Latin Confederation Strategy/Tips/Ideas?

latin confederation strategy tips ideas

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

Hey all!

So I'm looking for tips to diversify my LC game. My current favored strategy looks something like this:

In the early game, I play defensive (Smoke turrets!) and go heavy eco, using Vultures as scouts and defensive pickets. Late game, I apply Buratinos in large numbers, covered by the Vultures.

But I'd like to learn how to power-use Mortar Quads, Catastrophes, Fury Drones, and other faction-specific stuff. Anyone got favored strategies or general ideas that they like to use with LC?

Thanks!

#2 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:58 PM

Mortar Quads are great against slow tanks, they can also outrange NuWa Cannons, if you play against them. If you have economy for that, you can even use Drakuvs to catch some slower tanks and destroy them with Mortar Quads. Or catch any unfortunate T1-T2 tank and snipe it with Morales for some captured units you would find useful (especially IFVs).

Catastrophes are your standard brute force tanks (understand old Apocalypse/current Abrams), that have potent AA weapon when in a pinch. But remember to make full use of those firing ports they have. Desolators for anti ground forces, Pyro for that extra structure damage.

With Fury Drones, you have to ask yourself one question. "Do I have the capabilities and time to micro disposable units?" If yes, then enjoy these glorified Crazy Ivan bombs, that need to be deployed first to use with range of 9 and huge damage potential, especially against structures. But beware of cannon-fodder units, as Fury Drones are a bit more expensive than Terror Drones (and one use only).

I have one funny operation with Vultures, especially with more than 3. Although it's more effective against structures with more cells. And do not try that near any AA, as you would waste 5000+ credits for some gimmick. So, you select a group of Vultures and sent them over enemy structure with Alt. they will hover above it. Then you deploy them. enjoy the burst with flame aftermath.

And from my experience, majority of defenses and smaller structures cannot survive 2 napalm bombs from Arsonist. Do not forget to disguise him first. Enjoy

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#3 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:47 PM

Thanks!

#4 JemCel03

JemCel03
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Projects:C&C War of the Three Powers C&C Tiberium Fallout

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:24 AM

Mass produce Vultures too!! That will also help you 

J  e  m  C  e  l  0  3

#5 RushingRasputin

RushingRasputin
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:04 AM

Jaguar rushes are very fast to mount early on. Do make timing attacks and harass miners. A T3, Catastrophes are your go to, with Buratino support for anti-inf and siege. Place infantry inside the Catastrophes (Desolators, Pyros, Tesla Troopers come to mind if you can spare the expense) 

If you can sneak vultures into his base, that would be very good as well. Mortar quads are also great anti armor. Use them. 

Don't forget the smoke bombs as well

Edited by RushingRasputin, 01 April 2017 - 09:07 AM.

#6 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

Mass produce Vultures too!! That will also help you 

Yes, I was going to ask about this. Would all-in Vulture spam work? They can target anything.

#7 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

Jaguar rushes are very fast to mount early on. Do make timing attacks and harass miners. A T3, Catastrophes are your go to, with Buratino support for anti-inf and siege. Place infantry inside the Catastrophes (Desolators, Pyros, Tesla Troopers come to mind if you can spare the expense) 

If you can sneak vultures into his base, that would be very good as well. Mortar quads are also great anti armor. Use them. 

Don't forget the smoke bombs as well

I haven't made much use of Jaguars, but with their speed and desperate driver I can totally see them being good harvester harassment units. Thanks!

But what about Epsilon's Ghost Miners?  :mellow:

#8 JemCel03

JemCel03
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

All-in Vulture spam for offense don't. They should just be use for defensive purposes.

J  e  m  C  e  l  0  3

#9 RushingRasputin

RushingRasputin
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:12 PM

I haven't made much use of Jaguars, but with their speed and desperate driver I can totally see them being good harvester harassment units. Thanks!

But what about Epsilon's Ghost Miners?  :mellow:

You could rush their base, and try to take out infrastructure. Archers take out your Jaguars but Jaguars are fast enough to run them over as well as the desperate driver taking them out. 

#10 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

Catastrophe(desolator inside)+lots of buratinos+pyros and vultures against air threats to prevent them mowing down your infantry(flying disk+warhawk which gave me a lot of headache during firewalking).

(You may also serve some bomb buggies for appetizer)

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 01 April 2017 - 09:24 PM.

#11 Dawbra

Dawbra
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:33 PM

You known new Vulture depoloy function, im not sure how much dmg that do to buldings but it can do dmg if you spam them more, MORE!

#12 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:52 PM

Vulture deploy strike deals surprising amount of damage, especially when you keep it above the structure as I mentioned earlier, but it's no Kirov bomb, alright? This is where their numbers help more (and they can fight against most treaths or flee).

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#13 JemCel03

JemCel03
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

If you're wondering how to deal with Epsilon AI's Ghost Miners, use Tesla Troopers, Borillos, and Morales.

J  e  m  C  e  l  0  3

#14 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:25 PM

(You may also serve some bomb buggies for appetizer)

Sounds delicious! :p Yeah, I like Bomb Buggies.

#15 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:26 PM

If you're wondering how to deal with Epsilon AI's Ghost Miners, use Tesla Troopers, Borillos, and Morales.

So use Morales to detect the Miners?

#16 JemCel03

JemCel03
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

Yes. Being a hero unit, Morales can see what a naked eye can't. Plus as far as I recall, you can kill the driver of the Ghost Miner. So, get at least small Engg sqauds hohoho!!

J  e  m  C  e  l  0  3

#17 EtherealDark

EtherealDark
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:13 PM

Yes. Being a hero unit, Morales can see what a naked eye can't. Plus as far as I recall, you can kill the driver of the Ghost Miner. So, get at least small Engg sqauds hohoho!!

You can't kill the drivers of any miner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users