Photo

Least competitive faction in 3.3.1?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Least competitive faction in 3.3.1?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which faction or factions in 3.3.1 do you find the least competitive in 3.3.1?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

Last time we had this topic, we came to some great conclusions. Please note that this topic is mostly about online play. Everyone can win with any faction in campaign or skirmish with the right amount of units or tactics.

#2 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

Oh god, here we go again...

#3 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

Scorpion cell could do better other than early game rush.

#4 Everliner

Everliner
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

Psicorps is kinda weird in that they are medieocre at best in a 1vs1 but can become insanly effective in a team. For me they lack a tanky anti-inf unit, and rely waaay too much on Libra. But when paired up with HQ they become insane you can't abuse their greatest weakness-infantry spam, becouse it will be just free kills for irkalla or Rahn, and due to magnetron/etile combo viecles can have a very hard time fithing psicorps, and building navy Is a really bad idea, becouse like half of psicorps is amphibious.

Apparently you've been led to believe that the goal of this game is to keep your fellow commanders in game for as long as possible. It's a common misunderstanding, and one I probably should've corrected several minutes ago.

#5 Everliner

Everliner
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

Psicorps is kinda weird in that they are medieocre at best in a 1vs1 but can become insanly effective in a team. For me they lack a tanky anti-inf unit, and rely waaay too much on Libra. But when paired up with HQ they become insane you can't abuse their greatest weakness-infantry spam, becouse it will be just free kills for irkalla or Rahn, and due to magnetron/etile combo viecles can have a very hard time fithing psicorps, and building navy Is a really bad idea, becouse like half of psicorps is amphibious.

Apparently you've been led to believe that the goal of this game is to keep your fellow commanders in game for as long as possible. It's a common misunderstanding, and one I probably should've corrected several minutes ago.

#6 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

Euro Alliance.

It feels weird to play. Not the worst, but not amazing either. It's always Thor and Prism tanks. Charon needs lots of babyshitting to use. And sniper...better not talk about it.

None of the Foehn subfactions are not played. And we know why :D

Edited by X1Destroy, 19 March 2017 - 06:02 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#7 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

Casting a Null Vote. Honestly, for now i dont think any of factions is lacking something unless i havent noticed that yet. Euro got couple of great boosts, Marauder armor class change makes them way better to use in head on combat which greatly helps PsiCorps, Foehn got decent changes.

#8 TY229

TY229
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  •  Euro Alliance main

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

Euro Alliance.

It feels weird to play. Not the worst, but not amazing either. It's always Thor and Prism tanks. Charon needs lots of babyshitting to use. And sniper...better not talk about it.

There are these things called Mirages :V

To me, Russia feels the least competitive. It just feels bland compared to the rest. I see way less Russia being played than SC/EA/PC.

Your balance suggestions are bad

#9 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

I really hope this isn't mostly PvE-only players voting in this thread like it seemed to happen quite a lot in the last one.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#10 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

Voted for Last Bastion, EA and Psi-Corps, but actually it depends alot on the map and whether it is 1vs1 or a team match.

Psi-Corps will have an advantage on water maps due to their amphibious units, but they seem more like a support sub-faction for team matches. You can still win with it in 1vs1 matches, but HQ and to a lesser extension Scorpion Cell are more suitable for them.

EA is unquestionably the hardest Allied sub-faction to be good with. They heavily depend on their T3 units and lack options USA and PF have.

Last Bastion's case is similar to one of Psi-Corps. Their defenses are expensive along with their units, who are powerful, but slow. They are great in team matches as defenders, but in 1vs1 ones they are much harder to win with.

#11 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

last time my vote went to PC, but since 3.3.1 they have grown stronger.

Null vote

#12 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:03 PM

Euro Alliance.

There are these things called Mirages :V

To me, Russia feels the least competitive. It just feels bland compared to the rest. I see way less Russia being played than SC/EA/PC.

I don't know if less competitive but I can see why people prefer China and LC over Russia when playing soviets. China at the moment is a very common sight online, probably because they have good tools to deal whit foehn. And LC is just fast and fun to play :p

#13 asdfghjk

asdfghjk
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:13 AM

​I feel like the problem with PsiCorps is redundancy. They lack a unique infantry unit, instead getting Elites which are only a situational improvement over Adepts (how many times has that extra HP or crush immunity been relevant?). Then they get Masterminds which are another situational alternative to Adepts/Elites. Then they get Gehennas which are situational by definition. So actually, most of the time, you're just playing with less options than the other subfactions because all your units fill the same role.

The magnetism tech, on the other hand, is really good and would probably be overpowered if it were on a more fundamentally strong subfaction. It's especially ridiculous in team games where you can force an opponent to commit to getting ganged up on with the beam power and wipe out their whole army.

