Photo

Capture a motion or whatever it's called.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

In BEL/BCD the animations are just series of (mostly) 8 or 6 images of a movement like e.g. walking. But in C2 there is an actual model of a character that can be loaded in Unity3D or so. Right so far?

So can e.g. GB's swimming (crawling) be saved as a series of images? Evenly separated to make playing the sequence look natural?

(Then the images need to be downsized and also the background be made tranparent, but that's of later concern)

Bonus: here's a vid of someone feeding piranhas:

http://www.dumpert.n...kkere_trek.html

#2 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:14 AM

Basically yes, if you can import the model into a 3d program, you can render the animation frames to images - even already in the correct size and with transparent background if the camera and renderer are set up correctly :)

I think I still have an abi import script for 3ds max lying around somewhere. However it's not completely finished, if I recall correctly.

Oh, I almost forgot, here's my bonus video:

https://www.youtube....h?v=Rv9hn4IGofM

#3 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

Great news! Have you ever saved to images, resized and with transparecy? Which 3ds version do I need to buy :trickydick: for that script?

#4 herbert3000

herbert3000

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

• Division Admins
  • 593 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Admin

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

Back then I used 3ds Max 9, so any version newer than that should work. Of course, I'd recommend acquiring a more up-to-date version, max 9 is from 2006!

Saving the object to image (with transparency) is a single line in maxscript :)

render camera:$Camera001 outputFile:("C:\\image.png")

I haven't looked into the code for controlling the timeline but I'm sure that this is also only one or two lines.

Also rotating the camera around the object to render it from 8 angles should be no problem.

#5 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

But the source files are 2001! You never tried anything older? Is v. 9 better with "maxscript" than older versions?

BTW: I think ABI_Workshop_en.zip from belcommandos is corrupt. Has been for a long time (23-11-2015).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users