closed official multiplayer server. You can still play singleplayer independently from C&C:Online, as singleplayer is not tied to any online feature."

well   i ll buy the game and read the faq. I think i ll go back to yu for some advices!!

Thx dude

C u late

#10 Black24Mamba

Black24Mamba
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:17 AM

i got new question: when we buy games by steam, players receiv its by download or by postal?

thx

#11 Black24Mamba

Black24Mamba
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

20 hours to dowload the games??  HOW THAT POSSIBLE?! Damm

#12 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

i got new question: when we buy games by steam, players receiv its by download or by postal?

Download only, of course.

20 hours to dowload the games??  HOW THAT POSSIBLE?! Damm

Download times vary, depending on their server capacities and your Internet speed.

#13 Black24Mamba

Black24Mamba
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

Ssd is OK for games right?
That is they installed to me to remplace my old hard disk.

#14 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

I don't know as I don't have experience with SSDs, but they're not obligatory.

#15 Black24Mamba

Black24Mamba
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:38 AM

Hi guy,

Is DirectX obligatory to play?

Also, i dont neeed to lauch the game by revora??? Steam is sufficient right?

Thx a lot!  :mellowthumbsup:

#16 Black24Mamba

Black24Mamba
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

Yo again,

So, i cant log. i expected that obviously.

Well, i just finalized to install both games yesterday, but couldnt coz DirectX or something like that. Do i have to install it? link?

Today, i can enter in the game. Firsly, i passed by steam, i could register commander name, etc... but cant log coz --> "2. When I try to log in, I get the following error: Could not connect to backend server.

Solution: This is usually a problem on our end, meaning the server is down. We restart the server soon after it goes down, so check back later. If the server is up (you can check our website to make sure), create a support thread (make sure you include your C&C:Online log)"

Si i go here http://server.cnc-on...nline_2.0.7.msi and realized modifications notified. I dont really know if i did good.

Afer that, i tried again, but this time, i couldnt connect coz --> 4. Upon login, the game says: The specified account or sub-account wasn't found.

Solution: Make sure you're using the right information to log in. For Generals, Zero Hour and Red Alert 3, your account name is the e-mail address you used to register at Revora. For C&C3 and Kane's Wrath, your account name is the Log In name you chose when registering at Revora (If you've registered through Facebook, your Facebook name is your username. If it is too long, make a thread and we'll shorten it.

so, i tried to conn with my old commander name and mp if my memory is well. But didnt work.

#17 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

Is DirectX obligatory to play?

Yes, you need DirectX 9.0c.

Download the archive from here. This tool will extract the files you need to the folder of your choosing. When it's done extracting, go to that folder and run DXSETUP.exe as administrator to install DirectX 9.0c.

Afer that, i tried again, but this time, i couldnt connect coz --> 4. Upon login, the game says: The specified account or sub-account wasn't found.
Solution: Make sure you're using the right information to log in. For Generals, Zero Hour and Red Alert 3, your account name is the e-mail address you used to register at Revora. For C&C3 and Kane's Wrath, your account name is the Log In name you chose when registering at Revora (If you've registered through Facebook, your Facebook name is your username. If it is too long, make a thread and we'll shorten it.

so, i tried to conn with my old commander name and mp if my memory is well. But didnt work.

If you're trying to use a nickname that you used in multiplayer at any point between November 2011 and July 2014, you need to claim it in the Member Management subforum. Nicknames from that period were saved from the old server, but are locked until their real owners come up and claim them.

#18 Black24Mamba

Black24Mamba
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

thx for yur support man.. its great.

So, i dowloading actually DirectX9. Yu have to kno that that the first time i launched the game, i got a bug coz probably DirectX...  error message was fast. But if i good saw, that said the problem came from DirectX10 non installed...

I retried to lauched the game, and there, without any DirectX installed and i could enter the game like i said before. Do yu have any explication of that??

And after, i couldnt log. Recap following: i couldnt add me on EA? Is that normal? Is this an obligation? So, as its a new game, i create a new commander name, pasword and nickname. But that put me ""2. When I try to log in, I get the following error: Could not connect to backend serverSolution: This is usually a problem on our end, meaning the server is down. We restart the server soon after it goes down, so check back later. If the server is up (you can check our website to make sure), create a support thread (make sure you include your C&C:Online log)". 

