• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Adlarge

Adlarge
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:06 AM

Hi Guys,

I just recently installed Mental Omega 3.3.1 on Windows 10.

When I launch the game, I get into the main menu screen with all the sound and display working.

However when I launch gameplay, I get a black screen with sound only.

I have changed the settings in the game main menu "options" tab to "Windowed Mode". So now when launching gamplay all the display and sound works, but the display is in a very small window in the top left corner of my screen. 

Any steps to please increase the size of the display window or even better, full screen. Would really really appreciate it! I am a massive fan of C&C and can not believe I have just discovered this! Cant wait to play!

Please, Please help!!!

Thanks

#2 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

In the launcher's options menu, set the renderer to TS-DDRAW. It's the only renderer that really works for Win10 in full screen.

#3 Adlarge

Adlarge
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:19 AM

Solais, You absolute Legend!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game is working perfectly now!!!!!!!!!

Thank you thank you!!!!!!!

#4 Adlarge

Adlarge
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

So now that I have it running on Windows 10. I am running on a 17inch display. Can anyone recommend the best resolution settings for "In-game Resolution"? Also the MO Client (Main Menu Screen) is not full screen. Is there a way to get this full screen????

#5 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

I personally recommend 720p as the best resolution. I personally find 1080p too small, but some people are okay with.

#6 AvistTorch

AvistTorch
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:56 AM

So now that I have it running on Windows 10. I am running on a 17inch display. Can anyone recommend the best resolution settings for "In-game Resolution"? Also the MO Client (Main Menu Screen) is not full screen. Is there a way to get this full screen????

Under Options -> Display, below the Client Resolution picker, there should be a checkbox marked "Fullscreen Client".

Seconding 720p -- anything higher and I have trouble telling what is what.

If you have any trouble with TS-DDRAW, I've had success with IE-DDRAW.  I can't really Alt-Tab properly with IE-DDRAW, but Alt-Tabbing doesn't lock up the game.  With the Default renderer, I was having issues where the screen would auto-minimize, but with IE-DDRAW, it only stutters the game for a moment.

IE-DDRAW was the only way I could play Tiberian Sun on my current computer without crashes or the "missing menus" bug.  It did have the side effect of dramatically increasing the time it takes to load a save, but with Mental Omega there's no need to worry about that.

Edited by AvistTorch, 17 March 2017 - 04:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users