video recording software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

Hey all!

I'd like to record some Mental Omega videos, but I can't seem to find good software. I don't have money to put out for this kind of thing. Does anyone here use anything free, and if so, how did you make it work?

I've tried using OBS Studio, but the Game Capture function will only pick up the client executable. When I try to set it to the game executable, it just records a black screen.

#2 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:51 AM

UPDATE: I've managed to get quite good FPS both in game and in the recording, with only occasional spikes, by tweaking the settings. Here's what I did that I can recall:

In game:

1. Windowed game mode

2. Borderless mode

3. 1024 x 768 game resolution

In OBS Studio:

1. Use Window Capture, not Game Capture

2. Check multi-adapter compatibility in the Source Settings window

3. In Output Settings under the Recording tab, use the H264 encoder (this is an AMD thing, not sure how this would differ for someone else, sorry) and use the Speed quality preset

4. In Video Settings, use Bilinear Downscale Filter and set to 30 FPS

Can anyone else input on this? I'm going to play around with the settings a bit more, but is there anything I've done wrong? Could I tweak this for greater performance? I'm a bit of an IT guy, but not a tech wizard, so for all I know I've hurt my performance with one or more of these settings.

Anyway, at least I've got some reasonable recording going. Yay! Looking forward to possibly putting some stuff out for the community... :)

#3 hxdoom

hxdoom
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  •  Trying to Malver micro

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

any dropped frames? i might try this

also how can you play 1024 res REEEEEEEE

#4 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:40 AM

I see an occasional dropped frame. It might get worse during big fights, I'm not sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users