So like i said, and i dont kno atm if i did good, i gone on http://server.cnc-on...nline_2.0.7.msi and realized modifications notified automatically. One point, i already got a revora acc but the game was lauched by steam.

After this, i retried to launch the game, and this time, i have to passed by revora... Revora happend aotomatically.

So, i retried with my new names, ols names and got this message each time: Upon login, the game says: The specified account or sub-account wasn't found.

I got the game since debuts... got revora since end of 2014 or debut 2015, i dont remember clearly.

Yu have to kno i read forums, but its pretty confused.

I thx yu a lot for all... its great.

I wait yur return... do yu know some francophone playas who could help like Senzo for exemple? Yur help is huge, but in french, its easier.

;)

#19 Black24Mamba

Black24Mamba
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

And... is able to yu to explain to me why we can lauch the game only via steam, when the game is bought by steam. I thought revora was an obligation... So, for me, since i gone on http://server.cnc-on...nline_2.0.7.msi and realized modifications notified automatically, i can lauch the game via steam, but revora happens.

Last point, important, when i told to yu this fact --> ""So, as its a new game, i create a new commander name, pasword and nickname. But that put me "2. When I try to log in, I get the following error: Could not connect to backend serverSolution: This is usually a problem on our end, meaning the server is down. We restart the server soon after it goes down, so check back later. If the server is up (you can check our website to make sure), create a support thread (make sure you include your C&C:Online log)"". I have checked shatabrick at the same time and ther were any playas online. So...

Thx dude...

#20 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

So, i dowloading actually DirectX9. Yu have to kno that that the first time i launched the game, i got a bug coz probably DirectX...  error message was fast. But if i good saw, that said the problem came from DirectX10 non installed...

I retried to lauched the game, and there, without any DirectX installed and i could enter the game like i said before. Do yu have any explication of that??

Hm, it could be that the game loaded wrong or you already had DirectX 9.0c installed by some other game before. The DVD version of Tiberium Wars can do that, for example, but the library it contained is obsolete.

And after, i couldnt log. Recap following: i couldnt add me on EA? Is that normal? Is this an obligation? So, as its a new game, i create a new commander name, pasword and nickname. But that put me "2. When I try to log in, I get the following error: Could not connect to backend server.

That can also happen for some other reasons, one of them being not hooking the game in the launcher. Also, since you are using Steam, you should run the game from a desktop shortcut that you can make through the Steam client, or by making one directly from the game's directory.

So like i said, and i dont kno atm if i did good, i gone on http://server.cnc-on...nline_2.0.7.msi and realized modifications notified automatically. One point, i already got a revora acc but the game was lauched by steam.

Steam and Revora accounts have nothing in common with each other, if that's what you mean.

So, i retried with my new names, ols names and got this message each time: Upon login, the game says: The specified account or sub-account wasn't found.

You may have not set up your ingame account properly. Again, you need to log in to our main website with the account details you use for the forums, and then set your login and password that you will use for the game itself.

I got the game since debuts... got revora since end of 2014 or debut 2015, i dont remember clearly.

Yes, but did you play on the official server before GameSpy went down? If you have, let us know in the Member Management forum and we'll link it to your account so you can use it just as you left it.

I wait yur return... do yu know some francophone playas who could help like Senzo for exemple? Yur help is huge, but in french, its easier.

s2nz0 is no longer active, but we recently got word from one of our supporters that a French-language guide is on the way. We'll include it once it's done. As far as other players go, I'm not familiar with active Francophone players personally, sorry.

And... is able to yu to explain to me why we can lauch the game only via steam, when the game is bought by steam. I thought revora was an obligation... So, for me, since i gone on http://server.cnc-on...nline_2.0.7.msi and realized modifications notified automatically, i can lauch the game via steam, but revora happens.

You mean, you wonder how our launcher appears every time you launch the game? This is intended, and shows that you have the game hooked. We did this in order to accomodate various settings that can be applied to shortcuts (such as parameters that give custom resolutions, windowed mode, running mods etc.) so that they all work with the C&C:Online environment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users