Photo

Indoor Missions

mental omega command and conquer yuris revenge red alert 2 indoor missions campaign

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 isaac103

isaac103
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

So as my post states, I am wondering if we could maybe get some indoor missions that we could play? Imagine a mission set inside the Pentagon or the White House where you defend against the Soviets or even blow up Carville as a lone crazy ivan that can disguise as anyone?  :twisted:

What are some of you all's ideas for an indoor mission?

#2 siegelad

siegelad
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:04 PM

Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube....h?v=edIbGwfytU4

Indoor missions require an indoor map type, just like there's Lunar and Desert types of maps from YR, there's a need of an Indoor type, which means the need of new terrain stuff like factory floor, wall-cliffs and other stuff and assets to make it happen, personally i have no idea if they exist already or if it's hard to make those stuff, but it would sound pretty fun to see indoor missions.

Let there be light!

#3 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 965 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:00 AM

The basics is already possible. It will likely look very plain compared to Twisted Insurrection's assortment of tilesets AND props.

Pseudo-indoor missions (cavern or indoor atmospheres using existing tilesets) is something I am working on and hope to be able to achieve. Whether or not they will be in MO depends on their quality.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#4 isaac103

isaac103
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:09 AM

Awesome! Hopefully this will come to fruitation. :) I cannot wait for some covert ops missions like what Red Alert 1 did. 

#5 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,233 posts
  • Projects:Multiple projects at Croteam

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:53 AM

With all the lighting effects we've seen in archetype and such, one could probably even simulate blinking lamps and such to create the atmosphere of an indoor complex.

#6 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

Why though? Act 2 is coming to a close and I think the Foehn campaign (If any is to exist) will have only one act.

But it sounds lit fam.

Hello yes this is dog

#7 siegelad

siegelad
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

Why though? Act 2 is coming to a close and I think the Foehn campaign (If any is to exist) will have only one act.

But it sounds lit fam.

maybe it could be for more kinds of Archtype missions.

and yeah, that's a great idea.

Already had something in mind involving Yunru getting kidnapped by the Allies to stop the Iron Dragon production in a factory somewhere in Kashmir/China.

Let there be light!

#8 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,233 posts
  • Projects:Multiple projects at Croteam

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

Maybe the Foehn campaign could have an interior mission as they explore an old bunker in search of some valuable tech.

Or it could be one of the potentially infinite number of coop maps.

#9 isaac103

isaac103
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:55 PM

This could be awesome for sure! I'm totally looking forward to a return of those missions. I wonder if maybe we can get a seamless transition from outside to inside if you know what I'm saying.....

#10 aethiraes

aethiraes
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:42 AM

I loved Archetype. The pseudo-stealth and the terror drone hunting you always kept me on the edge.

If there were more indoors mission, I hope they have unique mechanics like Archetype.

#11 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  •  Keep calm and drop the FAB-1500

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

My imagination of an Indoors mission would
Be like player (wings of coronia) defending coronia (assuming that it is something like the death star from sw) against an epsilon assault. Basically, you are defending a spaceship and its sections

#12 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 842 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Mental Omega Helper

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

With darkened Desert Maps you could probably escape with making it a Cave. Or possibly use the Lunar Theater. I'm not sure if it is permissible but maybe you can add new tiles for existing Theaters as that's how Twisted Insurrection got to adding Interior Tiles to the original Theater (Temperate and Arctic) Could use New Urban for this... 

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mental omega, command and conquer, yuris revenge, red alert 2, indoor, missions, campaign

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users