See, this is exactly how I feel about EA. Now that every subfaction has a reasonable endgame (compared to 3.0), why would I ever play EA? They're really reliant on t3, are about as mobile as China given their propensity to ball everything up and have barely any interesting gimmicks. The most entertaining things to do with them are mass Legionnaire (which is just as possible with the other subfactions) and Chrono + Prisms which was maybe the 20th most interesting thing about Allies in unmodded YR. They may be fine power level-wise but I just don't think they have much appeal. It's a similar problem to PC - why would I play them when the other subfactions are nearly as good as doing what they do anyway, and have other options as well?

Edited by asdfghjk, 20 March 2017 - 08:16 AM.

#14 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

"X faction sucks because it feels like vanilla X faction and because of that is unplayable or boring" should instantly disqualify you from posting in this thread. Just my 3 cents.

#15 Admiral_Pit

Admiral_Pit
  • Project Team
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

My previous votes went to EA and Psi Corps, but both have gotten improvements, so currently null vote.  Both got buffs since last time and they're much more dangerous.

What has surprised me was all the Psi Corps votes.  Gehenna and Magnetron range buffs make em more formidable, PC is still the best of Epsilon when it comes to naval warfare with most of their exclusive units being amphibious, and speaking of magnetic, some probably forgotten that said magnetic tech pretty much slows down the majority of Foehn ground units (excluding Engineers or Huntresses).  And let's not forget those Psychic towers being another mind control method, too.  You should come across a decent Psi Corps player and see how brutal it can be (of course this goes without saying for any subfaction that a player's really good at).

"Knowledge is Power."  -Yunru

#16 asdfghjk

asdfghjk
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

​I would be very surprised if anyone thinks there's a significant difference between faction power levels right now. It's more a matter of whether you think the slight differences are enough to be worth casting a vote over, or if you think null is more appropriate. That's where my votes came from, at least.

Certainly the mod is the most balanced it's ever been by a long shot and every faction can do well against every faction if played well.

Edited by asdfghjk, 20 March 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#17 RushingRasputin

RushingRasputin
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:17 PM

Voted for Russia. I personally don't have experience with Allies in PvP and LAN with my friends. Would have also voted EA but my friend showed me how good they can be this patch.

I personally play a bit of buffed PC and Im doing really well.

Why I picked Russia is that China has the firepower and durability to deal with Fohen shenanigans, LC has all the subversive tactics and can mount great rushes but still have great frontline firepower.

#18 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

Man, all these people trashing on Psicorp, Russia, and EA. They are actually some of the best factions if used well.
Psicorp basically trashes on China, saying we ain't having none of this Nuwacannon spam business. Magnetism also can stop the entire Chinese army in its tracks. No heavy tank army can hope to spam against Masterminds.
While EA do not have any offensive powers, their ability to force shield tech buildings is invaluable. Espically when people rush centurion into Fast nuke, COUGH PEACEKEEPER. Their prism tanks also had a speed buff, making them one of the fastest artilary vehicles. This paired with sniper ifv pretty much denies any infantry on the field. Not to mention how reliable Prism tanks actually are compared to most other artilary units. The deploy ability on the Thor also makes all of your units much much more durable, and don't even get me started on the best god damn tier 3 monster tank in the game: Charon chrono tank.
Russia is just solid all around. Teslacruisers, Wolfhounds, Akulas, and so many more good units. I'd say this is one of the easiest factions to transition to from RA2. Volkov is literally a god, he will kill every other ground hero if he gets a shot off because his emp works on infantry as well as vehicles.

Every faction is so god damn good right now it's almost balanced :0 so null vote.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#19 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:11 AM

Why do you all hate PsiCorps... I'm guessing ya'll too lazy to micromanage your Masterminds and Adepts...

Magnetron's and Magnetic Beam can stop entire battalions in their tracks almost every single unit can be stopped by them, leaving them vulnerable to Mind Control and Marauders damn long range... They also have a huge advantage when the maps got water, Magnetrons+Elite Adepts..

Gehenna Platforms i admit needs their Dybukk-AA fighters health to be increased, And when that happens Coronia better hide...

They make lack firepower, but to compensate they use their enemies firepower against them.. When used well you can turn an entire Last Bastion army against them! It just takes alittlebit more practice and micromanagement to use this faction effectively, You don't just build alot of troops and overflow your enemies base with em'

Going back to the main discussion i believe that all the factions are balanced, they're just a few final tweaks needed (i'm looking at you Eureka) i personally voted for European Alliance since they lack support powers...

#20 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:53 AM

When used well you can turn an entire Last Bastion army against them! It just takes alittlebit more practice and micromanagement to use this faction effectively,

Build more mindcontrol stuffs if you wish. It's time to feed the Gharials :D

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users