Photo

Favorite Monster Tank

mental omega

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite "Monster Tank" (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one's your favorite?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 0freeicecream

0freeicecream
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:51 AM

Who likes polls?

Okay, part of this is for fun, but I wanna see how different this comes out compared to the MBT poll if you don't get to pick all your favorites (you only get one choice).  Feel free to comment which other ones you like too.

For me personally, I like the Pteranodon.  Sheer air to ground tank killing power that swings in and pairs well with Foehn's infantry.  Runners up include the Tesla Cruiser for its micro stun and Abrams for being the in-and-out strafing tank.

#2 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Abrams, because firepower, speed and versatility. Honorable mention goes to unkillable rolling walls of BTs and to Catastrophes which are quite versatile as well. Colossus is nice too, a mix of a heavy tank and a support platform.

Will there be the "best T3 artillery" poll as well? :D

Edited by Damfoos, 23 March 2017 - 08:27 AM.

#3 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

Definitely Abrams Tank. Used with Riot Troopers and there is nothing on the ground that can beat them except EMP and Magnetic. And unlike those slow heavy units the Abrams can actually retreat to safety.

Mastodon is also great. It never dies.

Edited by X1Destroy, 23 March 2017 - 09:11 AM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#4 Nicholas Chau

Nicholas Chau
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:18 AM

Definitely Abrams Tank. Used with Riot Troopers and there is nothing on the ground that can beat them except EMP and Magnetic. And unlike those slow heavy units the Abrams can actually retreat to safety.

Mastodon is also great. It never dies.

i like the mastodon quotes :3

THE IMMOVABLE OBJECT!

WE WILL NOT BE BROKEN!

THEY.WILL.REMEMBER!

#5 aethiraes

aethiraes
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

Im gonna go with the Catastrophe Tank. It's just a powerful, versatile mix of strong anti-infantry, anti-armor, anti-air and somewhat anti-structure.

Second favorite might be the Pteranodon because of the hit and run you can do.

Third favorite is probably the Colossus because it's the most satisfying anti-air to use.

#6 Admiral_Pit

Admiral_Pit
  • Project Team
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

Have to go with the Catastrophe.  Its mixture of speed, power, durability, extra power boost from the infantry inside, and capability of AA is something to be desired.  Honorable mention to the bulk and brilliant voice of the Mastodon.

"Knowledge is Power."  -Yunru

#7 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

I had to think between Wpierdolodon (Pteranodon), Abrams and Tyrant but im picking last one. Decenbt building buster which can also do well against t1/t2 tanks.

#8 RushingRasputin

RushingRasputin
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

Catastrophe. Basically, a heavyweight Abrams, its anti ground firepower is amazing and has AA capabilities while still being able to take alot of punishment. Being able to add infantry inside to add to its firepower is a great plus as well. 

Just comparing it to the other Soviet heavy tanks like the Tesla Cruiser, it has more damage against virtually everything and can attack air units. Against Nuwa Cannons, they have more DPS, maneuverability and can easily wipe them when they get close. 

Abrams tanks are a second. Agile, Great DPS and can clean infantry while still remaining fairly durable. 

#9 Battle Bee

Battle Bee
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:12 PM

Hey, where's the Apocalypse Tank?

#10 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

In a garbage can, where it belongs.

#11 Battle Bee

Battle Bee
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

B-but it's my favourite. ; -;

#12 Darkiea

Darkiea
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

Honestly ive always loved the battle fortress or in MO Its battle Tortoise having a bulky tank infantry transport walking thought the lines and destroying stuff on both sides of it is pretty fun to watch from YR To MO plus having Guardian GI'S and seals in it Along with a suppressor in them makes them semi like a Bison tank with its Nano charge boost  

Anywho second mention to the Tesla cruiser ive loved using that thing as soviets anytime and Runing around killing infantry and tanks with it and also has a main tank counter xD

Your sky the beauty alone is worth it~

#13 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

Catastrophe Tank, no question asked. It's pretty powerful against ground vehicles, resistant, not too slow, and is just the most polyvalent tank of the game. AA capabilities and ability to take infantry for additional firepower means a group of these tanks, once properly fitted, can destroy just any threat thrown at them, and it has no price.

#14 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

My vote is in between the Abrams, Teslacruiser, and Catastphe tank. While I almost never play Soviets I absolutely adore the Catastrophe tank, which is basically just good at EVERYTHING. The only thing about the Catastophe is, while heavy in dps and versatility, it will cost a lot more than the Nuwa cannon to equip with a desolator. Tesla cruiser and Abrams on the other hand are a lot easier and more cost effective to spam. Gonna have to go with the Abrams, even thou Teslacruiser do more damage in therms of anti-tank and anti-infantry, they are pathetic vs buildings. But wait... now that I think about no one has talked about the true monster I'm the field. The most god damn effective tank in the game, able to 1v1 almost all other monsters. The Charon chrono tank :D

Edited by NorthFireZ, 23 March 2017 - 06:13 PM.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#15 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

I'll pick anything but Charon. There were times where a whole group of Charons got distracted by some infantry bloke charging in, wasted theirs shots on it and be destroyed while reloading. Sure it's great vs stuffs like Nuwas when properly microed, but that can only be done in small battles. Large ones are mostly about spam and Charons spam is definitely not a good idea.

Seriously, Mirage tank does a better job than Charon in anti-tank combat. It's too bothersome to make good use out of this thing.

Edited by X1Destroy, 23 March 2017 - 07:34 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#16 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

Megalodon because it is unconventional..

#17 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:53 PM

I'll pick anything but Charon. There were times where a whole group of Charons got distracted by some infantry bloke charging in, wasted theirs shots on it and be destroyed while reloading. Sure it's great vs stuffs like Nuwas when properly microed, but that can only be done in small battles. Large ones are mostly about spam and Charons spam is definitely not a good idea.

Seriously, Mirage tank does a better job than Charon in anti-tank combat. It's too bothersome to make good use out of this thing.

Even more annoying when you found out multiple Charons were gunning the SAME targets, effectively wasting ammo for like one single conscript for example.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#18 Nicholas Chau

Nicholas Chau
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:52 AM

B-but it's my favourite. ; -;

apocalypse tank is stolen tech, this poll is for the monster tanks that you can build normally.

Also the tank isn't garbage; it's extremely versatile, no longer shit against infantry(spammed anti tank infantry is still a danger as usual but not to the same extent as vanilla game), CAN heal infantry like drakuv(albeit better than it in combat) and it's resistant to EMP too. It's only weaknesses are that the other stolen tech monster tanks can beat it in pure anti-tank firepower(which is why i pointed out it's versatility), and of course mind control along with charon tanks, chrono legionnaires and chrono prisons.

#19 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:44 AM

Also the tank isn't garbage

Psst, it's Alstar

You know :

Spoiler

Edited by Handepsilon, 24 March 2017 - 03:47 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#20 Nevermore2790

Nevermore2790
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Projects:Crossover Series

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

Mastodon! Ready for BATTLE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic